Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I like the Kaido pirates' dynamic. At least among the top brass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I love that Kanjuro has to fight his way to Orochi, because no one bothered to tell anyone he's a double agent.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Electric Phantasm posted:

I love that Kanjuro has to fight his way to Orochi, because no one bothered to tell anyone he's a double agent.

I hope someone goes through that tunnel later and all of the guards are still knocked out and they just make it through unhindered.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

one piece owns. here's to hoping that giant skull this island was formed on is a real skull from a real creature and someone has a cool ability to jump from their bone body to another bone body and control it and there's a whole body attached to the skull in the water and that gets up and owns everyone.

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

The skull belongs to Big Oars Sr.

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

the big skull belongs to whoever wore the big hat

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
Well, pirate lairs built in islands with skull resembling rocks is probably piracy 101 in the One Piece world.

Raposa
Aug 4, 2007

That post went quite well, I think.
That shadow behind Franky and Robin is 100% Yamato, right?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Jimbei and Robin bonding over being the only adults makes me like Jimbei more.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

Waffleman_ posted:

The best part is every single person to join the crew since Robin has been older than her, but Jimbei is till the first adult.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Raposa posted:

That shadow behind Franky and Robin is 100% Yamato, right?

Don't see who else it would be

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
If Toei weren't cowards they'd immediately change Chopper's theme to one more appropriate for a Colonel of a motherfucking tank.

Rody One Half posted:

E: I also continue to question what the actual plan here is, having established quite clearly in the whole cake and here that our boys and girls absolutely are not capable of taking down Mom or Kaidou, and now they are both here, plus all their brass.

1)Most of the Strawhats got power ups since Whole Cake.
2)The goal on Whole Cake was to get back Sanji, get a rubbing of the ponyglyph, and then get out.
3)Big Mom encourages feasts and gluttony while Kaido has turned the nation into a hell hole where meat and saki are scarce.

Also, Kinemon and his group may not know better but by Chapter 979 we should all know that plans are to be ignored because there's faces that need punched.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Is Yamato somehow gonna be Battleship Yamato?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

Lpzie posted:

one piece owns. here's to hoping that giant skull this island was formed on is a real skull from a real creature and someone has a cool ability to jump from their bone body to another bone body and control it and there's a whole body attached to the skull in the water and that gets up and owns everyone.

In theory Big Mom can give the skull life.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Mraagvpeine posted:

In theory Big Mom can give the skull life.

GA
SHA
DOKURO

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

this would be worth it just to see how the ninjas that brook spooked earlier react to an even bigger spookier skeleton

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

Gashadokuro are tied to starvation.... you might be onto something...

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
For a guy who just punches the direction out of people's lives, Luffy can radiate some serious killing intent.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Supersonic Shine posted:

For a guy who just punches the direction out of people's lives, Luffy can radiate some serious killing intent.

Nah he's actually pretty bad at that.

People are always underestimating him and getting blindsided when he suddenly explodes with anger. Even the weakest enemies cannot tell that he's actually about to beat the poo poo out of them. This is basically the whole premise of the Jaya arc, where Bellamy is relentlessly bullying him and then gets completely destroyed in one punch.

Zoro, on the other hand, that dude has killing intent so strong he literally used to it to win that fight back in Punk Hazard.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Waffleman_ posted:

:yeah:

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...
:rip: Jack, he's going to get bodied by whichever Tobi Roppo challenges him.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Jimbei and Robin are the parents standing at the entrance to the playground watching their kids run off and try their best to injure themselves and each other and it's great.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Sindai posted:

Jimbei and Robin are the parents standing at the entrance to the playground watching their kids run off and try their best to injure themselves and each other and it's great.

It's the best

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Sindai posted:

these are my favorite robin moments, her fawning over hot cute her boys look in the kabuto armor or going along with the hype of afro luffy despite not getting it herself

happy mother's day to the mom of the strawhat pirates

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!

MorningMoon posted:

Is Yamato somehow gonna be Battleship Yamato?

I was curious where Yamato could have come from since this whole arc is so steeped in Japanese history. From some brief reading, I'm guessing it is based off of Yamato Takeru. He was the son of Emperor Keiko. The history involves him having a brutal temperament, being sent on death missions by his father but surviving, getting a legendary sword found in the body of an eight headed serpent. It goes on.

You all can read about it, but those details seem to fit in with everything that as happened in Wano so far.

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Begemot posted:

He is definitely the most laid-back villain we've had so far. Just kind of going over his schedule and chatting with his subordinates. Not the kind of arbitrarily evil or assholish villains you often get in One Piece, it's a nice change of pace.

It's not like he has to worry about assassination attempts or anything, I imagine not needing to feel paranoid of your ambitious underlings really takes the pressure off.

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

Even if he wasn't impossibly tough I doubt Kaido would be particularly paranoid. He'd be just as happy getting killed by an ambitious underling as he would be dying in his great war.

Tolth
Mar 16, 2008

PÄDOPHILIE MACHT FREI

Begemot posted:

Nah he's actually pretty bad at that.

People are always underestimating him and getting blindsided when he suddenly explodes with anger. Even the weakest enemies cannot tell that he's actually about to beat the poo poo out of them. This is basically the whole premise of the Jaya arc, where Bellamy is relentlessly bullying him and then gets completely destroyed in one punch.

Zoro, on the other hand, that dude has killing intent so strong he literally used to it to win that fight back in Punk Hazard.

Luffy doesn't have killing intent because he's the Taoist "Perfect Man". It's not a question of killing intent - volcanos and tsunamis don't have killing intent. Luffy is a force of nature - he's the man who'll be the Pirate King, not a petty Emperor.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Crunchyroll released a video showcasing a bit of the Mugiwara Cafe in Japan. It seems really cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRvq-3pKYQM

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Oh cool, they still have a life-sized Nami statue. Absolutely terrifying to see in real life.

Zakutambah
Jan 17, 2007

#include <Mastodon.h>
#include <Pterodactyl.h>
#include <Triceratops.h>
#include <SaberToothed_Tiger.h>
#include <Tyrannosaurus.h>

void megazordSequence();
College Slice

Darth Walrus posted:

I feel like Franky needs more love in the Straw Hat rankings. Good personality, good look, good fights.

I've been pleasantly surprised at just how much Franky has grown into one of the main powerhouses of the Strawhats since the time skip.
He's had a lot of fun fights. Having a literal transforming/docking mecha, defeating Baby5 and Buffalo, trashing the Dressrosa factory and the hard boiled fight against Senor Pink.

Has a pretty critical role within the crew apart from that, being the shipwright and just general engineer.

The running mecha gags; both how much the guys love the combining robots, and Robin's deadpan reaction.

Franky's great.

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all

Professor Wayne posted:

Oh cool, they still have a life-sized Nami statue. Absolutely terrifying to see in real life.

the ones in this video are both cool and also absolutely terrifying

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v071UD-naFg

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Voxx posted:

the ones in this video are both cool and also absolutely terrifying

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v071UD-naFg

Hm. Yeah, that's terrifying. I guess the dream of real life Nami is not meant to be.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Oda already married her.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

Oda already married her.

People keep saying that and I didn't know the story so I investigated and it is far more literal then I assumed.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Zakutambah posted:

I've been pleasantly surprised at just how much Franky has grown into one of the main powerhouses of the Strawhats since the time skip.
He's had a lot of fun fights. Having a literal transforming/docking mecha, defeating Baby5 and Buffalo, trashing the Dressrosa factory and the hard boiled fight against Senor Pink.

Has a pretty critical role within the crew apart from that, being the shipwright and just general engineer.

The running mecha gags; both how much the guys love the combining robots, and Robin's deadpan reaction.

Franky's great.

Franky also had that moment stalling against 4 execs + marines while the rest took out Sugar. Guys been a powerhouse since timeskip

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

I'm sorta not on board with the eventh hour asspull of Kaidou having a son so late in the game here.

Here we are about to throw down and watch the fireworks factory blow up, then right as the straw hat armada is in the process of raiding the party it turns out that Kaido's got some hulking fucker of his own stashed away, with temper that causes the dragon man himself to raise an eyebrow, who will probably swoop down to give Luffy and the crew the business in an already turmulous situation to begin with.

Feels a bit cheap. You couldn't bring him into the plot a bit earlier Oda? Not during Act II somewhere, or maybe after Kaido and Big Mom threw down? Maybe he's saving him for some post-Wano action, I could get behind that a bit more.

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick

Parrotine posted:

I'm sorta not on board with the eventh hour asspull of Kaidou having a son so late in the game here.

Here we are about to throw down and watch the fireworks factory blow up, then right as the straw hat armada is in the process of raiding the party it turns out that Kaido's got some hulking fucker of his own stashed away, with temper that causes the dragon man himself to raise an eyebrow, who will probably swoop down to give Luffy and the crew the business in an already turmulous situation to begin with.

Feels a bit cheap. You couldn't bring him into the plot a bit earlier Oda? Not during Act II somewhere, or maybe after Kaido and Big Mom threw down? Maybe he's saving him for some post-Wano action, I could get behind that a bit more.

lol didnt even realize this, he's katakuri 2

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Parrotine posted:

hes going to join the crew

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

God damn it, where are my ant keys?! I'm gonna miss my flight!
It was someone else that posed this idea originally, but I hope Kaido’s son is a NEET.