Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Tis my birfday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Was settling into groove at new job before covid. Had to leave when I tested positive. Months later, still testing positive without antibodies so I’ve been pretty annoyed at people’s responses during this time.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Aside from the constant stress headaches because I'm incapable of processing or coping with the despair I'm constantly feeling I'm alright. You?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Skull tassels

https://twitter.com/Sherndon226/status/1286325157796237313?s=19

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

please allow me to view the pictures. i will do anything

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

CobiWann posted:

Summer 2020 stress check.

How's everyone holding up?

I have a good job in health care and we've adjusted to COVID pretty well, but I'm waiting for the inevitable cuts under our stupid austerity government.

Otherwise I'm healthy and I guess things are fine, though it's been a busy/stressful week and I'm ready for the weekend already.

We had a nice trip to Jasper a couple weeks back and I mostly wish I was back out there climbing mountains with my dog.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Dangerous Person posted:

Tis my birfday

happy birthday

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Dangerous Person posted:

Tis my birfday

Hbd

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

hbd

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Dangerous Person posted:

Tis my birfday

Happy barsday

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
You goons are kind

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
Happy birthday!

I’m buying too many things with my stress. It is not out of hand but it could be; I would like to not be a dumb dummy dummaroo with my cash.

Also my school board voted to start this semester entirely online so *phew*

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Happy Birthday!

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.

CobiWann posted:

Summer 2020 stress check.

How's everyone holding up?

Mostly recovered from my nervous breakdown beginning of the year, quit weed and started taking antidepressants. Had a pretty chill job working at a gas station before my back gave out again so that sucks.

On the bright side my dad came out as trans and my mom was pretty accepting of it.

Dangerous Person posted:

Tis my birfday

Happy Birthday!

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

big dog

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Watched the house that jack built and enjoyed it, though the ending was way better than the rest. Watching Melancholia now, and it had a beautiful opening but it’s really dragging.

Movies about rich people being sad just don’t do it for me, I can’t imagine myself ever caring what wealthy people go through at all.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I wish that I saw Melancholia in a theater for that ending

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Melancholia is a perfect movie imo, love it. Saw it in theaters when I was in college. Kiersten Dunst is from my town

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I’m still watching and I don’t hate it but I do wish it had more going on, the opening was so different.

edit: it’s getting better now

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

ya theres quite a bit more to it than just 'rich people being sad' which is probably the last thing on earth von trier would want to make a movie about

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

i cant bring myself to start up Da Classic here and get into why trier stinky (to me) but man...melancholia is the one i like the least. maybe dogtown and the sequel are worse. by a bit. the experience of seeing the restored full cut of nymphomaniac in the theater and laughing hysterically at the scene where the black men talk about how using the n word is ok actually and very cool to do, was fun. anti christ #1, dancer in the dark #2

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

yea ok posted:

ya theres quite a bit more to it than just 'rich people being sad' which is probably the last thing on earth von trier would want to make a movie about

i’m going in completely blind so like the whole planet exploding beginning and them suddenly a long and dull wedding confused me

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Paper Lion posted:

i cant bring myself to start up Da Classic here and get into why trier stinky (to me) but man...melancholia is the one i like the least. maybe dogtown and the sequel are worse. by a bit. the experience of seeing the restored full cut of nymphomaniac in the theater and laughing hysterically at the scene where the black men talk about how using the n word is ok actually and very cool to do, was fun. anti christ #1, dancer in the dark #2

he's a stinker of a thinker but i enjoy his bull poo poo that he films

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

He's very good at movies that are very good and have messages that are really dumb and bad.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Ooh! Ooh! All right, ya see? It shocks you, it shocks you, to see what's buried beneath, you stupid mother fuckers! - lars von trier

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

When that animatronic Fox talks in Antichrist I always bust out laughing

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

thats why its his best one. the first act is actually kinda decent at setting mood and tone, dafoe and gainsborogh are surprisingly restrained for both the director and the material at hand (despite the hilarious stunt cock in the prologue) and then suddenly he turns on a dime, the fox talks, the viewer busts out laughing. you realize he has done you the courtesy of deliberately signaling to you "its going to be bad now. this is where i decided to stop trying and just make it dumb and stupid now." you have to respect that kind of honesty.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Paper Lion posted:

thats why its his best one. the first act is actually kinda decent at setting mood and tone, dafoe and gainsborogh are surprisingly restrained for both the director and the material at hand (despite the hilarious stunt cock in the prologue) and then suddenly he turns on a dime, the fox talks, the viewer busts out laughing. you realize he has done you the courtesy of deliberately signaling to you "its going to be bad now. this is where i decided to stop trying and just make it dumb and stupid now." you have to respect that kind of honesty.

Didn’t think have a stunt dick because Dafoe’s penis is unbelievably large and it looked too silly?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it was because his penis decapitated vic morrow

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
william defoe had a penis enlarging surgery in the 70s where they injected his own body fat into the shaft, and over the years the fat has all settled into the distal end of the penis, making it look silly

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

dontnod's new game about a trans man and his twin sister going back to their childhood home and most likely dealing with lots of drama about their upbringings is coming out in late august and will be available on the one dollar xbox pc game pass thing unless they revoke that deal before then. it might be gauche to post this here thinking there are wrestling friends who might be interested in looking up the game or filing it away to see if they don't make an embarrassing narrative but i hope for either no reaction or a lukewarm one to this post if that's the case. i don't try to be dumb or annoying. the game is called Tell Me Why

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Cavauro posted:

dontnod's new game about a trans man and his twin sister going back to their childhood home and most likely dealing with lots of drama about their upbringings is coming out in late august and will be available on the one dollar xbox pc game pass thing unless they revoke that deal before then. it might be gauche to post this here thinking there are wrestling friends who might be interested in looking up the game but i hope for either no reaction or a lukewarm one if that's the case. i don't try to be dumb or annoying. the game is called Tell Me Why

I just saw something on this. Apparently it's by the Life is Strange developer. It's actually the only thing announced from XBox I was interested in.

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

i missed the xbox thing today but say pics of that game and thought "this looks like life is strange" so yeah, not surprised its by dontnod. i liked LiS a lot but i heard some people didnt like the ending. idk. also saw that there was a trailer that used a sad somber cover of x gonna give it to ya which made me lol a lot. what a world. mad world. gary jules.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i have to edit every post that i've made or else it starts feeling more and more uncomfortable. basically if you remember in pokemon gold and silver, the gym leader who had 'Miltank' the cow pokemon. it would use the move 'Rollout' which would get stronger and stronger the more it happened, until you could do nothing to stop it. you had to do something to 'edit' it or something like that, figuratively.

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Jul 24, 2020

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

they drink the milk. from miltank. moo moo milk. pretty weird stuff in those games.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Though unavailable as an item in Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon, Miltank is said to deliver Moomoo Milk to the residents of Lively Town. After the epilogue, Miltank recruits the town's gangsters Krookodile and Krokorok to help her with her work.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Cavauro posted:

i have to edit every post that i've made or else it starts feeling more and more uncomfortable. basically if you remember in pokemon gold and silver, the gym leader who had 'Miltank' the cow pokemon. it would use the move 'Rollout' which would get stronger and stronger the more it happened, until you could do nothing to stop it. you had to do something to 'edit' it or something like that, figuratively.

The issue was Miltank also has a fuckton of HP so Rollout becoming a one-hit KO for all your Pokemon was very likely to happen.

Pokemon Gold was the first video game I ever bought. Bye

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Bye dude. [hollering extremely loud] paralyze and sleep. The battle moves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

*wakes up, from sleep* oh yea h I think that Miltank also had an HP recovery move that it used liberally lol really fun combo