Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Rhonne posted:

Due to everyone else being dead or injured, the next #1 hero will be...Eraserhead!?

Eraserhead having to step up and become the Big Good would be amazing, actually.

Especially given that he's the one guy Shigaraki still really would not want to brawl with

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

As if anyone is going to want to be in the top ten when society goes to poo poo. At this rate the corpse of Compass Kid is going to be a contender.

Level Seven
Feb 14, 2013

Wubba dubba dubba
that blew.

Megamarm

TheKingofSprings posted:

Eraserhead having to step up and become the Big Good would be amazing, actually.

Especially given that he's the one guy Shigaraki still really would not want to brawl with

Watch as Shigaraki remembers which elbow of Aizawa's he started to melt back at the USJ and starts taking potshots at it.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

As if anyone is going to want to be in the top ten when society goes to poo poo. At this rate the corpse of Compass Kid is going to be a contender.

Shiggy's Severed Fingers for spots 3 & 4

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Vinylshadow posted:

Shiggy's Severed Fingers for spots 3 & 4

Deku's Shoe has to step up to the plate

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

rannum posted:

Deku's Shoe has to step up to the plate

Funnily enough I saw a post on tumblr talking about all the ways in which Deku and Shigaraki are narrative foils the other day, and easily the most important one was that they wear the exact same colored shoes. In fact Shigi basically just has the shoe version of Deku's boots.

So why aren't Tomura's shoes getting any of the spotlight, huh? This is exactly the reason Hero Society must fall.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

Shiggy is all about them Hands

Deku tried hands and destroyed himself, then swapped to Feet

Thus they shall never align

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Zomborgon posted:

Shiggy is all about them Hands

Deku tried hands and destroyed himself, then swapped to Feet

Thus they shall never align

Deku didn't destroy his hands, it was the Curse of the Shoto.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Deku didn't destroy his hands, it was the Curse of the Shoto.

I can't believe it was spoiled so early on that Shoto will be the one to defeat Shigaraki.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Was Eraserhead able to stop all the quirks in a High-end at once?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Deku's shoes will save the day

Thoren
May 28, 2008
I'm hoping Endeavor dies. I like him but it would make the story interesting, especially with how he's just beginning to reconcile with his family. Do it Horikoshi. Crush your fans hearts into dust.

A Single Sphink
Feb 10, 2004

COMICS CRIMINAL

Thoren posted:

I'm hoping Endeavor dies. I like him but it would make the story interesting, especially with how he's just beginning to reconcile with his family. Do it Horikoshi. Crush your fans hearts into dust.

You're acting like this isn't the fanbase that tried cancelling Horikoshi because he started the attempt at redemption for Endeavour.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

A Single Sphink posted:

You're acting like this isn't the fanbase that tried cancelling Horikoshi because he started the attempt at redemption for Endeavour.

*a part of the fanbase

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I hope Endeavor doesn't die because he's the most interesting character in the Todoroki plot and neither Shoto nor Dabi have enough to them to carry it.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Was Eraserhead able to stop all the quirks in a High-end at once?

Yes, he was able to lock down two of them when he and the other heroes arrived in the basement. It was only because the third one managed to get out of eyesight and counterattack that they were able to fight back at all.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I hope Endeavor doesn't die but there's no way he's coming away from a 1v1 with Shigaraki unscathed

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
About that.

Spoilers: Aizawa death-flags incredibly hard. I am right now betting the following: Kurogiri wakes up and saves everyone, or exfiltrates Shigaraki before Aizawa or someone important dies.

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

Should you find yourself here one day... In accordance with your crimes, you can rest assured I will give you the treatment you deserve.

Fabricated posted:

Spoilers: Aizawa death-flags incredibly hard. I am right now betting the following: Kurogiri wakes up and saves everyone, or exfiltrates Shigaraki before Aizawa or someone important dies.

:cry: :negative: :cry:

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
poo poo's going down

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
That callback at the end made me smile. Though, yeah, this looks bad.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
I'm surprised Hori drew the hero and his rival crumbling to dust even though it was only a vision of what could have been.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
The texture replacement on that scan is atrocious.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

NEW VIGILANTES!

Endeavor is..."helping".

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Alright so between Eraserhead, Gran Torino and Endeavor, who's winning that death roulette

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

TheKingofSprings posted:

Alright so between Eraserhead, Gran Torino and Endeavor, who's winning that death roulette

My main man #1 hero of my heart, Crust, did not die so Eraserhead could then die a couple minutes later.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Compass Kid's power is even dumber than I could have imagined. I love him

Edit: I forgot that this is before Endeavor grew any sense of morality and chilled out even a sliver.

Green Intern fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Jun 12, 2020

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

TheKingofSprings posted:

Gran Torino, hands down.

Green Intern posted:

Compass Kid's power is even dumber than I could have imagined. I love him

Edit: I forgot that this is before Endeavor grew any sense of morality and chilled out even a sliver.

Vigilantes spoilers: Compress Kid is such a dork, I love him.

It's funny seeing how different Endeavor is between the main series and how he is in this Vigilantes arc. Really shows how far he's come.

Big L
Oct 30, 2005

Fedora Emelianenko

rannum posted:

My main man #1 hero of my heart, Crust, did not die so Eraserhead could then die a couple minutes later.

This. Also, who would take care of Eri / keep her power in check?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Big L posted:

This. Also, who would take care of Eri / keep her power in check?

The most responsible and level-headed member of 1-A of course. Bakugo.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yeah, Aizawa should be making it out of this alive, given the big deal of Crust saving him and stuff, among other things. Gran Torino and Endeavor, on the other hand, are both potential deaths, Gran Torino moreso than Endeavor, I think; he doesn't have an ongoing plot like Endeavor and shows up a lot less.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I think Aizawa is going to have Shigaraki on the ropes, only for Gigantomachia and the rest of the army to arrive and make the save.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Gran Torino fought against All for One (twice!) and Gigantomachia. And lived. He is definitely pushing his luck survival-wise.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Did Ryuko get dusted? It looked like Shigaraki put his entire hand on her tail

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Rhonne posted:

I think Aizawa is going to have Shigaraki on the ropes, only for Gigantomachia and the rest of the army to arrive and make the save.

Yeah this seems likely. His weakness has always been morph types, anyway.

serious gaylord posted:

Did Ryuko get dusted? It looked like Shigaraki put his entire hand on her tail

No, at the last moment Eraser looks at Shigaraki and Decay gets canceled. Ryukyu then flings Shigaraki into the air.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

SKULL.GIF posted:

Yeah this seems likely. His weakness has always been morph types, anyway.

No, at the last moment Eraser looks at Shigaraki and Decay gets canceled. Ryukyu then flings Shigaraki into the air.

Shigaraki even says the same thing as during their first encounter when that happened.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

My long bet: Aizawa makes it out in one piece, Endeavor survives but has his quirk stolen, Gran Torino dies

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Rhonne posted:

NEW VIGILANTES!

Endeavor is..."helping".

Compass Kid is so good!

It's interesting to see how Endeavor's way more ruthless and hardcore way back then. This was the guy that really scared Inasa with his cold eyes. Also, hell yeah, more Burnin'! The Vigilantes writer really knows what the fans want.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Aizawa still has too much of an arc left I think to die- which is why I'm guessing he lives. Kurogiri is still in play, Mic isn't there, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

My long bet: Aizawa makes it out in one piece, Endeavor survives but has his quirk stolen, Gran Torino dies

How does all for one work? Do you just touch someone and you get their quirk?