Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

lightpole posted:

Half the fun of twitch are the constant trolls of the streamers to provoke a reaction and watch them roll with it. Even major streamers carefully curating their community are subject to it.

And you think a bunch of army officers and NCOs are capable of handling twitch chat? If they were, they wouldn't have made the military a career.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".
Twitch chat is a cesspool, learning how to control it would probably be a good screen for that demographic.

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009
How the hell is the budget wide enough for streamers but so tight they have to do fake giveaways?

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

CommunityEdition posted:

How the hell is the budget wide enough for streamers but so tight they have to do fake giveaways?

:lol:

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

CommunityEdition posted:

different pots of money

This is a joke but probably accurate.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

CommunityEdition posted:

Wait, are they actually paying streamers? I thought the military had PR officers and stuff for this?

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

Defenestrategy posted:

Wait, are they actually paying streamers? I thought the military had PR officers and stuff for this?

Look you think SSGBigDawg1stCav just made that name up? No sir, he earned that name after six weeks of basic

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

https://twitter.com/orangewaldo/status/1286405521474371584?s=20

Fuckin yikes

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Kicked out? more like promoted ahead of peers.

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

Cool green on green fuuuuuck that dude.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
LMAO what did he think the end result of threatening the armorer was going to be?

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
According to the armorer it was all a prank and the rounds aren’t real. Doesn’t mean it’s not phenomenally stupid and the former SPC isn’t a racist jerk. He refuses to name whoever filmed it and handled the M9.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

mlmp08 posted:

According to the armorer it was all a prank and the rounds aren’t real. Doesn’t mean it’s not phenomenally stupid and the former SPC isn’t a racist jerk. He refuses to name whoever filmed it and handled the M9.

Ah, yes, "rounds aren't real". Bet Brandon Lee would get a laugh out of that one.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
"Treat every gun as if it's loaded, unless you loaded it with dummy rounds, in which case hey, go nuts and have a lol".

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
https://www.military.com/daily-news/2020/07/28/tiktok-showing-soldier-pointing-loaded-pistol-buddy-prompts-army-probe.html

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Wingnut Ninja posted:

"Treat every gun as if it's loaded, unless you loaded it with dummy rounds, in which case hey, go nuts and have a lol".

Trust Game 2: Tiktok Boogaloo

EvenWorseOpinions
Jun 10, 2017

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

the crayon and backwards letters send this over the top into actual greatness

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

I admire the effort if not the result, although really the result is funny too.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
The best part is that as he ages it'll look all the more childish as the letters stretch out and get even more hosed up.

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

Oh Jesus. That's brilliant in its own special way :v:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
It's so stupid it wraps around to being brilliant and then keeps going right back into stupid again.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
They couldn’t have thrown a misspelling or two in there?

movax
Aug 30, 2008

brb asking jeff to increase priority of feature request to get pictures as thread titles

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Ugly In The Morning posted:

My only complaint is that it lacks a "smeper fi."

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
He's a marnie

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.
What's the over under on what body part that is?

I'm taking dibs on rear end.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Wild T posted:

Impossible to calculate that proposition.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
That made me realize that "oorah" backwards is "haroo". Maybe the marines should make that their new motto.

HAROO! :)

EvenWorseOpinions
Jun 10, 2017

Wild T posted:

This question has troubled me since I first saw this image.

Noting the hints of varicose veins just to the right of 'fight', the hairs to the left of the bottom 'he's', and what looks like skin folds up above the tattoo, my best guess would be 'I have no clue where this fits in on the anatomy of a normal person'

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Well, it's Marines, so they probably thought there were.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

MrUnderbridge posted:

Well, it's Marines, so they probably thought there were.

"I intentionally misspelled comittment, see?"

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Gargamel Gibson posted:

That made me realize that "oorah" backwards is "haroo". Maybe the marines should make that their new motto.

Nixon’s Own.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Gargamel Gibson posted:

they'd just all sound like dick nixon in futurama

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

Well let's be real here, he does sound like a Marine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDTiZoWWvG8

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

EvenWorseOpinions posted:

Noting the hints of varicose veins just to the right of 'fight', the hairs to the left of the bottom 'he's', and what looks like skin folds up above the tattoo, my best guess would be 'I have no clue where this fits in on the anatomy of a normal person'

I think it's the kidney zone, second guess male underboob

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

The Rat posted:

Well let's be real here, he does sound like a Marine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDTiZoWWvG8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHoqWQB3Cp4

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

EvenWorseOpinions posted:

Could be non-ironic moto on dependa anatomy. That changes things somewhat.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Not explicitly military, but I saw this and immediately thought of this thread because this is an extremely enlistment bonus move.

https://twitter.com/AltersReality88/status/1290337003100344320

28% APR, more or less 1.2k every month until 2028 :allears:

Gyro Zeppeli fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Aug 4, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Not explicitly military, but I saw this and immediately thought of this thread because this is an extremely enlistment bonus move.

28% APR, more or less 1.2k every month until 2028 :allears:

10 bucks that car is repo'd or totaled in under a year.