Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Jeffrey Dahmer posted:

This guy walks around 24/7 with a condom on

Jeffrey Dahmer would know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeffrey Dahmer
May 21, 2017

by Pragmatica
Muldoon
https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/h...e8643bed42df406

Ubik_Lives
Nov 16, 2012

DickParasite posted:

I don't know if that was directed at me but I live in Melbourne and wear a mask when I leave the house and have been for weeks. I wore one today while running.

More just what seems to be the general mood in my office building. There's plenty of talk about what the Victorian government should have done to avoid this, but not very much on what our government should do to stop the same from happening here.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

No I won't wear a mask I CAN SUE YOU FOR HARASSING ME
:v:
https://twitter.com/yashar/status/1281347501304381441

Well you gotta post this one too!

https://twitter.com/_decadentjayy/status/1281322387527446528?s=21

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Ubik_Lives posted:

More just what seems to be the general mood in my office building. There's plenty of talk about what the Victorian government should have done to avoid this, but not very much on what our government should do to stop the same from happening here.

Ah, yes, I completely understand :).

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.

I am paused at 10 seconds on this video and dont have the guts to watch any more

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1281554061972692994

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Cool, gonna be in the purple zone any day now. Guernsey is where my dads cabin is and it is in the middle of nowhere, if I had to guess all those cases are from Cambridge, the big city down there. Also a lot of people come down for Salt Fork Lake and some weird huge dinoland or something, idk?

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

As I said up-thread, my wife works in a school system that's in a very affluent area. I have a $20 bet with her that it will last a maximum of 2 weeks. The instant any one of these incredibly coddled children test positive for COVID, there will be so much poo poo the superintendent has to deal with from the parents that the whole system will be shut down. Happened in Israel (except they did it for the right reasons), and it looks like it's happened elsewhere. 6-12 you could probably enforce masks, and social distancing. K-5? No loving way.

Late middle school and high school is a terrible, terrible plan because COVID spread is so much worse among kids older than 12 or so... and it's a horrid idea for K-5 too!

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

I'm in NH, one of two states where cases are still declining, and one that (so far) has been very fortunate compared to other states. But now indoor dining has resumed and Trump is flying in for a rally, bringing an army of maskless idiots who love to spit in each other's mouths for freedom. I finally started playing a couple (outdoor, socially distanced) gigs but this poo poo is all going to come to a screeching halt when cases shoot up again in 2-4 weeks. Sweet

A FESTIVE SKELETON
Oct 2, 2011

TIS THE SEASON BITCH
I got this idea the other day, if we’re running out of freezer space, why not just use the walk in freezers at restaurants that are closed or went out of business? May as well put them to use

Also I live in south Texas and work at a hospital so I’m having a real good time watching number for up hugely lol

IT BURNS
Nov 19, 2012

When will he learn how the federal budget works? :sad:

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

A FESTIVE SKELETON posted:

I got this idea the other day, if we’re running out of freezer space, why not just use the walk in freezers at restaurants that are closed or went out of business? May as well put them to use

Summer heat may not destroy the virus, but cold sure as shooting preserves it.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Also I live in south Texas and work at a hospital so I’m having a real good time watching number for up hugely lol

I would expect that there are a lot of regulations against using food storage freezers for human remains.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

I think that Ask a Mortician lady mentioned a contingency plan already written up that involved commandeering restaurant freezer space for corpse storage

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

IT BURNS posted:

When will he lea-

Never

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

There Bias Two posted:

I would expect that there are a lot of regulations against using food storage freezers for human remains.

Returning Refrigerated Transport Vehicles and Refrigerated Storage Units to Food Uses After Using Them to Preserve Human Remains During the COVID-19 Pandemic

Guidance for Industry May 2020

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

I'm talking about someone who got real sick with covid, got hospitalized, recovered--and then got it again and had to go through that whole course all over again. AKA what would be really worrisome. Not whether someone pops positive on a PCR test
Could this also be an artifact of infections still being relatively uncommon, and people who get hosed by the virus might be more cautious (or just plain infirm) afterwards? I guess anyone who did legit get hospitalized twice would make the news though, and law of large numbers being what it is, it probably would have happened by now if it could happen. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Gildiss posted:

Been watching Florida's numbers and their ICU beds were hovering above 1000~1300 for a few weeks but it just took a huge hit today nd is at 859 now.

Cool, cool.
Meanwhile, one of my relatives bought a house in South Florida (which is pretty lol on its own) and his immunocompromised boomer parents are heading there to help him move.

Cool, cool.

Zugzwang fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Jul 10, 2020

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Zugzwang posted:

Could this also be an artifact of infections still being relatively uncommon, and people who get hosed by the virus might be more cautious afterwards? I guess anyone who did legit get hospitalized twice would make the news though, and law of large numbers and all, it maybe would have happened by now if it could happen. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Meanwhile, one of my relatives bought a house in South Florida (which is pretty lol on its own) and his immunocompromised boomer parents are heading there to help him move.

Cool, cool.

It's a good plan but probate will probably take longer to work through than the check for the down payment will take to clear?

postmodifier
Nov 24, 2004

The LIQUOR BOTTLES are out in full force.
MOM is surely nearby.

So this means University of Phoenix online is cancelled, now, right?

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Welp. I stand corrected.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

:stare:

Drano
Dec 21, 2004

BEST at removing tough clogs!

Cthulu Carl posted:

I think that Ask a Mortician lady mentioned a contingency plan already written up that involved commandeering restaurant freezer space for corpse storage

In the mass casualty section of the emergency operations procedure manual the size of every refrigerated space in town is listed, includes every grocery store.

This was in hospital autopsy. Fun read.

edit: freezer space

Drano fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Jul 10, 2020

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I'm laughing at that tweet because schools already don't get enough funding lol it's like threatening a homeless man by telling him you'll take away his cardboard box.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

My company has never put out a formalized plan for working from home, it's just been at our discretion.

Today they emailed everybody an excel file to fill out and list how much you're actually working from home. Everybody's worried they're going to cut back or force us back into the office at this rate.

Because surely right now is the right time to do this.

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme

Gologle posted:

I'm laughing at that tweet because schools already don't get enough funding lol it's like threatening a homeless man by telling him you'll take away his cardboard box.
It's just like that, except new school funding is a lot harder to locate than a new cardboard box

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

https://overcast.fm/+LHydUwivk

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

This has to be one of those boomer specific demands right? Like strong handshakes with eye contact or the concept of walking around in a suit giving your resume to businesses.

I did entire semesters online in college a long time ago. It was fantastic. poo poo, I even did some work-from-home courses to graduate early from Highschool in the early days of the internet and that poo poo was great even then.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

A Fancy Hat posted:

My company has never put out a formalized plan for working from home, it's just been at our discretion.

Today they emailed everybody an excel file to fill out and list how much you're actually working from home. Everybody's worried they're going to cut back or force us back into the office at this rate.

Because surely right now is the right time to do this.

Lol if you ever assumed your company cares about you except to exploit your existence for performative measures and maximum revenue

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

He's actually right and online learning for K-12 especially is quite terrible but it's much more terrible when teachers and kids die in classrooms so he's a loving dumbass prick as usual.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

He's actually right and online learning for K-12 especially is quite terrible but it's much more terrible when teachers and kids die in classrooms so he's a loving dumbass prick as usual.

Maybe it’s a good opportunity to teach children how to deal with funerals, nobody teaches you that! Open your mind CDTB

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

Maybe it’s a good opportunity to teach children how to deal with funerals, nobody teaches you that! Open your mind CDTB

children's book idea: why jesse has one dad

e:
it's me, i'm jesse's other dead gay dad

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Rectal Death Adept posted:

This has to be one of those boomer specific demands right? Like strong handshakes with eye contact or the concept of walking around in a suit giving your resume to businesses.

I did entire semesters online in college a long time ago. It was fantastic. poo poo, I even did some work-from-home courses to graduate early from Highschool in the early days of the internet and that poo poo was great even then.

It's because a lot of people can't go back to work while they have to watch their kids. School is both an education system and a childcare system.

Of course, the reason why it's closed is that it makes a great pipeline for transferring bacteria and viruses as anyone with young kids know.

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived
lol if you weren't the person moving the highlighter on the ouija board to tell your friend the afterlife hates them too

me: OSHA will shut down any bullshit on a job pretty fast, like it normally did.

OSHA: nah we good. don't die tho.

quote:

OSHA has issued only one citation for violations of workplace safety laws related to Covid-19, according to its own testimony to Congress, to a Georgia nursing home that failed to report that a staffer had been hospitalized. The lone citation is despite well-documented shortages of required personal protective equipment at hospitals and Covid-19 outbreaks at meatpacking plants.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES
So I live in Alabama and our city made masks mandatory in public spaces starting this past Monday. Went to Target on Monday for my first grocery run in 3+ weeks because I don't trust the public not to be godawful and maybe now that more than 20% of them are wearing masks it'll be fine.

I'm in the bread aisle, exactly one row deep into the trip, and this woman ten feet from me pulls down her mask to sneeze three times all over the bread. Just fuckin casually contaminates hundreds of dollars worth of food staples. I'm wearing the same N95 mask I've had since mid-March. I grab what I need and get the gently caress out. Haven't been out in public since.

I cannot express in words how mad I am about every aspect of the American response to the pandemic.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
I AM FUMING WATCHING THIS CNN PIECE ON YOUTUBE! Really hits home what a POS orangeman is, we are right back to where we started, only worse. Cool we all locked down for over a month just to open up to soon and waste it all!

e;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MWZYAn8_RE&t=307s

Michael Corleone fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Jul 10, 2020

A FESTIVE SKELETON
Oct 2, 2011

TIS THE SEASON BITCH
if people aren’t too keen on using grocery store freezers I wonder if mass pyres would be better.

what’s the over/under on that one? Weeks? Months? Although I guess you need to worry about ash in the air, but hey that’s what the masks are for.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

if people aren’t too keen on using grocery store freezers I wonder if mass pyres would be better.

what’s the over/under on that one? Weeks? Months? Although I guess you need to worry about ash in the air, but hey that’s what the masks are for.

Well technically it's not a MASS GRAVE, it's a communal grave

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Can't have communal graves in America :bahgawd:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

naem
May 29, 2011

dead bodies lying around is a huge disease vector so it is good that someone somewhere has plans to deal with that, scary as poo poo that we’ll need it