Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Snoke? Snoke?! SNOOOOOOOOOOOOOKE

It was Snoke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

MGS ripped Star Wars off a lot. Despite JJ being friends with Kojima, Star Wars only ever had one nod back to MGS with C-3PO's red arm. Star Wars really could have used a Revolver Ocelot.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
Broke, woke, Snoke

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
*Sheev looking at his tank of Snokes with disappointment*

They don't look anything like they did in they did in the ad

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS
Perhaps it was Sheev who was the clone of Snoke

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Detective No. 27 posted:

MGS ripped Star Wars off a lot. Despite JJ being friends with Kojima, Star Wars only ever had one nod back to MGS with C-3PO's red arm. Star Wars really could have used a Revolver Ocelot.

I've said before that Metal Gear is basically the closest thing to setting Star Wars in the modern day.

And I still like me theory that Snoke is actually Darth Plagueis having barely survived Palpatine's ascension through dark science magic, and/or a clone. I suppose I was semi right.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

I guess it's technically true if Snoke was ever being directly controlled by Palpatine, since "Palpatine" is now just the outer shell of a thousand year old Russian nesting doll of Sith consciousness and would include Plagueis.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

2house2fly posted:

Hrngh. Colonel. I'm trying to lead the First Order. But I'm dummy tall.

Hux, I'm trying to walk through Starkiller Base, but I'm dummy tall and I keep hitting my head on the top of the door frame.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Those other guys in the tank weren’t Snokes clones, but his unhatched brothers, Boke and Loke.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Snöke and Snœke

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp
in some scenes, SNOKE is slightly taller. This isn't a mistake in the cg effects- it's actually a separate character, Bigger SNOKE

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.

Robot Style posted:

I guess it's technically true if Snoke was ever being directly controlled by Palpatine, since "Palpatine" is now just the outer shell of a thousand year old Russian nesting doll of Sith consciousness and would include Plagueis.

He's the Avatar?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Vim Fuego posted:

in some scenes, SNOKE is slightly taller. This isn't a mistake in the cg effects- it's actually a separate character, Bigger SNOKE

Photoshop this into the infamous “Did you know?” tweet...

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

What do you think the juice in the snoke tanks tastes like haha im just curious for laughs haha i would like to drink it

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Can we talk about how stupid the name snoke is? Like that is the best name they could come up with? Snoke?!

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
solid snoke, liquid snoke, naked snoke

and everyone's favourite spinoff protagonist, reyden

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
:discourse:

McCloud posted:

Can we talk about how stupid the name snoke is? Like that is the best name they could come up with? Snoke?!

The funniest line in TFA is "Then maybe you'll need to explain it to Supreme Leader Snoke" or whatever. It's hysterical. Snoke! All the more evidence that they'd reveal his name to be a sham identity for Plagueis.

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
However, the Knights of Ren having Cardio and Trudgen among their number are pretty good, too.

SolarFire2
Oct 16, 2001

"You're awefully cute, but unfortunately for you, you're made of meat." - Meat And Sarcasm Guy!

McCloud posted:

"You didn't drive our son to the dark side, Snoke did!" She says it with.. Some sincerity, but it falls flat because Snoke is a stupid name.

Edit: Yeah, but none of the Knights of Ren are actually named on screen so they get a bit of a pass on having dumb names.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I love all my clones equally

*earlier that day*

I don't care for Snoke

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
It always bugged me that all the characters have one syllable names. Rey, Finn, Poe, Rose, Snoke, even Kylo Ren's real name is Ben. It feels like a marketing directive to make the names all punchy and memorable or something

Lt. Danger
Dec 22, 2006

jolly good chaps we sure showed the hun

I did it all for the Snokie

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Let’s jump to another future trilogy and the head bad guy says to his apprentice, “Did you ever hear the tragedy of Darth Palpatine the <what goes here?>”

Help me out.

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019

2house2fly posted:

It always bugged me that all the characters have one syllable names. Rey, Finn, Poe, Rose, Snoke, even Kylo Ren's real name is Ben. It feels like a marketing directive to make the names all punchy and memorable or something

It's like some weird memetic understanding of Star Wars characters only have monosyllabic names. Luke, Han, Leia. But then Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, Leia Organa. Tarkin, Vader, Ackbar, Lando, Jabba, Palpatine, Padme, Amidala...

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

They didnt know who was going to be the skywalker in the last scene at that point

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS

Cartoon Man posted:

Let’s jump to another future trilogy and the head bad guy says to his apprentice, “Did you ever hear the tragedy of Darth Palpatine the <what goes here?>”

Help me out.

"that mummy gently caress!"

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

The dead mummy gently caress

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

If Akira Toriyama wrote Star Wars Snoke would have brothers or friends named Vaypor, Steem, and Haze.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

If Hideo Kojima had written Star Wars, Snoke would have been called Bad Sithman

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Pretty good posted:

If Hideo Kojima had written Star Wars, Snoke would have been called Bad Sithman

Darth Maul, Darth Tyranus, General Grievous, et cetera.

Angry Salami
Jul 27, 2013

Don't trust the skull.

SolarFire2 posted:

"You didn't drive our son to the dark side, Snoke did!" She says it with.. Some sincerity, but it falls flat because Snoke is a stupid name.

Similar energy to Ewan McGregor trying to dramatically deliver lines that include the word "younglings".

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

The Kingfish posted:

Darth Vader is almost literally Dark Father, or if you want to be more literal, Dark Invader

pospysyl posted:

If Akira Toriyama wrote Star Wars Snoke would have brothers or friends named Vaypor, Steem, and Haze.

I just never stop loving loving the Dragon Ball naming schemes

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

more like supreme leader joke amirite

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

No no, wait

you think you've beaten Snoke, but then there's Fyre!

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Is Snoke some combation of Sno....(something) and Luke?

Maybe it just rhymes with "joke" because he's more of a punchline than anything.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
It's smoke but different.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

I was thinking Snoke sounds like a Mortal Kombat name until I remembered there's one just called Smoke

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I love all my clones equally

*earlier that day*

I don't care for Snoke

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

The Kingfish posted:

there was a character in AOTC named "Elan Sleazebaggano"

And, get this, the hot space princess who doesn't wear a bra was named Leia- get it? lay ya

Unsubtlety is George's strong suit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

The dashing rogue who doesn't operate in any organisation is Han Solo

And the guy who has his back is Chewbacca