Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Maybe over Gottrek and Felix stuff, hard to imagine writing them in AoS would have been fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigShasta
Oct 28, 2010
Gotrek and Felix were my introduction to Warhammer fiction. That book where they head into the chaos wastes really roped me into the lore.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Relevant Tangent posted:

Maybe over Gottrek and Felix stuff, hard to imagine writing them in AoS would have been fun.

I dunno, it was David Guymer who did the book that introduced Gotrek to the Mortal Realms and the Darius Hinks doing the second book. Not sure if Reynolds was attached to him at any point.
Doubt we'll ever get to know the real reasons.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

abrosheen posted:

Gotrek and Felix were my introduction to Warhammer fiction. That book where they head into the chaos wastes really roped me into the lore.
They were pretty much everyone's introduction to it. I think the first portion of what became Trollslayer was initially the first short story in the first ever anthology of fiction. It was definitely in there anyway,

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Since the Gathering Storm event has the Imperium somewhat reneged on their "shoot on sight" order for Eldar? Or with the Eldar bringing their death god back into existence has their temporary truce with the Imperium broken down again?

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Arcsquad12 posted:

Since the Gathering Storm event has the Imperium somewhat reneged on their "shoot on sight" order for Eldar? Or with the Eldar bringing their death god back into existence has their temporary truce with the Imperium broken down again?

It's the Imperium. There's nothing that everyone hears, and general orders from Terra get countermanded or ignored by sector and sub-sector commanders all the time, often because the orders themselves are long out of date by the time they arrive. To say nothing of the fact that maybe Ulthwe Craftworld is working with Bobby and the Blues over by Macragge, but Saim-Hann are calling blood feud against the Smurfs on Vigilus. Add to that the fact that some places don't know (or care) that there's a distinction between Dark Eldar and regular Eldar, so after the pointy eared freaks skinned our planet's governor on live TV, the next batch of pointy eared freaks who show up eat a lasgun to the face when we see them, and no one cares if they're less spiky than the first batch.

So...no, not really. Local commanders will do as they see fit, and that usually means "if it's an alien, shoot it." And the thing is, 99% of the time, they're absolutely right to do so. :shrug:

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

jng2058 posted:

It's the Imperium. There's nothing that everyone hears, and general orders from Terra get countermanded or ignored by sector and sub-sector commanders all the time, often because the orders themselves are long out of date by the time they arrive. To say nothing of the fact that maybe Ulthwe Craftworld is working with Bobby and the Blues over by Macragge, but Saim-Hann are calling blood feud against the Smurfs on Vigilus. Add to that the fact that some places don't know (or care) that there's a distinction between Dark Eldar and regular Eldar, so after the pointy eared freaks skinned our planet's governor on live TV, the next batch of pointy eared freaks who show up eat a lasgun to the face when we see them, and no one cares if they're less spiky than the first batch.

So...no, not really. Local commanders will do as they see fit, and that usually means "if it's an alien, shoot it." And the thing is, 99% of the time, they're absolutely right to do so. :shrug:

pretty much. its a very loose alliance with some factions of the eldar and parts of the imperium.

also thanks for the forges of mars recomend. its good poo poo.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Nothing duller than listening to lists of sword cuts Gregor is making. More Grimdark Orient Express, plz!

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Actually, a Xenology-style “Trains and Mass Transit Systems of The Imperium Of Man” would be v.much appreciated!

E: We could finally determine whether or not teh Heresy Train has brakes.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface
Anybody know if anything actually ever happend with that Marvel artist literally using Tau vehicles, emblem and all, in the comics.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Telsa Cola posted:

Anybody know if anything actually ever happend with that Marvel artist literally using Tau vehicles, emblem and all, in the comics.

The who used what and what now?

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

MariusLecter posted:

The who used what and what now?

They also did it in another comic.

Foxtrot_13
Oct 31, 2013
Ask me about my love of genocide denial!
Considering Marvel is currently working with GW I am guessing this got dealt with a "no harm no foul here is some cash for a retroactive license".

Galvanik
Feb 28, 2013

They are? Like for a comic series or something?

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Telsa Cola posted:

They also did it in another comic.

If you're wondering why the doors are very small, it's because they didn't get rescaled when the artist enlarged the models he ripped from Dawn of War.

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?
Also lol at the puny drones

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Telsa Cola posted:

Probably the same that happened to the artist who ripped off Macross/Battletech.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

Foxtrot_13 posted:

Considering Marvel is currently working with GW I am guessing this got dealt with a "no harm no foul here is some cash for a retroactive license".

This happened 4ish years ago which I think was before they started working together?

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Galvanik posted:

They are? Like for a comic series or something?

Yep.

Foxtrot_13
Oct 31, 2013
Ask me about my love of genocide denial!

Telsa Cola posted:

This happened 4ish years ago which I think was before they started working together?

The announcement of Marvel and GW working together was almost a year ago and nothing has come from it yet so the working agreement has the smell of a backroom "we dun hosed up so take some of our money". I can't be sure but GW has been very sharp with their IP

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

I just want a 40k game set to Carpenter Brut.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

SardonicTyrant posted:

I just want a 40k game set to Carpenter Brut.

Would definitely be a Necromunda game.

Modulo16
Feb 12, 2014

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."

I finished Storm of Iron last week. I was very impressed, and I've started the Night Lords Omnibus, which is starting out very strong. Are the other Iron Warriors novels worth it, or should I read Pariah after I finish Night Lords, I've already read Eisenhorn and Ravenor.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

My dream 40K game is a AAA first person shooter based on Necropolis, but it'd be more like Crysis than Call of Duty, due to the size of the hive city. Huge setpiece battles on the walls, you can have tanks because everything is so big, stealth mechanics probably. Can you see it?? In my mind it's glorious

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Biplane posted:

My dream 40K game is a AAA first person shooter based on Necropolis, but it'd be more like Crysis than Call of Duty, due to the size of the hive city. Huge setpiece battles on the walls, you can have tanks because everything is so big, stealth mechanics probably. Can you see it?? In my mind it's glorious
You could have some weird archeotech suit of armor that works like the nanosuit. Oh, and grappling hooks. Everything needs more grappling hooks.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

SardonicTyrant posted:

You could have some weird archeotech suit of armor that works like the nanosuit. Oh, and grappling hooks. Everything needs more grappling hooks.

These exist in canon already as Spiresuits or something similar

Basically noble hivers get custom made power armor with a bunch of neat poo poo in it and go downhive to murder people.

Edit: These https://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Spyrer

Telsa Cola fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Jun 7, 2020

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Biplane posted:

You could maybe do a Titanfall type thing as a Crisis Suit pilot. Maybe it could be a sequel to Fire Warrior.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Give a new 40k game the budget DoW3 had and then make it good this time

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

SardonicTyrant posted:

Main character should be a skitarii. Opens up a whole lot of cool possibilities about pretty much everything.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
TITANICUS. TITAN COMBAT SIM.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

MariusLecter posted:

TITANICUS. TITAN COMBAT SIM.

That would be Adeptus Titanics: Dominus.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/853140/Adeptus_Titanicus_Dominus/

It's Early Access and boy howdy, are the maps ugly. But it is a good Titans wargame. Scenarios range from maniples up to a full Legio.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
Baneblade VR game. Entire game takes place inside a Baneblade as you move between crew stations to keep it trundling through the hellwar.

e: Maybe add some RPG elements with crew interactions on top

Slashrat fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Jun 7, 2020

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

Dishonored-esque game where you're an assassin of the Callidus Temple.

Galvanik
Feb 28, 2013

A stealth based game where you play as Sly Marbo and have to fight or sneak your way to a chaos pow camp, only to have the Inquisitor in charge leave you to die because you were never meant to find the prisoners.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
I just want Space Marine 2

Angry Lobster fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Jun 7, 2020

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009
Satisfactory reskin where you are an explorator magos building the foundations of your new forgeworld

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Same. Give Titus his own Primaris Chapter, dammit!

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Custodes sim where it's just a Platinum action game.

X-com game where you play an Inquisitor warband. Instead of money you have requisition points, and you can spend more requisition than you have, but it makes the game harder because you're taking resources from other Imperial forces.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

SardonicTyrant posted:

Custodes sim where it's just a Platinum action game.

Warhammer 40k Eversor Gear Rising Revengeance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Gacha game where you can pay hundreds to thousands of dollars for a chance at a digital version of your favorite 40k personality. And I dunno, make a team where Celestine, Abaddon and Smeggy "The Glider" Marshjuice* mow through dozens of low rendered tyranids to get you a measly bit of currency to upgrade your gear with.

*I had to google for a named snotling, blood bowl had me covered with three of them. Trashcar Daggerplague is pretty cool too.