Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

not really enthralled by a scratchmen apoo fight. also his name should be scratchman like i think it is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

oddium posted:

not really enthralled by a scratchmen apoo fight. also his name should be scratchman like i think it is

What the gently caress it's not Scratchman?

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick
Big ups to both Apoo and Kidd for showing off their powers 12 years ago and then finally coming back and doing the exact same thing with them.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
His power does seem to fall more in the beatbox category rather than the scratching category. Even if he does like to use turntables.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Ryaomon posted:

Big ups to both Apoo and Kidd for showing off their powers 12 years ago and then finally coming back and doing the exact same thing with them.
I mean, I think that's the point. They did this poo poo 12 years ago. We think about it all the time and remember it all vividly, but Apoo especially kind of needs to be reintroduced at this point with his crazy powers.

If that's the end of Apoo, I'll be unimpressed as well, but for now I trust that this is a familiar opening salvo in an actual fight that will happen.

It's kind of too bad that it looks like it'll be Kidd's fight though. It would have been fun to see Luffy or Zoro (or Brook) figuring out his sound powers. Kidd probably knows a bit about how they work already.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

In fairness Apoo's power 12 years ago is to this day the only time someone has gotten anything resembling a hit on Kizaru, makes sense to break it out on people who aren't made of photons.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Its all good if I can get Urouge striking that warm inviting smile again as well

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ancwu_9KFTk

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

This used to be in the OP (Original Post) but it isn't any more and I think it should be in the OP (Original Post / One Piece)

Baron La Croix
Nov 2, 2010

rastah farah
sonnah maddah fah
Urouge is the only character in One Piece who canonically likes to gently caress, per SBS

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Baron La Croix posted:

Urouge is the only character in One Piece who canonically likes to gently caress, per SBS

Oh come on, you can't say that and not give a source.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

Oh come on, you can't say that and not give a source.

SBS Volume 82 posted:

D: Oda-sensei! I know this is quite sudden, but please reveal the hobbies of the members of "The Worst Generation"! P.N. K.S.9

O:

Luffy: Adventures and Banquets
Zoro: Training and Drinking
Law: Wandering around and Collecting commemorative coins
Kid: Listening to music and Collecting weapons
Apoo: DJing and Surfing
Bege: Viewing paintings and Boardgames
Hawkins: Interior design and Bathing
Drake: Being a reptile maniac and study of Astrophysics
Bonney: Eating and Jenga
Killer: Drums and Cooking
Urouge: Drinking, Lovemaking and Traveling
Blackbeard: Gambling and Historical research
...Yeah, something like that.

Incidentally, "Historical research" for Blackbeard has prompted a lot of speculation...

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I'm more intrigued by "bathing".

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Baths are nice every once in a while.

After years of only showering, I used the bath while visiting Japan and it was very relaxing to just sit there in warm waters.

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

God damn it, where are my ant keys?! I'm gonna miss my flight!
Yeah, guy likes to have a soak with a bath bomb and a glass of red wine at the end of the day. I bet he’d love going on a trip to Bed,Bath & Beyond.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Plus, not all ships are super accomodating like the Sunny Go, so presumably you can't even get a decent shower in some boats. Which would make the prospect of a nice bath all the more appealing after a voyage, especially if not everyone washes daily. Pretty sure only Nami, Robin, and Chopper (and maybe Sanji?) wash daily among the Straw Hats.

EDIT: Oh, Chopper is only once every three days, and the daily washers are Nami, Robin, and Sanji.

Thought Chopper would have bathed daily given his status as a doctor.

SECOND EDIT: On the other hand, Chopper was originally an animal, so maybe constant bathing isn't good for his fur and whatnot.

ZepiaEltnamOberon fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Jun 1, 2020

Strelok604
Apr 26, 2020

Does chopper have someone else shampoo all his fur for him too?

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
Probably Nami or Robin. I think he's been shown bathing with them a once or twice.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Silver2195 posted:

Incidentally, "Historical research" for Blackbeard has prompted a lot of speculation...

Can't wait for Drake to pull out weird astrophysics knowledge this arc and save the day

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747
Drakes gonna create a artificial moon for all the minks

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
In the meantime I have achieved one of my goals and convinced some friends of mine who are behind on One Piece (and one of whom has never read it) to start a One Piece Book Club to catch up to it. I am very excited.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Plus, not all ships are super accomodating like the Sunny Go, so presumably you can't even get a decent shower in some boats. Which would make the prospect of a nice bath all the more appealing after a voyage, especially if not everyone washes daily. Pretty sure only Nami, Robin, and Chopper (and maybe Sanji?) wash daily among the Straw Hats.

EDIT: Oh, Chopper is only once every three days, and the daily washers are Nami, Robin, and Sanji.

Thought Chopper would have bathed daily given his status as a doctor.

SECOND EDIT: On the other hand, Chopper was originally an animal, so maybe constant bathing isn't good for his fur and whatnot.

Any time chopper has gotten to do some doctoring it’s implied he’s scrubbed up as best he can.

Strelok604
Apr 26, 2020

Nami and Robin let him bathe with them, because he has no attraction to humans (being a reindeer), so it's not like he cares about peeping, iirc. I don't remember where I read that, though

Strelok604 fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Jun 1, 2020

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747
I always assumed it was cause he was like 12 years old (the momo advantage) but that makes sense

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
I feel like he outright says he doesn't care about human women at some point, but I also can't remember when that was.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Professorjuggalo posted:

Drakes gonna create a artificial moon for all the minks

Drake turns out to be a mediocre fighter but a brilliant scientist.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
I was trying to look up where Chopper said it and found a picture of Zoro scrubbing Chopper when they were in the royal baths, so it's probably a duty the whole crew shares.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Viridiant posted:

I feel like he outright says he doesn't care about human women at some point, but I also can't remember when that was.

i wanna say it was during thriller bark when he and usopp are keeping guard outside of the bathroom where nami is bathing

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Funky Valentine posted:

Drake turns out to be a mediocre fighter but a brilliant scientist.

Drake actually stands for Dr. Ake

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
diez d. rake

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

rannum posted:

Drake actually stands for Dr. Ake

"Red Flag" X D. Rake

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011

oddium posted:

I agree.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
I love the idea of Gang Bege playing board games with his mafia crew. I don't know why this mental image is so funny to me but it really really is.

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

Gangster Gastino keeps cheating at Catan

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

HerraS posted:

Gangster Gastino keeps cheating at Catan

Collect wheat or face defeat, Gastino has his priorities straight.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Strelok604 posted:

Nami and Robin let him bathe with them, because he has no attraction to humans (being a reindeer), so it's not like he cares about peeping, iirc. I don't remember where I read that, though

There's a scene in the manga where Chopper is bathing with Nami and Robin and then Nami electrifies Sanji for trynna peep I think.

Chopper originally thinks her thundercloud is like cotton candy.

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!

gnome7 posted:

I love the idea of Gang Bege playing board games with his mafia crew. I don't know why this mental image is so funny to me but it really really is.

It's even funnier if you imagine he's terrible at them, but just enjoys playing and is a good sport about always losing.

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

God damn it, where are my ant keys?! I'm gonna miss my flight!
I would love to see a “five years from now” sketch of Bege teaching Pez the finer points of playing Chutes and Ladders.

Strelok604
Apr 26, 2020

His underlings always let him win because they're afraid but what he really wants is a challenge

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

"So, uh, I guess that makes the Boss the werewolf -"

*Bege shoots him*