Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
RIP horny ghost manga that wasn't Bleach.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

RIP horny ghost manga that wasn't Bleach.

Black Torch wasn't that horny but it was definitely trying to be bleach.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Oh that finished as well?

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Speaking of ghosts, Shaman King is getting it's brotherhood treatment after a decade and some has passed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyzqCA8aVSo
I'm actually excited to see this coming back, but also not looking forward to a proper adaptation of the back quarter of the series.

ConanThe3rd posted:

Oh that finished as well?

Yeah, the mangaka is currently working on Heart Gear now which is a sci-fi deal.

Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

I told you that story so I could tell you this one...

Brought To You By posted:

Speaking of ghosts, Shaman King is getting it's brotherhood treatment after a decade and some has passed.
I'm actually excited to see this coming back, but also not looking forward to a proper adaptation of the back quarter of the series.

Yeah, the mangaka is currently working on Heart Gear now which is a sci-fi deal.

Do this to Magi, you loving cowards.
And give us the Snyder Ohtaka cut this time.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
Fairy Tail in space also gets an anime.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

:tviv:

Huh, intresting. That's a good little comic too. Not something I'd blow the barn doors down but a compitent bit of sequential art.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Heartgear is on a break though. :( Health problems.

Mulderman posted:

Fairy Tail in space also gets an anime.

Oh nice. I'm enjoying Space Tale a lot, but I do hope they go back to just being a stupid space adventure again soon.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Baring any massive left field swipes, we're probably in the home stretch of this arc.
I think Hiro's aproach of "Have the big points ploted out like Rave and then play fast and loose in between them like FT" has paid off in terms of pacing.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

Beefstew posted:

Do this to Magi Rave Master, you loving cowards.
And give us the Snyder Ohtaka Mashima cut this time.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
I would kill to have another adaptation of Flame of Recca.

Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

I told you that story so I could tell you this one...

No reason we can't have both!
I'm not familiar with Rave Master, but I was referring to the fact that there was some mad sus stuff happening behind the scenes with Magi and Shonen Sunday, and it's generally accepted among the fans that the ending we got is only a fraction of what was originally planned.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

ConanThe3rd posted:

Baring any massive left field swipes, we're probably in the home stretch of this arc.
I think Hiro's aproach of "Have the big points ploted out like Rave and then play fast and loose in between them like FT" has paid off in terms of pacing.

Drakken Joe has also been a pretty intimidating villain.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

MonsterEnvy posted:

Drakken Joe has also been a pretty intimidating villain.

Sawing off a leads arm while he's awake and killing the main in one timeline tends to do that. And now in the current timeline he was still mand handling him.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Drakken Joe was cool when he was an intimidating guy who didn't like to kill people because they could still be useful to him.

He's now........ this:

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Mulderman posted:

Drakken Joe was cool when he was an intimidating guy who didn't like to kill people because they could still be useful to him.

He's now........ this:

That was not his fault.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Futaba Anzu posted:

i find it worth reading future ghostwriter because it's interesting to see what kind of morality the mangaka is trying to attempt

That one manga about the Japanese Beatles cover band going back in time to soon before the Beatles made it big is pretty interesting; one or two members of the band end up being strongly opposed (on ethical grounds) to the protagonist essentially stealing the Beatles' songs.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I remember the viewpoint character having the explanation of "I want to see what OTHER songs the Beatles could have made if we jacked their entire discography first" was better than the Ghostwriter guy's reasoning but also kind of wasted since obviously there's no way for us, the reader, to ever hear those theoretical songs.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Ayakashi Triangle: I was expecting something to happen after the incredibly generic beginning but I wasn't expecting that. This is either going to be excellent or terrible. :prepop:

Undead Unluck has a really cool twist this week, but it also seems like it's already preparing to wrap up.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Jun 14, 2020

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Whoooo boy Ayakashi Triangle is going to be something alright.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Sindai posted:

Ayakashi Triangle: I was expecting something to happen after the incredibly generic beginning but I wasn't expecting that. This is either going to be excellent or terrible. :prepop:

You weren't kidding. :aaa:

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i love it, he's very cute

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Look what got delivered to me in time for this week's We Never Learn! :3:

I'm sad Fumino has to feel like this even in her own arc :smith:

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Agravity Boys

Mangaplus

Viz

A very useful second page, covering all the hijinks we're seeing in this chapter. I sympathize with making a costume and forgetting the air holes.

Time Paradox Ghostwriter

Mangaplus

Viz

It's really just not that interesting? I mean, the plagarism hasn't been totally dropped but watching the MC suffer in a purgatory of his own making isn't that interesting. It mostly makes me sad for real manga writers/artists. I'm not really sure why I'm still reading this.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Sindai posted:

Ayakashi Triangle: I was expecting something to happen after the incredibly generic beginning but I wasn't expecting that. This is either going to be excellent or terrible. :eyepop:

Whoaaaaaaaaa drat. Yeah, it can be either really good, or really bad. No middle ground is possible here.

(Dude is also surprisingly unconcerned about his transformation, though.)

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Moriking

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1007057
https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/moriking-chapter-8/chapter/20730?action=read

Mashle

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1007050
https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/mashle-chapter-19/chapter/20727?action=read

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Mashle is so good and I'm happy to see that apparently it's selling well as well.

Next to the insane twist, I also found Ayakashi Triangle a little hard to follow.

Bone collection
You know what, this is turning out pretty fun.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Bone Collector: Yup, this has firmly found its niche as "Battle Shonen, but everyone is a moron" and went all in on it. And thank god it did, because it managed to basically turn my opinion around and now I can't get enough of those precious idiots. :allears:

Ayakashi Triangle: Huh, so is this first attempt at mainstream shonen gender-bender series since Ranma? I can't remember anything else out the top of my head.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Lt. Lizard posted:

Ayakashi Triangle: Huh, so is this first attempt at mainstream shonen gender-bender series since Ranma? I can't remember anything else out the top of my head.

Nah, we had Hungry Marie not that long ago. Although given the way that crashed and burned, I don't blame you for not remembering.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
To think, if we were still doing the Jump Start thing we'd have no idea how good half of these new comics are.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Sindai posted:

Undead Unluck has a really cool twist this week, but it also seems like it's already preparing to wrap up.

Huh how come. Did not seem like that at all to me.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

setting the failure state at missing two more quests is i guess an endpoint but i feel like they could just as easily go through a bunch of successful quests before dealing with ragnarok

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
mashle continues to be almost impossibly good

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

dogsicle posted:

setting the failure state at missing two more quests is i guess an endpoint but i feel like they could just as easily go through a bunch of successful quests before dealing with ragnarok

It's not even failing two more quests in failing a quest in two sets of them.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
There’s a lot of stuff that happens during ragnarok so it happening isn’t completely the endgame I think you’re pinning it for.

Wrong series of films, for one thing :v:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Venuz Patrol posted:

mashle continues to be almost impossibly good

the "twist" involving mash was great

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

Yak of Wrath posted:

Tsukimizuki Rikai no Tantei Satsujin has been rapidly released and is about to wrap up shortly so I'd figure I'd give it a shout out.

Tsuzuki Ui is unexpectantly reunited with an online acquaintance

Kimizutsuki Iriza. The thing is she is a private detective investigating a murder, and her prime suspect is his younger sister

Haruka and he has to prove her innocence as Kimizutsuki was hired for more than whodunit

That was fun! Reads like the author played Umineko No Naku Koro Ni and decided that what the world really needed was a Furudo Erika detective story.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Arist posted:

Look what got delivered to me in time for this week's We Never Learn! :3:

I'm sad Fumino has to feel like this even in her own arc :smith:

:nice:

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Regading Undead Unluck, as the Galaxy UMA rewrote reality so that Stars and planets other than our own had always existed, implying that before now their universe was empty, but also that the concept of zodiacs and named days of the week didn't exist Ragnarok could well be 'The world now remembers going to war in 1914 killing millions, and again in 1949, and then there's the Korean war, the Cold War, the whole deal with the Middle East... hey, ask your non-negator friends about nukes!'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Man it's a shame the beginning of Undead Unluck was so rough.
Because it's been really good recently. It has extremely neat concepts and I love how this is a shounen battle series where characters don't blab out how their powers work. They have the actually figure it out. And since Andy us undead, he can get away with discovering it as he goes.

I also love how the rewards and punishment system works.