Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
I'm aware that Yamato is presently on the same island as a trans woman and a guy who can swap bodies, and kind of wondering if Oda's going to go there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

I'm just waiting for the inevitable Sanji/Yamato meetup :shudder:.

lowercase16
Apr 19, 2008

Cyclops actually has two eyes.

Funky Valentine posted:

"I'm fine with my son discovering his identity but I WILL NOT STAND TO HAVE HIM GET INTO WEEB poo poo"

I've come to like Big Mom and now I'm starting to like Kaido.

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

At least with Brook he'll just ask to see Yamato's panties and Yamato will proudly rip his pants off to reveal a full-length fundoshi with the word aburaage or kombu on it and it'll be funny.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Darth Walrus posted:

I'm aware that Yamato is presently on the same island as a trans woman and a guy who can swap bodies, and kind of wondering if Oda's going to go there.

Kaido lays defeated but swears he’ll get revenge, but Law swaps his and Yamato’s bodies. Yamato(now in the body of Kaido) takes the beast pirates and joins the Straw hat fleet.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Darth Walrus posted:

I really doubt Oda will, but for what it’s worth Law is a surgeon capable of swapping body parts as well as bodies, so it depends on just how far you want to think about options.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

i wanna be kidd and get a lawn mower two-stroke engine with the pull cord installed in my pants.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Lpzie posted:

i wanna be kidd and get a lawn mower two-stroke engine with the pull cord installed in my pants.

oh deciding to upgrade to two strokes? good for you.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

drat one piece owns

Philosopher King
Oct 25, 2006
I'm watching one piece with my son for the first time. He's 8. He just said that the hat is really the one piece and it's what keeps Luffy alive. His first fan theory. I'm so proud.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.

Philosopher King posted:

I'm watching one piece with my son for the first time. He's 8. He just said that the hat is really the one piece and it's what keeps Luffy alive. His first fan theory. I'm so proud.

Given the Big Hat reveal some time ago, he may not be that far off. Good for him!

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Philosopher King posted:

press his prescient rear end more about the hat... we need to know the truth..

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
yamato's design is flames as hell and i'll continue referring to them as yamato unless the story makes it clear that they want one way or another

im also super curious was kaido's surname is cuz we haven't learned that yet and it may be important?

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

His name isn't Kaido. It's Kai D. Oh.

Philosopher King
Oct 25, 2006

TheLoneStar posted:

I wonder why some characters have last names and not others. It isn't like Brooke Frankie Nami and Usopp haven't been around long enough to learn their last name.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Franky’s real name is Cutty Flam.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

TheLoneStar posted:

You thought it was an emperor but it was I, D. Oh!

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
Usopp's full name is GOD Usopp.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Angry Lobster posted:

Usopp's full name is GOD Usopp.

Go. D. Usopp, actually

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Open up your Dethday present
It's a box of fucking nothing

Exciting Lemon
But is it Belle Nami or Nami Mere?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

One Piece does family name first, so it'd be Belle Nami

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Waffleman_ posted:

One Piece does family name first, so it'd be Belle Nami

Not always! Sometimes it uses western order, like for Edward Newgate.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

No, Whitebeard's family name is Edward

Level Seven
Feb 14, 2013

Wubba dubba dubba
that blew.

Megamarm

Begemot posted:

Not always! Sometimes it uses western order, like for Edward Newgate.

Except his son(?) is Edward Weevil so it's still eastern order.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Level Seven posted:

Except his son(?) is Edward Weevil so it's still eastern order.

Huh, I could've sworn there was an SBS saying the opposite, but oh well. I was wrong.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

RatHat posted:

Kaido lays defeated but swears he’ll get revenge, but Law swaps his and Yamato’s bodies. Yamato(now in the body of Kaido) takes the beast pirates and joins the Straw hat fleet.

this is 100% happening......every element was there since punk hazard. law, kinemon, momo, smile, the alliance to take down kaido....... and body swapping

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Actually wasn't Nami's family in one of the movies?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Big Mom's name being Linlin and not Charlotte trips me up too sometimes.

Shanks' family name is going to be William and Kaidou's will be Lester.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Lpzie posted:

Inspired by Space Truckers? Tywin Lannister with a pull-start wang...

https://youtu.be/G8Ifaeff0mA

It’s a really bad movie, great to watch with a group though.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

RatHat posted:

Actually wasn't Nami's family in one of the movies?

I don’t think so, no.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/theguardianq/status/1280664751580655616?s=20

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Lpzie posted:

Read Chainsaw Man.

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

God damn it, where are my ant keys?! I'm gonna miss my flight!

I really love this read.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Look I'll be the first to admit that I know nothing about gender dysphoria and/or transitioning but I absolutely would not want to get bodyswapped into my dad's body ever.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

M_Gargantua posted:

Inspired by Space Truckers? Tywin Lannister with a pull-start wang...

https://youtu.be/G8Ifaeff0mA

It’s a really bad movie, great to watch with a group though.

never seen that but lol that's close to what made me laugh+justpost -- imagery of a cord being pulled from inside some trousers then black smoke coming out the bottom.

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010

Julias posted:

There is no official confirmation if they are related or not, but they do have some sort of close relationship to each other, including Page 1 referring to Ulti as an 'elder sister' and Ulti calling him 'Pay-tan'

Aw, I've only been reading the official translation and was thinking she was calling him "Pay-chan" as a pun :(

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

God damn it, where are my ant keys?! I'm gonna miss my flight!
I just figured that they’re siblings in a typical comedy duo; Ulti is the obnoxious one (probably stronger) and Page is the straight-man helplessly reacting to Ulti’s antics.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
yeah i might not be doing a proper close read but i haven't seen anything weird about Ulti and Page's relationship. weird if they were real people sure, but not weird for the bombastic friendships or familial relationships in OP

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Yep, it's a pretty typical cartoon sibling relationship run through the lens of angry dinosaur people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
I'll be honest I was just trying to change the topic of conversation