Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!
Was Wash floating hospital patients on beds out of the hospital using bubbles? That could be pretty helpful for escaping the disintegration wave.

Caleb posted this week's trivia:

https://twitter.com/CDCubed/status/1264604779432427520?s=19

Solanumai fucked around with this message at 18:13 on May 24, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

X-Less really dropped the ball here.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
He had literally one job.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Didn't notice it until Caleb pointed it out but Plus Ultra Shigaraki's decay looks different with tech lines

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

https://twitter.com/CDCubed/status/1264604793709817857

Oh god

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

He had literally one job.

It was only last chapter that Dabi was taunting Tokoyami about Hawks doing his job!

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Tbh with a name like X-Less he was setup for failure.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I'm glad Burnin' is back, I like her.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
They needed a Hawks at hospital someone willing to snap the neck of a corpse or slice it with no hesitation.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Wonder if that machine the X-Less wanted to go check out made it out okay. It must be important based on his expert intuition.

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010

JackDarko posted:

They needed a Hawks at hospital someone willing to snap the neck of a corpse or slice it with no hesitation.

They had one. She was too injured at the moment.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

I'm guessing that X-Less barely had any time to do anything before Shigaraki woke up. Probably a few seconds from him kneeling down by the body to seeing the machine he wanted to destroy to Everything Decays Now

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
So the shoe did finally drop huh. It's pretty safe to assume that every single hero participating in the hospital raid that we explicitly didn't see get away or block the decay wave is dust now. That's actually pretty solid massacre and it's not even over yet, considering Gigantomachia is active now and Shigaraki will probably attack the heroes and students evacuating civilians in the town. Looks like future Deku wasn't being Drama Queen for once.

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747
Hoping for the traitor to reveal themselves and/or iida to heel turn before society collapses, at least a stain appearance

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Why Iida?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Because it’s the only way he’ll ever be relevant again

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
Failing to save that man's manuscript will be Iida's one bad day.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

The same could be said for just about everyone.

I was just wondering if traitor Iida was the new hot theory, since prevailing opinion changes on that every few months or so.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Aren't there heroes all over the world? Even if this is a wipe heroes wouldn't be gone.

Hypocrisy fucked around with this message at 23:35 on May 24, 2020

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Hypocrisy posted:

Aren't there heroes all over the world? Even if this is a wipe heroes wouldn't be gone.

We know at least America also has heroes, yes.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Touching on a different part of the chapter, how badly do y’all think OFA 45% is going to gently caress up Deku? I think he’s gonna be a bit worse than where he was when he used 20% before, because jobbing himself right at the critical moment wouldn’t make for a great story, but he can’t win right now, either.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

PMush Perfect posted:

Touching on a different part of the chapter, how badly do y’all think OFA 45% is going to gently caress up Deku? I think he’s gonna be about a bit worse than where he was when he used 20% before, because jobbing himself right at the critical moment wouldn’t make for a great story, but he can’t win right now, either.

I dont think it will and we're probably just getting a check in with how he's trained himself up. 45% might be his current peak, or one he just goes into for brief attacks

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Hypocrisy posted:

Yeah, but who knows if other countries would be willing to send their heroes to Japan.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

America's heroes are too busy fighting Galactus and Europe's heroes are too busy fighting Doctor Doom to come help.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
It's also just using his legs, which can withstand more. His whole thing with Endeavor was learning to compartmentalize using different percentages on different individual parts of his body.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
I sure hope Thirteen was just absorbing the destruction energy. I mean, her whole body is a black hole, right?

... Yeah, I know.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

I always figured that every country basically has hero and villain drama on the scale of All For One vs. One For All going on, and that as quirk power accelerates, the effort it takes for each society to keep their own quirk users in check becomes greater and greater. Other countries aren't going to go bail out Japan if it teeters into supervillain anarchy because there's already a couple dozen nations around the world that are ruled by tyrants with powerful quirks, and everyone else is just trying to hold themselves together.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Rhonne posted:

Yeah, but who knows if other countries would be willing to send their heroes to Japan.

I know in my heart that Captain Celebrity would come back.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Dolash posted:

I always figured that every country basically has hero and villain drama on the scale of All For One vs. One For All going on, and that as quirk power accelerates, the effort it takes for each society to keep their own quirk users in check becomes greater and greater. Other countries aren't going to go bail out Japan if it teeters into supervillain anarchy because there's already a couple dozen nations around the world that are ruled by tyrants with powerful quirks, and everyone else is just trying to hold themselves together.

I could see them doing it if they think there's a chance that the problems there would start affecting their countries, but at that point we're talking military intervention(and what the hell does military intervention look like in the age of quirks?).

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Rhonne posted:

I could see them doing it if they think there's a chance that the problems there would start affecting their countries, but at that point we're talking military intervention(and what the hell does military intervention look like in the age of quirks?).

Let's cut to the chase here: at what point will deku have to kick away a nuke

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

rannum posted:

The ending of the manga is Deku and Shiggy teaming up to save Japan from being nuked off the face of the Earth by some other country/organization.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

One thing that has stuck with me from this series is saying "I'm here" instead whenever someone I know is having a problem

instead of saying something really dumb like "Are you okay?" when the answer is obvious

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

rannum posted:

It'll be the ending of Kingdom Come where Izuku sacrifices himself to kick a nuke into the upper atmosphere.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

galenanorth posted:

One thing that has stuck with me from this series is saying "I'm here" instead whenever someone I know is having a problem

instead of saying something really dumb like "Are you okay?" when the answer is obvious
That’s a good idea. :hmmyes:

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!

rannum posted:

I dont think it will and we're probably just getting a check in with how he's trained himself up. 45% might be his current peak, or one he just goes into for brief attacks

I took it as it being a symbolic sorta indication that we’re at a halfway point for the series, so naturally Midoriya has reached halfway perfection of OfA.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I wonder if Midoriya will learn Nana's float to save his own rear end here.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Fabricated posted:

I wonder if Midoriya will learn Nana's float to save his own rear end here.

Oh definitely, we learned about the power just before this whole thing started, he's up against a quirk that dusts anything touching the ground, and it's Shigaraki's grandmother's quirk. It would be more shocking if it didn't come into play here.

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe
I've been wondering about this since the manga first introduced the big bad. How do you make a fight out of his quirk? All Might and All For One were at least able to trade blows. Now he doesn't even have to touch you? I hope one of the One for All previous had some kind of anti-decay.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.
One of the quirks is just Crazy Diamond

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747
Overhaul vs deku but actually good