Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Man, speaking of that it apparently came out?

Still not a fan of the title, couldn 't remember what the hell it even was.

e: the translation itself seems fine to me. There's some differences, but they seem like the same characters, with the same voices if that makes sense.

a kitten fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Jun 20, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I completely forgot how dumb that title was.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Obligatory :nws: warning goes here.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

:yeah:

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

And another new chapter of So do you want to go out? is up.

This manga rules. It's always been great but this latest chapter was relatable for me in a very rare way. It's good.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

SyntheticPolygon posted:

And another new chapter of So do you want to go out? is up.

This manga rules. It's always been great but this latest chapter was relatable for me in a very rare way. It's good.

You're not kidding! That was a fantastic chapter. What a great series.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
https://twitter.com/RanobeSugoi/status/1275075985700818958

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

A Timid Woman Longing For Her Delivery Girl is finally released in all its three chapters, and the last one is :nws:

Also, what is possibly one of my all-time favorite anime, Yuyushiki - which I've not read the manga of yet, because it's not complete, has finally had the adult life polyamory doujinshi completed - it's by Tatunokosso, who also had an entry in the Alcohol Yuri Anthology, so there are multiple tags which are :nws:.
(That sentence got a bit away from me, but I can't wordsmith it any better)

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

bakarina is rly funny but it was cowardly for the author to crash maria's confession. :colbert:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
The Woman You Are And Me did a timeskip, and apparently is ending soon?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
this Run Away With Me, Girl chapter is real real good as usual

pages 18-20 are powerful

Mikl posted:

The Woman You Are And Me did a timeskip, and apparently is ending soon?
4 chapters left, apparently, based on an after-chapter tidbit recently.

most of the conflicts have been wrapped up for the most part, but it's still a shame it's ending all the same.

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

Ooo, The Woman You Are And Me looks neat.

I'm still waiting for Run Away With Me, Girl to finish, but it looks like there's only one chapter left and Sexy Akiba Detectives have a pretty good cadence going, so, hopefully soon!

In the meantime I've been kind of flailing around wondering what to read next, read a few oneshots while wondering, and now I think I've settled on Kase-san and Morning Glories.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

The Witch's Servant and the Demon Lord's Horns Chapter 59

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvtQYsckLxk

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
since a lot of people only check bookmarks, you should know that our admin, lowtax, has been credibly accused of abusing his partner.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3928980

please do what you believe to be ethical.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018
With the post from Stuntman in mind, is there a compiled list of stuff worth following for those that don't want to scour the entire threads hundred or so pages?

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
1) Jealousy by Scarlet Beriko

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Here is an archive of every post in this thread up until Dis' last post.
EDIT: You still just extract it with 7zip, and it should work for browsing as pages work and now stylesheets as well as images are included.

BlankSystemDaemon fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Jun 25, 2020

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Cute little short about a Gyaru and a ghost

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Tsuki ga kirei, desune

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Good luck, girls.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The TWGOK mangaka has a new series running for a while now about two workers at a travel agency faking a marriage to avoid being shipped off to a new branch in Siberia. There appear to be two groups working on it, with the one posting to mangadex being ahead but missing the first three chapters, but jaiminisbox has those.

The basic premise is that they are both single and stable and more or less fulfilled as such, but the fake marriage makes them start examining their lives and feelings of alienation. It's not really a comedy but I wouldn't call it a drama either as yet. I don't think it's pushing pro-marriage either, but who knows, that may change.

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

keep yr head up, problem girl
New fighting game yuri. No idea yet if it's gonna have actual romance this time or if it's just gonna be queerbait or class-S, but I'm glad someone picked up the dropped torch from Someday We'll Get There. Except this time with more kabedon and gratuitously horny body horror, so better.

Also just absolutely swollen with incredible moods

cw blood, creepy

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

She's copping that attitude while playing on wifi?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

I think I'll pass on the meme-y 4chan translation until something better comes along.

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

chumbler posted:

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Lemon-Lime posted:

I think I'll pass on the meme-y 4chan translation until something better comes along.

do... do you have a more egregious example of this battle in the Translation Culture War than a pet name for 'video games'

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

i think vidya is dumb

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Space Flower posted:

do... do you have a more egregious example of this battle in the Translation Culture War than a pet name for 'video games'

The scan group is literally from /v/ and the meme TL and egregious swearing are obnoxious:

gently caress off with the culture war bullshit.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
nice. it looks like an interesting manga, and things that turn me off are usually closer to hate speech and not "dropped an f-bomb", so if there's nothing like that then I'll happily check out the scans. thanks

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

chumbler posted:

I mean if you can kick someone's rear end in a fighting game despite playing on wifi that just makes it more impressive, no?

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

here's where i realized this was by the yuzumori-san mangaka. amazing artist

honestly this might be the one time i have to hand it to infamous translation guy SteamedBunInvasion because the image this manga is going for is an intentional contrast between the ojousama girls' school atmosphere and the 'hardcore' image of fightstick gaming so any level of netspeak adds to that

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Gutter Owl posted:

No idea yet if it's gonna have actual romance this time or if it's just gonna be queerbait or class-S

haha yeah, it's truly anyone's guess

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i hate how casually people throw around "queerbait" at literally any piece of media that doesn't meet some arbitrary standard. it's a word as meaningless for judging manga as whether something is tagged as "shoujo ai" or "subtext" at this point

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
if you apply the same standards often used for "is this yuri or just bait" to manga about heterosexual couples it becomes pretty clear how dumb those standards are. A lot of manga just uses, uh, actual subtlety

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
even though it's just released there's a voiced PV for it, that's cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-jmGmZFEVI

edit: interesting that the PV ends on a scene that isn't in ch1, with both of them in bed under a sheet while the MC stares at the other girl's lips and goes "oh, gently caress. why does my heart race when i'm with her"

queerbait be hittin different in 2020

Space Flower fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Jun 27, 2020

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

Look, you grow up on Oniisama e and Maria-sama ga Miteru and you start anticipating the "what do you mean, they were totally just friends, honest, here are the husbands they always totally dreamed about off camera." A hundred other manga have played this kinda scene off as a hilariously suggestive misunderstanding--she just wanted to see her finger calluses, see? Don't get lovely cuz old bitches hedge bets until they see some hitconfirms.

I wanted Someday We'll Get There to pay out on its subtext too, and it died without delivering.

Space Flower posted:

edit: interesting that the PV ends on a scene that isn't in ch1, with both of them in bed under a sheet while the MC stares at the other girl's lips and goes "oh, gently caress. why does my heart race when i'm with her"

See, now that's different. I am ready to put faith in now.

gutterdaughter fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Jun 28, 2020

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Gutter Owl posted:

Look, you grow up on Oniisama e and Maria-sama ga Miteru and you start anticipating the "what do you mean, they were totally just friends, honest, here are the husbands they always totally dreamed about off camera."
i can think of literally like two things in the past decade that have done this

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
comedy aside, i am not judging. to me part of it being clear cut is in the mangaka Ejima Eri having been 100% yuri for years. oftentimes looking at past stuff for context offers validation

also on closer look that PV came out to advertise the first volume, not the first chapter. makes sense...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the ending of oniisama e sucks but it's also a shoujo manga from the 1970s, i'm not gonna base my view of things off of like rose of versailles

though hearing about the ending of maria-sama now i feel like i ultimately profited from skipping it to watch strawberry panic instead. strawberry panic's pretty alright