Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Strag Dog and The Naked City are definitely solid movies but I don't think police procedurals really grab me. Next movie I'mma watch will be Medium Cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Watch Memories of Murder it's good as hell

coconono
Aug 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Oh wow this Stargirl is a neat four episode run. Or maybe I'm just having so much fun seeing a viking warrior saga as told by teen girls.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Hey y'all I'm legit homeless right now.

I'm scared.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

ARMBAR A COP posted:

I'm scared.

Do you have a car?

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

NienNunb posted:

Watch Memories of Murder it's good as hell

Get HBOMax or Criterion to put it on their service for me

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

ARMBAR A COP posted:

I'm scared.

gently caress dude, really sorry to hear that. Hopefully you have people who can put you up even if only in the short term. Don't know what social safety-nets you have where you live but whatever they are, please take advantage of them as soon as you can.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Dangerous Person posted:

Get HBOMax or Criterion to put it on their service for me

Wish this was like 6 months ago when I first watched it because it was up on YouTube for free but now it's not. I'll get on the horn with Ma and Pa Criterion asap

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I apologize for my comments about korea and Japan relations.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

me too maybe. I don't know

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

ARMBAR A COP was that storm related to your current situation? with the hail and whatever else happened. Are you OK physically. Do you know anyone whose couch you could crash on for like tonight/tomorrow so you can try to start getting some less fleeting help in the daylight? I don't know if you can see this. I believe that poster lives in calgary. That might be wrong or outdated. If anyone on here is there, go looking for ARMBAR A COP. go out and holler, "ARMBAR A COP are you here?" as much as you can within reason. This might seem like I am taking that situation lightly but I'm not. I am worried yet very far away and rather poor myself, feeling somewhat ineffectual other than stream of consciousness ideas based on my emotions on the internet. I'm editing this to say I didn't know Calgary had over 1 million people in it. I thought it was a couple hundred thousand at the most. It's not worth going outside and yelling like I mentioned before. It was only 2% worth it based on the incorrect info I was operating on. Any way if you can post here ARMBAR A COP, and you want to keep talking about what's going on with you, please don't consider it a TMI or 'no one cares' type of thing at all.

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Jun 15, 2020

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

ARMBAR A COP posted:

I'm scared.

I don't know your life or situation so I'll just give some general advice from experience.

Like Jerusalem said look up local safety nets. If they're there use them. If you have people in your life that can help but you don't want to go to I'll just say if there's a chance it's mendable that's better than constant anxiety. And most importantly what's happening is real and things like drinking won't help.

It's scary but you're going to be okay.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
poo poo be safe ARMBAR A COP. If you're doing fundraising, drop us the links(if that's cool Jerusalem)

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

coconono posted:

(if that's cool Jerusalem)

Sorry to be the rear end in a top hat but it's a general blanket rule we don't allow links to individual/personal requests for fundraising assistance, since it opens up a big ol' can of worms.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i'm going to try watching this korean movie called foul king. it's about a boring loser who becomes a wrestler or something. i'm doing this to pass some time until the njpw show. if you want to try it as well then here is the link. i can't remember if you need an account on that site to view the free content but anything on there is legally there and most of it is paid. the hardees fast food company is somehow related in the funding and production of this film. and if the movie really sucks i'm going to post that on this post, at the end.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

there's a scene in this film where the main character has a dream about standing in the middle of a ring, dedicating a song and his title belt to a woman, while wearing a 1970s elvis outfit, with bubbles in the air all over the place. then his microphone gets cut off and he has to fight someone wearing a ripoff of the vader mastodon helmet and road warriors shoulderpads but very low budget

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i didn't know the director of this movie was the really famous guy who did stuff like I Saw the Devil, A Bittersweet Life, and The Good the Bad the Weird. that explains why the movie is not bad. hell, sorry for posting a bunch in a row, but if I try to fix this, it would really just be editing this post into the previous post and having an extraneous post as the last thing. It wouldn't help. I sincerely wish I didn't do this but I can't clean up after myself.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Staying on a friend's couch rn, luckily I have a small savings but i got fired and I only get the covid benefits until August.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

ARMBAR A COP posted:

Staying on a friend's couch rn, luckily I have a small savings but i got fired and I only get the covid benefits until August.

That's good, hang in there pal life is long and even a pessimist like me knows life can't gently caress you as bad as it wants to without giving you some highs to fall from, there will be another high down the road. I lost my job during this, and this helped me: take advantage of your local library if you need to quiet your mind most have so many e-books you can get for free. My grandfather used to say the best way to solve a problem was to go fishing, that is do something relaxing you enjoy that's simple and let your mind turn off for just a moment and you'd be surprised how solutions come to you in the clarity of a meditative hobby.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

My partner is living with me as she is temporarily displaced following a fire down the hall from her condo. We spent the weekend cleaning what we could and throwing out what we couldn't since her insurance doesn't cover all her stuff. We have another run tonight and she hired some people to move out the big furniture. It's also accelerating our plans to move in together, which I'm having mixed feeling about. It'll probably be better when we're actually in a place big enough for two people. On THAT account, we found a kickass townhouse that we're hoping to hear back about that will be plenty big for us both, my cats, and her dog. (Her dog is currently at her parents' place because mine is DEFINITELY not appropriate for a large dog.)

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Saw four fat raccoons crossing the street last night......

I'm afraid of raccoons

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

one time i went to get a slurpee and snacks at 1 am and i was walking home and found 2 skunks having a death fight so i stood there and watched them while drinking slurpee and eating big eats taquitos and then one of them killed the other one. it was like that song, in the air tonight. but skunks and not drowning. skunks bleed a lot when they die.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

lol whole time i was watching gosford park i was in my head "is this jsut rated r downton abbey?" and then i read up and found out that yes it is. well, it ruled.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
skunks are basically cats with unintended features.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Paper Lion posted:

one time i went to get a slurpee and snacks at 1 am and i was walking home and found 2 skunks having a death fight so i stood there and watched them while drinking slurpee and eating big eats taquitos and then one of them killed the other one. it was like that song, in the air tonight. but skunks and not drowning. skunks bleed a lot when they die.

The energy radiating off this post is cursed, but I can't look away

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Paper Lion posted:

I was once startled awake while camping by horrific screams and growls outside of my tent, and it turned out to be two raccoons fighting over some bread I'd forgotten to put in the car. As far as I could tell they resolved their differences with minimal bloodshed, but I was shocked at how loud and frightening their noises were.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Humans are lucky as poo poo we don't have more massive predators like what if Earth Defense Force was real we'd be done for.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

coconono posted:

skunks are basically cats with unintended features.

I’ve heard of people who kept pet skunks that had their scent sprayers snipped. at any rate, I know they’re happy to eat your cats’ kibble the first chance they get :negative:

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

A lot of unfortunate animal stories the last few pages. Here is a nice song about wizards and poo poo instead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZjZtJ_Cl94

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Paper Lion posted:

if you are serious. and cannot afford the video game. and would really play all of it and not get bored in 5 hours. then i can help. i am a friend to all children, like gamera

Somehow I missed this & just want to say this is a super awesome thing for you to offer, & goons are great & you are especially great, but it's more just "I'm skint right now" and so will just hold off a month rather than there is no prospect of me ever getting it. But again, just want to say that this is a super nice thing for you to offer.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Paper Lion is a confirmed sweetheart

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I made friends with a level 141 pawn in Dark Arisen today. I am level 36. Does this make me terrible?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

ChrisBTY posted:

I made friends with a level 141 pawn in Dark Arisen today. I am level 36. Does this make me terrible?

No it means you win.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

coconono posted:

No it means you win.

It certainly gives me the freedom to doesn't afraid of anything.
Except for the Grim Reaper. Fear the Reaper yo.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
I will dunk on the reaper. Just endlessly 360 windmill jamming on his stupid cowl and primitive lawn care device.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

yea ok posted:

lol whole time i was watching gosford park i was in my head "is this jsut rated r downton abbey?" and then i read up and found out that yes it is. well, it ruled.

Gosford Park rules so much.
Policeman: Sir, there's a spill here on the carpet next to where the body was found :thunk:
Inspector: Well yes they have people to clean that up.

The reveal at the end of the movie that the rich assholes living upstairs are fully aware of and gossip about the lives and backstory of the servants downstairs is so great.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Cavauro posted:

i'm going to try watching this korean movie called foul king. it's about a boring loser who becomes a wrestler or something. i'm doing this to pass some time until the njpw show. if you want to try it as well then here is the link. i can't remember if you need an account on that site to view the free content but anything on there is legally there and most of it is paid. the hardees fast food company is somehow related in the funding and production of this film. and if the movie really sucks i'm going to post that on this post, at the end.

watching this now and it reminded me of when some korean variety show comedians tried to pull off some wrestling matches. It's ok given the amount of time they've trained and how old everyone is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDMs8st8zOA

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Very cool

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Ya boy locked himself out of his car an hour and a half ago. AAA is still an hour out. Lmfao. Lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Is there somewhere to hang out while you wait or do you have to stay by the car?