Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

it's been a pleasure, folks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I wanna see where this goes first, there's no reason to quit SA overnight and we could end up with a Credible off site or any number of other things.

But assuming the worst, arigato... JoJo thread

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

There's and ADTRW discord that just started here: https://discord.gg/d5HZjT

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

Let's go home...

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Yeah don't bail on the Fourms yet as the Mods and Admin's are working on a solution.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
If something bad happens... thank you for introducing me to my favorite anime, y'all.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Agoat posted:

If something bad happens... thank you for introducing me to my favorite anime, y'all.

JoJo has changed my life.

The forums too, but I prefer not to talk about that.

Vookatos
May 2, 2013

Agoat posted:

Same here. Hell, it even somewhat helped my boyfriend with his dysphoria. Seeing all the crazy bullshit fashion Araki thinks of led to him not care about how he looks and even try on some more androgynous stuff inspired by this series. :shobon:

Also, gently caress you Lowtax, you piece of poo poo.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Given a long enough timescale the fandom will have drawn every panel from Stone Ocean and made the anime unnecessary

https://twitter.com/Merhos1/status/1276821786391269376

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.
There's some really good stuff on that twitter:

https://twitter.com/Merhos1/status/1276148698481864704

https://twitter.com/Merhos1/status/1276787772574044160

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

Technowolf posted:

There's and ADTRW discord that just started here: https://discord.gg/d5HZjT

It says the invite is invalid?

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

https://twitter.com/RawazFHK/status/1275097041274843136?s=20

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Looking forward to the future rock animals 「Blue Da Ba Dee」, 「MMMBop」, and 「Da Da Da」

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

i appreciate jotaro sending his stunt double to meet his daughter

edit: https://twitter.com/Ergomancy/status/1282017379795578880

Crusader fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Jul 16, 2020

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

so is the old man still 89 years old in jojolion

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

New chapter is up on MangaDex

I can't decide if this chapter was the result of Araki spinning his wheels for a month or if he genuinely thinks we need to spend half of a chapter learning deep rock human lore and his musings on biology. The first fourteen pages are completely skippable, what a loving disappointment

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Jul 17, 2020

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Johnny Joestar posted:

so is the old man still 89 years old in jojolion

i don't know. i don't know.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

overmind2000 posted:

I can't decide if this chapter was the result of Araki spinning his wheels for a month or if he genuinely thinks we need to spend half of a chapter learning deep rock human lore and his musings on biology. The first fourteen pages are completely skippable, what a loving disappointment

This is just insane, but not as insane as his naming conventions. Doo Doo Doo Dee Daa Daa? Out of all The Police songs, I'd never guess that as a name.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

overmind2000 posted:

I enjoyed the backstory bits, it's classic Araki crazy. It also was cool to see how the stone people tie in to previous parts. I know for a long time people have been wondering how Part 8 is "caused" by DIO, since every other part is caused by him in some way. But now we've gotten confirmation of the opposite, really - Part 1 was "caused" by the rock humans in a way, and so is Part 8.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Do people not notice these naked humans walking out of the woods?

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

I don't know why this made me laugh so much

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

overmind2000 posted:

He's done it before, it's relatively common for him to just start going into whatever stuff he's thinking about or learned about recently.

Can't tell if this chapter was trying to tell us that Enya and Hermes are rock women or not, and I thought the Devil's Palm was specifically a result of the corpse parts and/or the stand meteor but I guess now it is the result of rock humans setting up a special place, so idk how that relates to Jesus and the impact site and man that's a lot of retconning stuff lol

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Ermes, Enya, Darlene Love(?), all known Rock People.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
thinking about this amazing lineup of human (homo sapiens) "women"

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
starting to think Araki has actually gone senile

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

somepartsareme posted:

starting to think Araki has actually gone senile

i've yet to read the last few chapters but realistically araki was already senile before and now he's finally coming to his senses

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

based on what little of the spoilered stuff i read: maybe araki is pulling a fast one on us and parts 7-8 are actually prequels to 1-6 in terms of the universe loops

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Johnny Joestar posted:

based on what little of the spoilered stuff i read: maybe araki is pulling a fast one on us and parts 7-8 are actually prequels to 1-6 in terms of the universe loops

I've been suspecting this for a long time. I bet it's gonna turn out that it's all a closed loop

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I'm not keeping up with Part 8 at all until it's finished, but Araki's always had chapters which are just 'now for some lengthy exposition, right before the finale'. Does nobody remember the life and times of the Pillar Men, right before the showdown with Kars?

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Yeah, this is that good crazy. That panel of what'shisface and a few other rock people(new enemies?) approaching the town from the woods had some real Titan energy, just something vaguely disturbing about it.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Johnny Joestar posted:

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

I've been suspecting this for a long time. I bet it's gonna turn out that it's all a closed loop

If that's actually what ends up happening then the last chapter of JoJolion needs to end with Emporio sitting in the car listening to Irene talk about how awesome Morioh is and that they're planning to visit Holly after their trip to Florida is over.

Then the car stops and they pick up another hitchhiker. Suprise! It's Foo Fighters!

Make it happen Araki, this chance will never come again :argh:

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Jul 17, 2020

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

overmind2000 posted:

*skips the slow paced half-chapter of a baby being left in the woods and crawling inside wasps* duhh

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

yeah actually they will posted:

*skips the slow paced half-chapter of a baby being left in the woods and crawling inside wasps* duhh

I didn't skip it, I just didn't like it. I wanted to see more of the weird floor bug and old man stand fight :smith:

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Those first few pages were a lot, to say the least. :stare:

The fact that Araki has made the rock humans so aggressively individualistic makes me think of how Josuke benefiting from the kindness of strangers and loved ones he's forgotten contrasts so starkly.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Araki: *typing furiously* are....women.....home sapiens.....

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

You know, as for actual events, pretty much nothing happened except that we finally got the stand name

But we got some backstory for Rai

And

"Oh, by the way, rock humans mature for 17 years in the hollowed-out corpses of giant hornet queens"
:black101:

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

Funky Valentine posted:

Araki: *typing furiously* are....women.....home sapiens.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTh1woTmDqs&t=47s

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

holy poo poo this takes a hard left turn 3 minutes in i cant fuckin breathe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

https://twitter.com/steohsama/status/1283208030927060992