Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
wholesale tile business owning looking mother fucker drat

edit: possibly the worst snype of all time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

TraderStav posted:

It was the horse master, in the stable, with ketamine in a carrot.

It's the classic game of Glue.

It was the horse itself
in a dream
about ants

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

Moo the cow posted:

Oh, I say. That is amazing.

Volmarias posted:

It was the horse itself
in a dream
about ants

:anime:

TFW you finally land one after several years of failed attempts

fart barterer
Aug 24, 2006

David Byrne - Like Humans Do (Radio Edit).mp3
Crossposting from the stonks thread, but:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/sergei...e/#1d463d659286

:smith:

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
It's kind of silly the guy was surprised to find out he had access to ruin his life at 20 when drugs, guns, and unprotected sex exist.

E: okay he probably didn't have to worry about the last one.

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms
yeah youth suicide in the comedy thread

of comedy

SpartanIvy posted:

E: okay he probably didn't have to worry about the last one.

lol thanks for bringing us back

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost
If you owe Robinhood 75k, you have a problem. If you owe them 750k, they have a problem.

That kid was just too dumb with money to realize that his life wasn't over, it was just going to be unpleasant for a little while.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
Financially Independent, (laid to) Rest Early

But seriously don't kill yourself. Problems in life are temporary and suicide is permanent.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Nocheez posted:

If you owe Robinhood 75k, you have a problem. If you owe them 750k, they have a problem.

That kid was just too dumb with money to realize that his life wasn't over, it was just going to be unpleasant for a little while.

Being clueless on this sort of stuff, could this debt be discharged in bankruptcy?

Dik Hz
Feb 22, 2004

Fun with Science

Bird in a Blender posted:

Being clueless on this sort of stuff, could this debt be discharged in bankruptcy?
IANAL, but yes.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Bird in a Blender posted:

It’s unclear how much was actually owed, there is speculation in the article that the huge negative balance only represented part of the trade clearing and that the amount lost may have been much lower.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

Midjack posted:

It’s unclear how much was actually owed, there is speculation in the article that the huge negative balance only represented part of the trade clearing and that the amount lost may have been much lower.

Sounds like PR from the company, which is somehow both better and worse.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
ive got credit card debt and i wanna at least fake my death

but enough self posting

seriously guys Amy Cooper gave 65 G's to an angry video game nerd looking motherfucker and got findommed and double cucked lmao

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

SpartanIvy posted:

Financially Independent, (laid to) Rest Early

Foma
Oct 1, 2004
Hello, My name is Lip Synch. Right now, I'm making a post that is anti-bush or something Micheal Moore would be proud of because I and the rest of my team lefty friends (koba1t included) need something to circle jerk to.
Wait for your other trade to finish before finishing yourself

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Foma posted:

Wait for your other trade to finish before finishing yourself

:drat:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Nocheez posted:

at 100% tax rate Robinhood is everyone's problem

above a certain income bracket

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Nocheez posted:

Sounds like PR from the company, which is somehow both better and worse.

No, it was reported by other people who did heavy leveraged option trading, and AIUI RH doesn’t like to talk about the fact that their app can misstate the value of your accounts by hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Foma
Oct 1, 2004
Hello, My name is Lip Synch. Right now, I'm making a post that is anti-bush or something Micheal Moore would be proud of because I and the rest of my team lefty friends (koba1t included) need something to circle jerk to.

Subjunctive posted:

No, it was reported by other people who did heavy leveraged option trading, and AIUI RH doesn’t like to talk about the fact that their app can misstate the value of your accounts by hundreds of thousands of dollars.

every brokerage does this. it is standard and accurate

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Correct, it's the nature of the trades. They might take days to settle and you shouldn't be given value to trade with that hasn't gone through, so your account value looks low. Out of the shady things Robinhood does, this is not one of them.

Now, his account could have been a little or a lot better that -750k, dunno by how much. He could have just defaulted on it though.

Switchback
Jul 23, 2001

I’m sure everyone else in the world is more woke than me and put it together instantly, but I had to look it up to realize Amy Cooper is that horrible white lady that called the cops on the dude birding in Central Park.

Apparently everyone in her building hates her and she tried to get the doorman fired and only talks to her neighbors in weird baby talk through her dog. She now goes on holiday with dweeb face’s ex wife, the one she paid $65k to destroy. Lol. There has never been a more worthy recipient of public shame.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8423945/Central-Park-Amy-Cooper-tried-doorman-fired.html

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
https://www.npr.org/2020/06/08/872186575/hidden-million-dollar-treasure-has-been-found-in-rocky-mountains-art-dealer-says

quote:

After sitting undisturbed for more than 10 years, a treasure chest holding gold nuggets and precious gems has been found in the Rocky Mountains. The box was hidden by millionaire art dealer Forrest Fenn; his only clues included a map and a poem. But after countless quests, the search is over.
The search for Fenn's hidden treasure became a sensation, luring tens of thousands of people to try to decipher the clues and embark on what they hoped would be a life-altering hike in the wilderness. But for years after the first clues appeared in Fenn's self-published book, The Thrill of the Chase, no one could find the right spot.

For some, it became a dangerous obsession: In the process of looking for the trove that was said to be worth as much as $2 million, at least four people have died.
Three years ago, the treasure hider said he believes at least 250,000 people have looked for the stash. But noting the accidents that have occurred, he added, "The search is supposed to be fun."

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

At least this one ended unlike The Secret.

Fools Infinite
Mar 21, 2006
Journeyman
Masquerade ended as a fraud. Someone even solved the puzzle but didn't see the prize when digging for it.

The man behind the fraud then sold a horrible video game treasure hunt.

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

The video game is really.... something. The phrase "worst game ever" is overused a lot, but this might actually be it. It was sold in two separate parts so you had to pay for it twice, and both parts were an outright scam with nothing to actually solve.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouvi-fwrfIY&t=887s

Dip Viscous fucked around with this message at 12:32 on Jun 19, 2020

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/JensenKarp/status/1272216342112821248?s=20

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Who the hell is Jeremy Piven?

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Midjack posted:

Who the hell is Jeremy Piven?

The bald guy in PCU.

And the biggest rear end in a top hat in a roomful of assholes in Entourage.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Krispy Wafer posted:

The bald guy in PCU.

Also, angry real estate buddy in Grosse Pointe Blank.

blackmet
Aug 5, 2006

I believe there is a universal Truth to the process of doing things right (Not that I have any idea what that actually means).

Krispy Wafer posted:

The bald guy in PCU.

And Ellen's cousin on Ellen.

For 15K, I need exclusive rights to his sex tape to sell to TMZ.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Good with money for one dude, BWM for a lot of other people.

Rare Connor McDavid rookie hockey card sells for $135,811 at auction

ESPN posted:

Connor McDavid just made a retired carpenter from San Diego more than $100,000 richer.

McDavid's 2015-16 Upper Deck "The Cup" rookie patch autograph card sold for a final bid of $135,811.20 in the Lelands Spring Classic Auction on Friday. The sale price includes a 20% buyer's fee that goes to the auction house, according to The Action Network.

Only 99 of these cards were made. The seller had to put in money for even the opportunity to find one of these cards in a box.

quote:

Essentially, John won a lottery to earn the chance to own the McDavid card. This is how the case break worked: Thirty spots were randomly assigned via computer program to collectors who invested in the break. John couldn't recall the exact amount he paid but said it was "under $150." Along with the individuals, there were five "random number blocks" that had teams assigned to them; each of the "blocks" included nine investor names, each assigned a random number that corresponded with the last digit of the numbered card that was pulled for that team.

In the McDavid case break, the "random number block" was assigned the Oilers, and John was assigned No. 7 within that block. Because of these assignments, John lucked into one of the most coveted hockey cards in the industry

All the cards sold have gone for $50,000 or more. This card was worth more for one stupid reason: this card was No. 97, which is McDavid's jersey number with the Edmonton Oilers.

There is no way this card will hold this value, which is all a bunch of bullshit anyway.

Mantle
May 15, 2004

gently caress the modern standard of journalism. Connor McDavid's didn't actually have any substantial involvement in this guy winning the card.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Who is McDavid? Never heard of him and even as a casual hockey fan, I had no idea that the Edmonton oilers were still a team.

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Thanks for a MONSTER of an avatar, Awful Survivor Mods!

Cacafuego posted:

Who is McDavid? Never heard of him and even as a casual hockey fan, I had no idea that the Edmonton oilers were still a team.

He’s been one of the two best players on the planet for the past five years, so there’s definitely some justification for this absurd price but also... there’s not at all lmao

Zion Williamson cards have gone for over $100k as well. poo poo’s wild

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

He may not get as much media attention in the US because he plays on a Canadian team that is not Toronto but yeah he is an amazing player. I wonder what the trading value is on the lovely Tim Horton's cards they release at the beginning of every season

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
If it doesn’t tap for three mana why even loving bother with it

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A highlander style movie where a guy with a black lotus card destroys all other black lotuses

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Thanks for a MONSTER of an avatar, Awful Survivor Mods!

Alan Smithee posted:

A highlander style movie where a guy with a black lotus card destroys all other black lotuses

I think was the plot of the yu-gi-oh anime

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

You ever wonder if these card companies keep a secret stash of rare cards to "find" and sell when they get valuable?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

OK lol, apparently they did just that with loving yu-gi-oh cards and lost the license because of it