Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Tooru is going to open the front door and will be run over by a ghost motorcycle and Kyo will make her grand return having previously removed herself from reality in order to pursue the head doctor without consequences .

hatty fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Jun 21, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

So is the entire lesson of this arc Do Not Pursue Tooru?

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
Oh? You're not approaching me? Instead of pursuing me, you're gonna sit in place?

I can't beat the poo poo out of you by getting closer

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Funky Valentine posted:

So is the entire lesson of this arc Do Not Pursue Tooru?

De Do Do Do De Da Da Da is simply enforcing the basic rule of Don't Stand So Close To Me

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

yeah actually they will posted:

Yeah... if only there was someone whose stand ability had to do with affecting memories

God drat it

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

*Gappy turns to the audience*

"We have a lot of fun here on Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, but it's important to talk about Social Distancing by not [pursuing] people within six feet."

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

Wouldn’t Born This Way be a hard counter to Tooru’s stand? It’s a pursuit-type stand, but it doesn’t actually pursue, it just teleports to wherever you are.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

yeah actually they will posted:

Yeah... if only there was someone whose stand ability had to do with affecting memories

Daiya with a bunch of little chess pieces with pictures of her dad’s fresh corpse inside

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

MachuPikacchu posted:

Wouldn’t Born This Way be a hard counter to Tooru’s stand? It’s a pursuit-type stand, but it doesn’t actually pursue, it just teleports to wherever you are.

that would require her to exist again

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

did Araki just write her out

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Possibly

Or might be the effect of California King Bed or Paper Moon King.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

grieving for Gandalf posted:

she hasn't really been notably in the manga since vitamin c and is very conspicuously absent for most of the things that have happened around the higashikata estate since then though the wiki says she showed up during the whole orchard battle and ozone baby

really weird that she isn't around right now

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

kaato is also notably absent lol

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Between Vitamin C, Ozone Baby, and Tooru's attack I would be absent from that house too.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Caato's still drinking margarita's and reading magazines in her hammock while her kids kill each other.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Electric Phantasm posted:

Possibly

Or might be the effect of California King Bed or Paper Moon King.

This is really baffling to me. Araki had to have deliberately removed her here, it's obvious he used the original photo with some otherwise minor tweaks. If he didn't want to use her anymore, couldn't ha have just left her in and just not mention her? It feels weirder to me to remove her entirely.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

grieving for Gandalf posted:

She's made a few background appearances here and there with most recent one being in chapter 75 when she and everyone else inside the Higashikata house were dying to Ozone Baby. Between that and being melted by Vitamin C she probably just decided to quit, no use in dying for a family she doesn't even like.

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Jun 21, 2020

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010
I'm not gonna even try to make complete sense of the Calamity Stand, I just enjoyed the tension in this chapter. :)

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!

CodfishCartographer posted:

This is really baffling to me. Araki had to have deliberately removed her here, it's obvious he used the original photo with some otherwise minor tweaks. If he didn't want to use her anymore, couldn't ha have just left her in and just not mention her? It feels weirder to me to remove her entirely.
he forgot the rules of one stand mid arc. i think he's losing it. if he doesn't address some of the important mysteries in part 8 i'm gonna be pissed!

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

I still hold out hope that there's something going on with Kyo Nijimura. That removal from the family picture seems way too on the nose for a character that was still around in the background.

Since we know that the Higashikatas are awfully calm at the end of the 7 days, even though Norisuke's dead, I'm assuming there's some major memory fuckery going on. And if we continue with the trend of time-related final boss stands (debatable if D4C counts), there may be a stand that can literally erase someone from the past.

Maybe that's just me hoping she'll turn up again, but this could be Caato's doing. She can put things in her card deck, evidently - one possible consequence could be that whatever's removed is removed from the world COMPLETELY, including all traces from the past. That would be kind of in line with Killer Queen, which could also kill without trace. If that's where this is going, I wouldn't be surprised if none of the characters can even remember Kyo.

Literal revisionist stand active at the same time as hella convoluted intention-reading stalker stand. DO IT ARAKI.

edit: As fun as Tooru is, and as great as Caato was in her short appearances so far, I think it's becoming more and more obvious that Jobin can be the only "final boss" by now... He's absolutely driving the plot, he's got a ton of runtime for the role, he's got motivation, he's an absolute fucker who deserves to get owned. I can see Caato saving him from Tooru, Tooru getting defeated, and then Caato supporting Jobin once again.

Torquemadras fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Jun 21, 2020

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Torquemadras posted:

(debatable if D4C counts)

it doesn't

thank you for coming to my ted talk

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

Funky Valentine posted:

*Gappy turns to the audience*

"We have a lot of fun here on 『Jojo's Bizarre Adventure 』, but it's important to talk about 〔Social Distancing〕 by not [ pursuing ] people within 「six feet」."

ftfy

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Johnny Joestar posted:

it doesn't

Pulls people from different timelines that were split by different variances in past and future.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Johnny Joestar posted:

it doesn't

Space and time are the same thing. QED.

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
If you think about it we're all traveling through time, man

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Relin posted:

he forgot the rules of one stand mid arc. i think he's losing it. if he doesn't address some of the important mysteries in part 8 i'm gonna be pissed!

I frankly kind of hate the "araki forgot" meme. It really comes off as disrespectful go him, like he doesn't care about his work - which he obviously does. Yes he's gone on record saying he's forgotten stuff in the past, but I think that's fairly normal. He's also gone on record saying that he's fully willing to cut plot concepts that aren't working for the sake of making an entertaining story - that seems far more likely to be the case most of the time something changes.

I'm kind of suspecting we won't really find out what happened to Kyo, since we haven't really seen her do anything since her fight, but maybe that's just cus araki knew he couldn't work her or her stand into the story and so he just cut her out, possibly literally.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

CodfishCartographer posted:

I frankly kind of hate the "araki forgot" meme. It really comes off as disrespectful go him, like he doesn't care about his work - which he obviously does. Yes he's gone on record saying he's forgotten stuff in the past, but I think that's fairly normal. He's also gone on record saying that he's fully willing to cut plot concepts that aren't working for the sake of making an entertaining story - that seems far more likely to be the case most of the time something changes.
It doesn't even work well because like 90% of "Araki forgot" moments are just readers unable to follow what's going on.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Relin posted:

Which one?

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

MachuPikacchu posted:

No ya dingus
Akefu doesn’t open doors, he just walks through the wall

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.

overmind2000 posted:

She's made a few background appearances here and there with most recent one being in chapter 75 when she and everyone else inside the Higashikata house were dying to Ozone Baby. Between that and being melted by Vitamin C she probably just decided to quit, no use in dying for a family she doesn't even like.

I mean, her half-brother still lives there. It's also where the fruit that can save her mom's brain was growing.

Wait, did Josuke even tell her about the rokaka?

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!

RatHat posted:

Which one?
blue hawaii

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Yo, just curious: has anyone heard any word about what’s going on with the English dub for Golden Wind? It hasn’t appeared on AS’s schedule for a few weeks now. My first guess was that they were forced to suddenly cut production short because of the coronavirus outbreak and finally ran out of completed material, but I was wondering if there’s been any official word on it.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Dragonwagon posted:

I mean, her half-brother still lives there. It's also where the fruit that can save her mom's brain was growing.

Wait, did Josuke even tell her about the rokaka?

Kira would have told her about the rokakaka being a thing but anything about it and the Higashikatas would have been Josuke's responsibility and we haven't seen them talking since chapter 17

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Jun 22, 2020

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

It's 100% covid.

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

goblin week posted:

No ya dingus
Akefu doesn’t open doors, he just walks through the wall

I kinda love that everything the doctor does is goading you into pursuing him, even when he's right there

In a room with the Higashikatas? Can't do poo poo to them - better freak them out by spookily wandering through the room, so that Jobin thinks he's coming for them

Journalist being a pest? Argue with him about semantics until he unknowingly triggers your weird-rear end stand, so that an incredibly unlikely event suddenly kills him

Josuke sending blackmail? Sitting down and not doing aaaaaanything is legit powerful against this guy

I love this bullshit so much you guys

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

SBR 1st read through: the Ringo Roadagain fight was one of the best things I’ve ever seen in the series. These last few chapters have been amazing.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Ringo is a lot of people's (myself included) pick for best monster-of-the-week fight in all of JoJo's. It's so loving good.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Kart Barfunkel posted:

SBR 1st read through: the Ringo Roadagain fight was one of the best things I’ve ever seen in the series. These last few chapters have been amazing.

Welcome, friend... to the True Man's World

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.

overmind2000 posted:

Kira would have told her about the rokakaka being a thing but anything about it and the Higashikatas would have been Josuke's responsibility and we haven't seen them talking since chapter 17

I guess her stand is just pretty hard to write around. A real shame, considering she has just as much motivation to be involved in the plot as the main protagonist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
since a lot of people only check bookmarks, you should know that our admin, lowtax, has been credibly accused of abusing his partner.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3928980

please do what you believe to be ethical.

forums are deader and gayer than ever.
I'll see you goons in the real man's world.

Zeruel fucked around with this message at 11:28 on Jun 24, 2020