Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

https://twitter.com/HeerJeet/status/1287221427725201409?s=19

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
The New New Pictures Thread: it's racist to ignore these small but relevant black penises

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

https://twitter.com/jabriella/status/1288000191946264576?s=19

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Yeah man, how dare she make up fanciful names for a child that she will never have after finding out they are likely infertile. This is definitely a normal and healthy thing to attack another human for.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

Yeah man, how dare she make up fanciful names for a child that she will never have after finding out they are likely infertile. This is definitely a normal and healthy thing to attack another human for.

On the other hand, the names are stupid and embarrassing. That’s sad though.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Giving your children poo poo rear end stupid names is literally child abuse and I'm glad it's illegal here. Also the backstory Owlofcreamcheese seems to know is not in that pic so :shrug:

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

SeANMcBAY posted:

On the other hand, the names are stupid and embarrassing. That’s sad though.

I don't know what the benefit is of being super mad and conservative about other people's names to begin with but like, what good is mocking some poor woman for making up fun whimsical names for the child she just learned she's never going to have?

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Giving your children poo poo rear end stupid names is literally child abuse and I'm glad it's illegal here. Also the backstory Owlofcreamcheese seems to know is not in that pic so :shrug:

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Okay, that’s pretty lovely then to crop that out for Twitter dunks. That person is obviously not well.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Not being able to have a kid doesn't change the fact those are poo poo loving names and the kid will hate you forever

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

More trash for the trash fire

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

I don't know what the benefit is of being super mad and conservative about other people's names to begin with but like, what good is mocking some poor woman for making up fun whimsical names for the child she just learned she's never going to have?

Ok now i feel bad about making fun of them, this is just sad. It’s a very different thing to consider knowing you’ll never have kids and not think through the practical implication of naming your kid Calamity (which IMO is a pretty good name). This isn’t the same thing as
Laykynnnnnn
Gayayan
Joyslenannnn
Pregnant lady

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord
honestly who cares either way? Like there are names I like or dislike but I honestly don't get the point of being ultra conservative about names. Like I get certain names are signifiers of certain unpopular groups, but I honestly don't get why people make such a thing about policing names. Like if you hate a certain group making them named john and emily isn't going to make that group go away.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
I wouldn't say these are more or less embarrassing than naming your kids after comic book or video game characters.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Freakazoid_ posted:

I wouldn't say these are more or less embarrassing than naming your kids after comic book or video game characters.

The biggest problem my son Spider-Man faces is that I refuse to let him go out with anyone but our 65 year old neighbor, Mary Jane.

MeinPanzer
Dec 20, 2004
anyone who reads Cinema Discusso for anything more than slackjawed trolling will see the shittiness in my posts
People who get worked up about "dumb" or "fake" names almost always do so over "trashy" (i.e. lower class white) names, "hippy" names, or "black" names, but only the last category gets called out for its shittiness. Arguments made about any one of those categories can be applied to the others, so before you go making fun of Coral Clove or Jayssyn or whatever, ask if you would do the same about someone named, say, Shaniqua.

Ultimately, these are just cultural and/or class differences, and it's pretty lovely to go after someone for how they name their children.

MeinPanzer fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Jul 29, 2020

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

MeinPanzer posted:

People who get worked up about "dumb" or "fake" names almost always do so over "trashy" (i.e. lower class white) names, "hippy" names, or "black" names, but only the last category gets called out for its shittiness. Arguments made about any one of those categories can be applied to the others, so before you go making fun of Coral Clove or Jayssyn or whatever, ask if you would do the same about someone named, say, Janayquan.

Ultimately, these are just cultural and/or class differences, and it's pretty lovely to go after someone for how they name their children.

Ehhh

Every generation/cohort there are a bunch of names which you can easily associate with low socio economic status

It's lovely to make fun of someone for being low SES but it's also lovely to strap your kid with one of those names because they are a measurable drag on upward mobility

Of course, the people doing it probably don't know this and may not care even if they did (and believed it) but it's still lovely to put a completely unnecessary drag on your kid's success

It's not as simple as you want it to be

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

The Bloop posted:

Ehhh

Every generation/cohort there are a bunch of names which you can easily associate with low socio economic status

It's lovely to make fun of someone for being low SES but it's also lovely to strap your kid with one of those names because they are a measurable drag on upward mobility

Of course, the people doing it probably don't know this and may not care even if they did (and believed it) but it's still lovely to put a completely unnecessary drag on your kid's success

It's not as simple as you want it to be

I don’t think the solution is to demand people give their kids more traditional white Christian names, you can like or not like a name, but don’t be lovely about people’s names under some stupid cover of pretending it’s not you that care but some amorphous other that simply is inescapable.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

I don’t think the solution is to demand people give their kids more traditional white Christian names, you can like or not like a name, but don’t be lovely about people’s names under some stupid cover of pretending it’s not you that care but some amorphous other that simply is inescapable.

Oh, right, i remember now why the D&D pictures thread had a no text rule

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.
Calcifer Coal is a pro-tier Ghibli name for your child and

litany of gulps
Jun 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Jaxyon posted:

Calcifer Coal is a pro-tier Ghibli name for your child and

Whoa buddy, that's actually a name from a British children's book

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

DJ Chrystanthros Lilum on the ones and twos

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Would have been much better to come up with pun names.

Luminous Ethan

Pixie Harmony

Oliver Kevin Coral

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003

ba'athoven

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I like to check foxnews.com once a day just to see what the parallel world is paying attention to, and on days where the news is real bad for Trump it's fun to see what they're leading with instead. The standard bad Trump news day go-to is a header of scowling John Durham with Bob Barr behind him talking about how shits about to come out (I literally have no idea what he's supposed to be investigating) but today, with the Q2 report and the "delay the election" tweet, we're at full Soros

https://twitter.com/yashar/status/1288830689660420096

Well I was already planning a Tunisian vacation so feh on you

zoux fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Jul 30, 2020

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a little bit taller
I wish I was a baller
I wish I had a wookie in a hat with a bat
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

Is that an argument for or against Joe Biden’s gaffes? Could go either way, honestly.

Edit: This is some Rorschach test poo poo right here.

generic one fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Aug 7, 2020

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

why is his left hand metallic

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde

generic one posted:

Is that an argument for or against Joe Biden’s gaffes?

Yes

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Kith posted:

why is his left hand metallic

Medusa's butt turns you to lead.

The Artificial Kid
Feb 22, 2002
Plibble

3D Megadoodoo posted:

All names are stupid and made up.

The Artificial Kid
Feb 22, 2002
Plibble
This Dr. Anton i-Fau Qi sounds like a dangerous character.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

https://twitter.com/getfiscal/status/1291521915551711232

The Artificial Kid posted:

All names are stupid and made up.

Not all names will get your kid beat up at school. That should be a real consideration parents take into account.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
Ok Asswípè settle down

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/Your_Pal_Billy/status/1291744547521867776?s=20

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
https://twitter.com/bendashper/status/1291471706989776897

Tommah
Mar 29, 2003

https://twitter.com/wogoat/status/1291600228974354432?s=19