Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009

Xelkelvos posted:

So who's his ability gonna end up backfiring on? Obvious bet is Iruma, but it might be someone else

Clara.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Someone will pull out a mirror at the last second and he will traumatize HIMSELF!!!

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Clara definitely has trauma from before she met Iruma and was effectively a pet and a go-fer for others. Maybe her teammate might not have any. Alternatively, their training might help them break the illusion

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...
Ha ha, you thought we were going to have a extended arc to solve the mystery of the the legendary plant riddle? Sike Iruma casually solves it in three pages.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
He meets Clara and, although he succeeds in getting her kicked out the competition, he also gets crushed by vending machines and spends the rest of the year in hospital.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Elfface posted:

He meets Clara and, although he succeeds in getting her kicked out the competition, he also gets crushed by vending machines and spends the rest of the year his life in hospital.

Buzzsaw Roomba
Feb 14, 2012

Christ, what an asshole.
Chapter 120

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
A new way to beat a sphinx.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
KYUUUUUUN

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Strong Devilman vibes from the Sphinx's design

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
https://mangadex.org/chapter/931979

https://mangadex.org/chapter/931981

It's a double update!

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I'm glad they released those together :unsmith:

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
They gotta catch up to the series somehow.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I genuinely hate orobos as a character

someone who purposely weaponizes PTSD to manipulate or mentally break people should die

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

I genuinely hate orobos as a character

someone who purposely weaponizes PTSD to manipulate or mentally break people should die

I expect he'll get a proper comeuppance once the festival is over

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I just realized Orobas does have the classic version's horse legs and tail.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Goetia Orobas was pretty chill for a demon though.

Buzzsaw Roomba
Feb 14, 2012

Christ, what an asshole.
Chapter 124

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

I'm glad Iruma's stalker learned some tricks from her stalking.

Buzzsaw Roomba
Feb 14, 2012

Christ, what an asshole.
Chapter 125

Buzzsaw Roomba
Feb 14, 2012

Christ, what an asshole.
Chapter 126

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

I had forgotten that Iruma could do that.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Over the past ~24 hours, I decided to catch up to this (up to 126 from roughly where the anime got to - the translations got a bit shaky for a while and I kind of dropped off), I regret nothing.

What's with SSSSS on mangadex? They seem to have translated a random scattershot of chapters...

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
It's a remarkably high-effort form of trolling.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Sindai posted:

It's a remarkably high-effort form of trolling.

Kirio is this manga's most realistic character.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
In which everyone tries to get Lied killed

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Also, in which Iruma has zero sense of danger and contributes to the above.

Buzzsaw Roomba
Feb 14, 2012

Christ, what an asshole.
Chapter 128

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I gotta say, the buildup for this dude being the antagonist of the arc has been real good, I really, really hate him because his power is to make you suffer through or relive the thing that would mentally or emotionally hurt you the most. And he's not been given any indication that he's like, been given a particularly cruel ability and regrets using it or anything, no, he's actively uncaring and flippant about the pain he's causing others and is explicitly malicious towards the abnormal class, he rules lawyers the competition through his powers and honestly just looks like a particularly buff dork, visually. just an absolute bastard, but not bombastic about it, since the moment he was introduced.

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 12:52 on Jul 9, 2020

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I tried reading a chapter and while it was cute, I remember the translation I read being rather literal which sucked the life out of the jokes. Does it get picked up by anyone decent?

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Unlucky7 posted:

I tried reading a chapter and while it was cute, I remember the translation I read being rather literal which sucked the life out of the jokes. Does it get picked up by anyone decent?

Its been passed around by many many groups, especially around the time the anime started and people kept sniping each other. So, its a grab bag.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
You could alternatively watch the anime and then jump into the manga after when the translations are likely better

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Captain Invictus posted:

You could alternatively watch the anime and then jump into the manga after when the translations are likely better

Eh, the translations currently on mangadex translations get bad around where the anime ends, and stay that way for a while.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
New Chapter, time for infighting.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

:worship: slay queen slay :worship:

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
The Misfit's Great War

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
https://mangadex.org/chapter/963378/1

Motherfucker has no idea of the power he's about to face.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
They're gonna find him traumatized himself from the demonic levels of wholesome he has stumbled upon.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
What if he likes Clara and he's too embarrassed to use his power on her

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Clara definitely has personal demons and anxieties that Iruma helped push away, but she's definitely gonna see him push her away and we'll see some sort of pseudo Clara/Iruma fight when he does find her.