Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Alright gang lets talk about how "heroes" using sleeping gas to neutralize a giant walking unstoppable death machine WAS NOT COOL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I don't think Gigantomachia needs to worry much about brain damage.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Rhonne posted:

Momo successfully knocks Gigantomachia out only for Toga to drink some of Mt. Lady's blood and turn into her and use her quirk to carry them all(including a napping Gigantomachia) to where Shigaraki is.

Hell, I'd believe it.

Roland Jones posted:

The manga then cuts to the real hero we need: Shinsou, using his weird voice-changing mask thing to sound like Shigaraki and get a reaction from Machia so his brainwashing works.

This sounds like a plausible way for Gigantomachia to be beaten, if not now then later.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Shinsou could even do that to Shigaraki.

Well, until All For One’s consciousness inevitably subsumed his and took control.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

kidcoelacanth posted:

the one to save the day should be whatever hero in this menagerie is able to stick someone in place and stop them from moving. i can't think of anyone though

Unfortunately that wouldn't work since you'd need some material/surface stronger than Gigantamachia to stick him too. Even if you stick him to himself he'd just tear his own skin off to get free.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
Okay I was pretty down on the class fights and Momo but the hand-wringing about the knockout gas plan is pretty ridiculous.

The whole idea of a group of super powered law enforcement/vigilantes going around brutalizing criminals is already hosed up on its face but we bought into it in order to enjoy this superhero comic, let's not just suddenly decide to stop the suspension of disbelief here.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Mystic Mongol posted:

Do you know how much anasthetic gas, and in what density, you need to knock out Gigantomachia in a seven count without causing brain damage? Remember that his body weight keeps changing.

(This is an awful plan from any angle, good luck Creati!)

Honestly, figuring out the exact dosage on the fly is one of the few things that it's been well established Momo wouldn't have trouble with. One of her main character traits is being a super genius who can remember the atomic composition of artillery cannons and figure out how to make electronic equipment from nothing. Just figuring out the dosage for knockout gas is relatively reasonable in comparison.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

These internships sure have increased in danger exponentially.

1st Internship: Patrol the streets.
2nd: Take down the Yakuza.
3rd: Frontline soldier of a civil war.

Were not even into Year 2 yet!

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Sub Harrison posted:

Can't wait for Midoriya to take down a dictatorship as part of graduation.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

Hotter take we get enveloped into a Banana Republic Arc.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

"Is this going be on the test?" A student asks as a pro hero is socked hard enough to fly past them and break a wall.

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!
I'm of the belief that, especially since Midnight called them out as illegal and because it sounds like a good idea, Momo won't use tranquilizers to bring him down. It's gotta be a red herring so we'll be impressed by her ingenuity and leadership right?

She's not just gonna spend all of her creation budget on an oversized and inefficient cannon again... Right?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Let's be real the cannon wasn't the problem in her previous fight.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
Momo's loss against the power of 'hand big' has taught her all she needs to know and will now defeat 'body big'.

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!
The net result of this is going to be Gigant dragging Mt Lady, Kamui Woods, and Momo With a Howtizer For Some Reason.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Sub Harrison posted:

Their final exam is going to be wild.

Zomborgon posted:

"Is this going be on the test?" A student asks as a pro hero is socked hard enough to fly past them and break a wall.

"Hey, the hero I was interning with got reduced to dust, is this going to effect my grade?"

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

You just know alien warlords are gonna get involved somewhere down the line.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Supersonic Shine posted:

You just know alien warlords are gonna get involved somewhere down the line.

Looking for the Opposite-Of-Life Equation or the Endless Stones.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Annointed posted:

Hotter take we get enveloped into a Banana Republic Arc.

That arc happens during the Gap year.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Paracelsus posted:

That arc happens during the Gap year.

Then there's the next and final timeskip, after which the 1A/B students are Forever 21

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

thetoughestbean posted:

Where’s Godzillo, the Godzilla based hero when you need him

Terrorizing American coastlines, probably.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I remember joking in the first season of the anime that Bones was going to do an anime-original ending where it's revealed that quirks came from aliens and the final shot is their fleet coming into orbit around earth, after All Might is revealed to be one.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Fabricated posted:

I remember joking in the first season of the anime that Bones was going to do an anime-original ending where it's revealed that quirks came from aliens and the final shot is their fleet coming into orbit around earth, after All Might is revealed to be one.

Obviously it's going to be Mina. She tried to tell us from the beginning! Her hero name was going to be Alien Queen!

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Rhonne posted:

Obviously it's going to be Mina. She tried to tell us from the beginning! Her hero name was going to be Alien Queen!

I forget, have we ever seen what Mina’s family looks like? I’m not sure if she’s actually an alien/monster or if she just looks like that because of her Quirk.

Either way it wouldn't be that out of place in this series since we've seen people with bird heads, snake heads, a talking mouse, Asui's dad is a humanoid frog, a literal wolfman in the most recent movie and probably more I'm forgetting.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Jul 21, 2020

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I wanna see Tokoyami's parents

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I think i read somewhere that Mina's skin didn't turn pink until her acid quirk started coming in.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Sometimes people in this universe just look weird. Tokoyami is a bird irrespective of his quirk.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

The thing that really hosed me up about Tokoyami was learning that his head is covered in hair, not feathers.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

What the gently caress

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
This series is banned

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
He does have teeth under that beak, as we've seen more than once. I don't see how this is that surprising.

The real question is if his beak is real, and what it's made out of if it is. There's a distinct possibility that one day we're going to see Tokoyami's family and they're all going to be covered in hair like that one 1-B kid, and Tokoyami just looks the way he does thanks to a prosthetic beak and hair gel.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Rhonne posted:

The thing that really hosed me up about Tokoyami was learning that his head is covered in hair, not feathers.

I choose to ignore this

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

I'm gonna assume the beak's a beak and disregard the hair. He's a bird and definitely not some noseless Voldemort dude.

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747
all the body horror in this manga and tokoyami ends up creeping me out the most

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Shere posted:

The net result of this is going to be Gigant dragging Mt Lady, Kamui Woods, and Momo With a Howtizer For Some Reason.

Can’t she only make things small enough to come out of her body? Though I guess he could make all of the individual parts and put it together.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Professorjuggalo posted:

all the body horror in this manga and tokoyami ends up creeping me out the most

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Tokoyami after a haircut:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Rhonne posted:

No sir, I don't like this.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Can't believe we've got to wait 2 weeks to see how bad Momo will fail.

Maybe they'll cut back to Shigiraki and it can all be resolved off screen?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

serious gaylord posted:

Can't believe we've got to wait 2 weeks to see how bad Momo will fail.

Maybe they'll cut back to Shigiraki and it can all be resolved off screen?

She'll fail, but somehow kill Dabi. By herself.. That's her win.