Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

So, is there still no word on anything about Stone Ocean anime?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Vento Aureo's anime got announced randomly at the end of summer and I think I remember Diamond is Unbreakable having an out-of-the-blue announcement, too, so who knows really.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i legit have no clue as to when/if it'll ever be announced and it's been so out of the blue each time there's no reason to actually speculate. especially given what's going on right now.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

It’s a drat shame the future of JoJo anime is so uncertain but I’m having a great time finally reading Stone Ocean.

Stay strong, Jolyene, you’ll get out of this!!

Very excited to experience SBR after this too.

Kart Barfunkel fucked around with this message at 02:56 on May 14, 2020

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

we had a cool Let's Read thread of part 7 since no one had any idea if the series would ever get animated further and due to it having no relation to the story of 1-6 anyways

it's a dope part

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
yeah im not expecting any Stone Ocean news for at least another year, maybe two.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

It'll be an hour-long stream of these sick shoes Araki designed and then at the end he'll just mutter something about the Stone Ocean anime starting in two weeks.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

the biggest loss we will all suffer to the Stone Ocean animation is there is likely not a chance that we get the infamous WHERE THE gently caress IS MICKEY!? scene.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

WHERE THE gently caress IS BUGS BUNNY

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

JOHN CENA posted:

the biggest loss we will all suffer to the Stone Ocean animation is there is likely not a chance that we get the infamous WHERE THE gently caress IS MICKEY!? scene.

They just need to make slight changes and it will be fine

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

Part of me hopes that they'll only refer to Mickey and Spider Man indirectly only because of how hilarious it would sound.

"You know, the famous mascot character! The one that's like a rodent, you know? Where the gently caress is he?!"

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Dragon’s Dream was one of the craziest fights I’ve seen yet. That whole sequence in the detention bloc was just amazing comic reading. Yo-Yo Ma meanwhile was kind of a wet fart.

That’s my current Stone Ocean manga update.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Right? Dragon's Dream owns. Not sure why everyone shits on it so bad.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Right? Dragon's Dream owns. Not sure why everyone shits on it so bad.
Because half the drat fight was taken up by characters having to explain what Feng Shui is to the audience.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

notably different from the 500 other times araki explains something

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

when they animate part six during the meteor stand fight (planet waves??) some of the meteors should be pieces of kars' corpse

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

I feel like Part 6 is also their best chance to fix the massively missed opportunity from all the way back in Parts 1/2: have the climactic fight be set to Roundabout.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

JOHN CENA posted:

when they animate part six during the meteor stand fight (planet waves??) some of the meteors should be pieces of kars' corpse

kars isn't dead

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Patware posted:

kars isn't dead

he's dead man

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

the part 7 corpse was kars all along

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

JOHN CENA posted:

he's dead man

Kars is incapable of dying and infamously had to 'stop thinking' to end his torment

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

where the gently caress is morky

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

JOHN CENA posted:

Mickey can be replaced

Funky Valentine posted:

Annasui: *reads Universal guidebook* Where the gently caress is Spinel?!

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Aurora posted:

notably different from the 500 other times araki explains something
I can't think of any other fight where it's that egregious.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

I find it interesting!

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

TheLoneStar posted:

I can't think of any other fight where it's that egregious.

That's true, but I think it works in context. The fact that the stand was pretty much manifesting the user's guilty conscious, and that the nonsense Feng Shui was only a reflection of that, was enough for me to go along with it.

Schwarzwald fucked around with this message at 05:02 on May 16, 2020

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

i had no idea what the gently caress rods were

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
Has anyone noticed there's this consistent pattern part 3 onwards where the villains of jojo's plans are about preserving the status quo or at least complacency?
In part 3: The fear of Dio will bring you joy, joining with him will bring you peace of mind. Part 4: Kira just wants a peaceful life, like a plant. Part 5 Diavolo already rules invisibly and he wants to be even more invisible. Part 6 despite the far reaching apocalyptic stands is all about people just being complacent with their fates. Part 7 is pretty much a supernatural version of American exceptionalism. Different than a lot of villains who are all about "upheavel" and "chaos"

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Feels like a really big stretch to me.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Julias posted:

Feels like a really big stretch to me.

I'd write a post agreeing with the other poster but now all I can think of is a goatse stand

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

I'd write a post agreeing with the other poster but now all I can think of is a goatse stand

This power I have, I've named it

「Supermassive Black Hole」

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Stand Master: Tehd Nougat? :v:

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

Schwarzwald posted:

Black holes can have accretion discs, not sure about wedding rings.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Schwarzwald posted:

「Butthole Surfers」

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

I wonder about the numbers behind characters suffering fatal injuries in this series only to be back to fighting shape moments later.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Everyone knows in JoJo the vampire's weakness is the brain but what less people are aware of is that the human's weakness is the heart, if you don't turn it into a gaping hole or at least bisect them through it their regeneration is going to kick right get them back to fighting strength in a couple of minutes

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Nothing still beats Joseph dying to the point where his spirit flies out and everything and then coming back for no real reason that makes the slightest sense.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
One of the ambulance drivers has a Stand where any medical nonsense works as long as he believes it, and Jotaro can bully people into believing a lot of things.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Darko posted:

Nothing still beats Joseph dying to the point where his spirit flies out and everything and then coming back for no real reason that makes the slightest sense.

It's part of why he's the best jojo

Also because upon coming back from the dead, his first instinct is to play a sick prank on his grandson

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

https://twitter.com/Merhos1/status/1260825398415224833