Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum

Burt Sexual posted:

Clippers were about the cost of two hair cuts. If she does well, fuckmwaiting in line and driving a half hour to get a cut. Here’s a ten spot girl, thanks for the trim (she’s young).

A friend of mine said he tried to get like a #2 or something with a front thing and a fade on the sides or whatever and it looks super hosed. My wife has an undercut or whatever and I just buzzed the undercut and left the rest alone, but I think I hosed up when I offered to take off the #1 or #2 shield thing or whatever it was, and make a horizontal line on the back of her neck. That just looked lovely. It didn't take long to grow and not look lovely though.

So whoever it was who said 'don't do anything fancy, use a #2 all over' was correct

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

redreader posted:

A friend of mine said he tried to get like a #2 or something with a front thing and a fade on the sides or whatever and it looks super hosed. My wife has an undercut or whatever and I just buzzed the undercut and left the rest alone, but I think I hosed up when I offered to take off the #1 or #2 shield thing or whatever it was, and make a horizontal line on the back of her neck. That just looked lovely. It didn't take long to grow and not look lovely though.

So whoever it was who said 'don't do anything fancy, use a #2 all over' was correct

I bought the clippers everyone else did, went #5 and then #4 sides. Not jazzed on having a buzz cut but gently caress it, it'll grow back. Feel very much like the bully in toy story.

e: i made it 12/27 - 5/7 without a haircut and then realizing it would more than likely be aug/sept before i could get a pro one i gave in to the covid self cut. i lost a lot of hair in about 10 minutes. everyone i showed said they expected it to be way more hosed up, so i guess that's a nice almost compliment sort of?

zer0spunk fucked around with this message at 05:11 on May 16, 2020

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
i started shaving my head with a razor years ago so I've been preparing for this pandemic for a while

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Everyone’s say #3 , #4. This German poo poo is in millimeters. 21 mm the max. I figured just shave the whole thing w that then go down half on the sides, then “blend” (the tricky part for the girl)

Braun Multi Grooming Kit MGK3980 Black/Blue – 9-in-1 Precision Trimmer for Beard and Hair ... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07JFJQH2K/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_tai_Kv2VEb...

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

Burt Sexual posted:

Everyone’s say #3 , #4. This German poo poo is in millimeters. 21 mm the max. I figured just shave the whole thing w that then go down half on the sides, then “blend” (the tricky part for the girl)

Braun Multi Grooming Kit MGK3980 Black/Blue – 9-in-1 Precision Trimmer for Beard and Hair ... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07JFJQH2K/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_tai_Kv2VEb...

i never buzz, so the best advice i got was start with the highest number you can and go shorter from there if you want. can't get the hair back if you start on a low number and hate it

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Burt Sexual posted:

quote:

Number 1 – one-eighth of an inch = 3.175mm
Number 2 – one-quarter of an inch = 6.35mm
Number 3 – three-eighths of an inch = 9.525mm
Number 4 – one-half of an inch = 12.7mm
Number 5 – five-eighths of an inch = 15.875mm
Number 6 – three-quarters of an inch = 19.05mm
Number 7 – seven-eighths of an inch = 22.225mm
Number 8 – one inch = 25.4mm

So 21mm would be #6.5 I guess? :shrug:

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

zer0spunk posted:

can't get the hair back if you start on a low number and hate it

The entire hair cutting industry is built on the fact that you can get the hair back.

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

The entire hair cutting industry is built on the fact that you can get the hair back.

*larry david enters chat*

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

I bet Big Sex Toy is rolling in piles of cash even more than usual.

My erotic sex shorts on amazon are selling more than usual, so I’m guessing yes. Thanks lonely housewives in the mid west! (And everywhere).

LionArcher fucked around with this message at 05:38 on May 16, 2020

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Thanks, yeah I normally do 1.5” on the top, but it’s a covid cut baby. All in.

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?
https://twitter.com/JWMason1/status/1261421763449090048

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Most buzzers I see are 3-6-9-12mm which is close enough to #1-2-3-4 for me, a person who hasnt been to the office for four months

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Someone posted this video about cutting hair a week ago, my wife handled it and honestly I'm not sure if I'll go back to getting it cut professionally unless it's a special occasion maybe.

Was hoping our 6th grader would take an interest, because let's be honest, after 2 months of "homeschooling" it's clear that a bachelor degree isn't in the cards for all students.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
My Covid cut is a small faux hawk into a luxurious curly mullet. No 3 on the sides.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
I've been doing the Peaky Blinders cut.

But not really.

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme
Nassim Nicholas Taleb (author of The Black Swan, Fooled By Randomness, etc.) has been ruthlessly gutting Ioannidis for a while now for his methodologies. Welp.

It's one thing for a study to be funded by some interest group; they frequently are, and it doesn't necessarily discredit the study (but you do need to be a lot more skeptical of results favoring the group, obvs). But every reputable journal requires you to disclose that poo poo for a reason.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liiVX55tJ7E

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I'm a woman with long hair so it's just longer. plaits are your friend.

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?
except Polish plaits

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1261373283536175104

So so so so fuuuuuuucked.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

realbez posted:

My Covid cut is a small faux hawk into a luxurious curly mullet. No 3 on the sides.

I could swear it just looks like number 2 all over.

💩💩💩

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

redreader posted:

A hair shaper will get it right.

I already had one and it’s easily the best tool for the job.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

So I just crawled out of my Obama bunker, I ran out of ravioli-os of all things heh. This thread looked like the best one to post in so here I am. Would it be a good time to invest in bitcoin?

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

BIG TIT LIL NIP posted:

So I just crawled out of my Obama bunker, I ran out of ravioli-os of all things heh. This thread looked like the best one to post in so here I am. Would it be a good time to invest in bitcoin?
weed stocks

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Agents are GO! posted:

I could swear it just looks like number 2 all over.

💩💩💩

Wow rude

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Colonel Cancer posted:

drat it, Big Dildo! Always muscling in on the market and forcing out all the competitors!

Big Dildo always finds a way in the end

lovely tuna snatch
Feb 10, 2010

Haircut whine in this thread and in general is hilarious. Just get a buzz cut if you're a dude and quit being a wuss.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
So we reached the stage now where people all run around outside and will soon proclaim "see it was all overblown, nothing dramaitc happened" as predicted in some posts here. They just don't see that what we did is why it is not as bad as could have been. And everywhere they start changing counting, reporting and testing rules, so even if there are flareups they won't get enough attention to scare people back into their homes.

I really want this poo poo to be over as much as anyone but it just isn't. So now it's going to be increasingly weird to others if you keep isolating as best as you can. Luckily a lot of our friends are just as sceptical as we are. But it sucks to try and be careful and having to see all these people outside not suffering any consequences of their behaviour as usual. Why does it always seem like the good people who care about others and not just themselves or money end up being "punished"?

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Hopper posted:

So we reached the stage now where people all run around outside and will soon proclaim "see it was all overblown, nothing dramaitc happened" as predicted in some posts here. They just don't see that what we did is why it is not as bad as could have been. And everywhere they start changing counting, reporting and testing rules, so even if there are flareups they won't get enough attention to scare people back into their homes.

I really want this poo poo to be over as much as anyone but it just isn't. So now it's going to be increasingly weird to others if you keep isolating as best as you can. Luckily a lot of our friends are just as sceptical as we are. But it sucks to try and be careful and having to see all these people outside not sufferii ng any consequences of their behaviour as usual. Why does it always seem like the good people who care about others and not just themselves or money end up being "punished"?

i mean there's going to direct consequences to them as their friends, themselves and their family start getting seriously ill.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

hemale in pain posted:

i mean there's going to direct consequences to them as their friends, themselves and their family start getting seriously ill.

They won't see it that way

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

https://www.npr.org/2020/05/15/857092718/trump-unveiling-space-force-flag-touts-what-he-calls-new-super-duper-missile

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1261362777517678593

Bleusilences
Jun 23, 2004

Be careful for what you wish for.

A literal child.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

Hell fuckin yes new Orleans is open for business baby. This bad boy can finally get a g**drat haircut. Lol @ everyone still in lock down, eat poo poo fuckers!

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Nice, with the Super Duper Missile Samus can finally open that door to Ridley's section of Norfair

schmug
May 20, 2007

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

quote:

Number 1 – one-eighth of an inch = 3.175mm
Number 2 – one-quarter of an inch = 6.35mm
Number 3 – three-eighths of an inch = 9.525mm
Number 4 – one-half of an inch = 12.7mm
Number 5 – five-eighths of an inch = 15.875mm
Number 6 – three-quarters of an inch = 19.05mm
Number 7 – seven-eighths of an inch = 22.225mm
Number 8 – one inch = 25.4mm

lmao I wish I would have known this before going with what I thought was my normal #4 not realizing 4mm doe not equal #4...guess I'm good for an extra couple weeks.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

BIG TIT LIL NIP posted:

Hell fuckin yes new Orleans is open for business baby. This bad boy can finally get a g**drat haircut. Lol @ everyone still in lock down, eat poo poo fuckers!

Imagine being a "rugged individual" who "bootstraps" themselves through any hardship... except hair follicles. Lol.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

Imagine being a "rugged individual" who "bootstraps" themselves through any hardship... except hair follicles. Lol.

The 5 hour wait at supercuts is nothing. I'll do anything to stop the hair dreams. I'll do anything. Please, no more hair... I can hear it. I can hear it growing, taunting me at all hours of the night. Can't you hear it. Don't you want a hair cut too?

Lieutenant Dan
Oct 27, 2009

Weedlord Bonerhitler
Hairdressers are open in my state but not the goddamn dentist. Let Barbers Pull Teeth Again

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Lieutenant Dan posted:

Hairdressers are open in my state but not the goddamn dentist. Let Barbers Pull Teeth Again

Just tie a string around the tooth, tie the other end to a door knob, and slam the door

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Indy
Mar 30, 2005

Hey guys, what's up?

My super duper missile can fly faster than your super missile. It also have a super duper shield... and ice cream.