Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
People in One Piece who have survived decapitation:
- Pound
- Crocodile (actually I think ViVi threw her chakrams into his face, not his neck, but maybe Doflamingo decapitated him with wires?)
- Doflamingo
- Kanjuro

People in One Piece who have died of decapitation:
- Roger (flashback)

Luffy doesn't count cause he was never actually decapitated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Did they decapitate roger? I thought the two marine executioners just rammed the blades into his heart.

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

God damn it, where are my ant keys?! I'm gonna miss my flight!
Buggy? I wanna say Buggy. I know he’s immune but I don’t know if he’s ever been specifically decapitated in the series.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

- Pound
- Crocodile (actually I think ViVi threw her chakrams into his face, not his neck, but maybe Doflamingo decapitated him with wires?)
- Doflamingo
- Kanjuro

- Roger (flashback)

tbf we never saw Pound get anything under than a guy looming over him with a sword, and Kanjuro didn't survive being decapitated because a drawing of him was

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
I think orochi is still alive there's some good irony to be mined in the fact that betraying his clan is basically when undid oden's clan so betraying orochi is going to cause kaido's undoing too

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

- Roger (flashback)

He didnt get decapitated, he was impaled in the chest.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

- Pound
- Doflamingo
- Kanjuro

- Roger (flashback)

Croc does not really count cause he is a logia. Doflamingo was not decapitated, it was a marionette made of string that was. Kanjuro was just a copy.

Pound was just slashed at most.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I am not actually creating a serious list.

Also, wait, what the gently caress, Roger's wasn't decapitated?????

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Orochi’s probably gonna turn into his Yamata-no-Orochi form with one of its heads gone

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Orochi will be the next crew member.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

https://twitter.com/AshitanoGin/status/1284671845812318208

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.

Have they brought in new animators? It lokks great.

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

The Wano arc has a new animation director, and while the series has never looked better, this kinda art is still the exception.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Angry Lobster posted:

I think the head animator’s been the same new guy since the start of Wano. The clips I’ve seen look amazing but also like he still has to work under the constrains that, you know, no modern shonen has to anymore, which makes you wonder how his stuff would look going through 2-3 chapters an episode. :(

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

It would be pretty funny if the anime suddenly became amazing after 2 literal decades.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Libra posted:

It would be pretty funny if the anime suddenly became amazing after 2 literal decades.

Nah, the pacing is still awful.

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

I mean if they suddenly dropped the one chapter = one episode thing.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

As far as I can tell all the animation budget for Wano has gone into making Zoro look cool, and that’s a real positive.

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012
Wano has actually been pretty decent so far in the anime. Some clunker episodes here and there, the pacing can still be pretty bad, but overall they've been doing a better job for this arc than they've done in like 6-7 years. They even did some sidestory and filler stuff that fit in seamlessly to the narrative and even enhanced it.

Plus the new artstyle is perfect, it suits One Piece really well.

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

As far as I can tell all the animation budget for Wano has gone into making Zoro look cool, and that’s a real positive.

Zoro focused episodes have been getting most of the love though, he even has this little gambling story that's anime only and it's actually really great. Plus do yourself a favour and listen to any scene Orochi's in, the VA they chose for him is fantastic.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

i am tim! posted:

Buggy? I wanna say Buggy. I know he’s immune but I don’t know if he’s ever been specifically decapitated in the series.

Mihawk technically decapitated him. In that he sliced him up in every possible way, and decapitation was part of it.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Asuron posted:

Wano has actually been pretty decent so far in the anime. Some clunker episodes here and there, the pacing can still be pretty bad, but overall they've been doing a better job for this arc than they've done in like 6-7 years. They even did some sidestory and filler stuff that fit in seamlessly to the narrative and even enhanced it.

Plus the new artstyle is perfect, it suits One Piece really well.

Zoro focused episodes have been getting most of the love though, he even has this little gambling story that's anime only and it's actually really great. Plus do yourself a favour and listen to any scene Orochi's in, the VA they chose for him is fantastic.

I’m not being sarcastic. I think the Dragon Twister sequence early on in the arc, the fight with Hawkins, and this most recent clip are all really well done.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Angry Lobster posted:

I believe the animation director is the same one for the Dragonball Super Broly film.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
If anyone's going to survive decapitation it's the guy with 8 heads

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Snazzy Frocks posted:

If anyone's going to survive decapitation it's the guy with 8 heads

Do those still count of the other 7 are still in Zoan hammerspace?

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

Asuron posted:

I just watched an episode and he's really giving it his all, isn't he? It's like they asked him to come up with a voice for his giant nasty monster form but then had him use it for regular Orochi too.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Caidin posted:

Do those still count of the other 7 are still in Zoan hammerspace?

all possible signs point to yes

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

It's a mythical zoan, which means it has an additional paramecia-like power that has yet to be revealed. Wouldn't be surprised if it means he has to die 8 times to actually die or some other similar power.

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

His special mythical bonus power a sword in his butt.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

don't assume it's a sword cause only the hilts showing.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Kaido is just powering Orochi up for the upcoming battle.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
It would be kind of funny if you have to decapitate Orochi 8 times to kill him, but he's had it done several times before already. So he thinks he's actually unable to be killed by decapitation, but Kaido just gave him the 7th cut.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

i am tim! posted:

The Wano arc has a new animation director, and while the series has never looked better, this kinda art is still the exception.

Oh haha. On a whim I watched this episode of One piece last night because I was curious to see if they kept up the good animation, I guess I sauntered in at another cash drop

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Meme Emulator posted:

Oh haha. On a whim I watched this episode of One piece last night because I was curious to see if they kept up the good animation, I guess I sauntered in at another cash drop

It's not money that makes the show look good. It's scheduling. They had Takashi Kojima available to do that Zoro fight scene.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

zoro final powerup gonna be to eat the sword-sword fruit and become a sword wielding 3 other swords through ??????

...it was a joke but i'd 100% watch a non-canon movie where he does this

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747
Big mom and kaido in theory shouldn’t have a clue where any of the ancient weapons are, I wonder if we’ll see which one they were gunning for. The fact they can’t just run through and grab the one piece as is and need ancient weapons says a lot too

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

Professorjuggalo posted:

Big mom and kaido in theory shouldn’t have a clue where any of the ancient weapons are, I wonder if we’ll see which one they were gunning for.

Caribou knows about Poseidon and it's entirely possible he spilled the beans

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Kaido has no chance of getting the One Piece or Ancient Weapons cause he doesn't have a big hat. The only players are Luffy, Big Mom, Blackbeard and Im.

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

He might own a big hat but he can't wear it due to his horns.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Fawf posted:

Caribou knows about Poseidon and it's entirely possible he spilled the beans

I doubt it's either Poseidon or Pluton. Both would require back tracking to get to and both involve people that Luffy and co. would definitely go back for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
The way they were talking made it seem like the ancient weapons and One Piece are connected somehow.