Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
numeracy
This poll is closed.
s*x n*mb*r 69 0.22%
w@@d n_mb_r 420 1.34%
Jeb! number 538 1.72%
Biden numbr 30330 96.72%
Total: 31357 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Cromulent_Chill
Apr 6, 2009

Euphoriaphone posted:

So let's say Biden wins this year, then runs for re-election. Who gives a poo poo about superdelegates in 2024? It's not gonna be a contested primary in that scenario.

Libs will probably argue "Biden is only running for one term!" but Biden has never claimed that. There's no reason not to assume Biden will run for 2 terms.

Hes going to be dead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4
everything just keeps getting worse. the hope of early 2020 is gone. the nation is in total disarray. i keep getting poorer, and older. the candle is nearly extinguished. depression lurks on the edges of my vision, i can feel its weight pressing upon me. the will to fight flits in and out of my mind only in that brief moment as sobriety leaves but drunkenness and lethargy are yet to take hold. the super dellys are back, lol. its just too much. all the pain of yesterday, the kids in cages, the transfer of wealth to the plutocrats, they remain and yet innumerable new terrors and woes wrack our bodies at the dawn of every day. i dont know what to do anymore.

witchy
Apr 23, 2019

one step forward one step back

Smythe posted:

everything just keeps getting worse. the hope of early 2020 is gone. the nation is in total disarray. i keep getting poorer, and older. the candle is nearly extinguished. depression lurks on the edges of my vision, i can feel its weight pressing upon me. the will to fight flits in out of my mind only in that brief moment as sobriety leaves but drunkenness and lethargy are yet to take hold. the super dellys are back, lol. its just too much. all the pain of yesterday, the kids in cages, the transfer of wealth to the plutocrats, they remain and yet innumerable new terrors and woes wrack our bodies at the new dawn of every day. i dont know what to do anymore.

:justpost:

Euphoriaphone
Aug 10, 2006

Killin_Like_Bronson posted:

Hes going to be dead

Either he dies during his first term, in which case his VP (Kamalol) runs in 2024 uncontested, or he dies in his second term in which case same thing except it's 2028 instead.

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

Smythe posted:

everything just keeps getting worse. the hope of early 2020 is gone. the nation is in total disarray. i keep getting poorer, and older. the candle is nearly extinguished. depression lurks on the edges of my vision, i can feel its weight pressing upon me. the will to fight flits in and out of my mind only in that brief moment as sobriety leaves but drunkenness and lethargy are yet to take hold. the super dellys are back, lol. its just too much. all the pain of yesterday, the kids in cages, the transfer of wealth to the plutocrats, they remain and yet innumerable new terrors and woes wrack our bodies at the dawn of every day. i dont know what to do anymore.

videogames are my escape *starts playing and the first audio log is exactly this*

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4
it sounds stupid and poo poo lol because it is really stupid, and obviously electoralism is a fraud and useless. the chad direct action, etc. but the demise of bernie this cycle really hurt. its so stupid lol. im such an idiot. but its something i cant really process. it is very painful, and there seems to be no way for my to excise this tumor of sorrow from my psyche. it has made me just a little sadder, probably for the rest of my life.

witchy
Apr 23, 2019

i dont think the us holds together under either biden or trump (albeit for different reasons)

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

Maya Fey posted:

videogames are my escape *starts playing and the first audio log is exactly this*

lol

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Smythe posted:

open a new line of credit

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Smythe posted:

it sounds stupid and poo poo lol because it is really stupid, and obviously electoralism is a fraud and useless. the chad direct action, etc. but the demise of bernie this cycle really hurt. its so stupid lol. im such an idiot. but its something i cant really process. it is very painful, and there seems to be no way for my to excise this tumor of sorrow from my psyche. it has made me just a little sadder, probably for the rest of my life.

that's entirely valid to be hurt by bernie this cycle. it felt like there was legitimately a chance for something good and different to happen in electoralism and bernie said he was going to fight for us and along side us and we're going to at least take the first step and we're going to have a movement.

then he hosed off and became a giant wimp unwilling to fight for anything at all. when the dust settled bernie's best was a meak whimper.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Smythe posted:

same. we had a sweet old man who just wanted to help everybody and he was rejected in favor of a huge creepy ghoul,

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Smythe posted:

It's not stupid, it's the emphatic and clear death of something we were all told was fundamental and had the chance to save us. Not just Bernie's campaign, but electoralism itself. Fill the void with direct action. You're a city slicker right? Hook up with your local DSA, see what they've got going on, and make contacts from there and become a mad anarchist or maoist or something, or just stay dem soc

It's easier to laugh about the macro-level doom that fills our every waking moment when you can reflect on some actually tangible good deeds like arming the homeless or dumping MDMA into the municipal water supply

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Smythe posted:

it's been made all the more painful in that Bernie has gone from being this paragon of hope for a lot of people into yet another backstabbing Judas, another guy that's out for your wallet and nothing more

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

Frog Act posted:

i've mentioned my succ brother here before and he's extremely well read within the narrow confines of american constitutional history, and i was over at his house watching his cats recently and the first book i saw when i walked in was Klein's new one on "polarization" that makes the insane claim that "polarization" is some kind of evo psych trait that is forcing the American people to entrench themselves in political positions that can actually be reconciled (by listening to people with hundreds of millions of dollars of mainstream funding)

i cannot comprehend the level of spineless acquiescence required for an otherwise intelligent person to find those poo poo arguments compelling

it's fear

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Maya Fey posted:

https://starwarsintrocreator.kassellabs.io/#!/CMDWTntWS4rVNQExGsw8

Epic High Five has issued a correction as of 21:48 on Jul 30, 2020

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

https://twitter.com/Vanessa_ABee/status/1288625094663733248

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

it also hurts that, if they could, the Democrats would immediately send Biden into cryogenic sleep/a fugue state/under the very tree where Rip Van Winkle once laid to rest in order to get, as mechanically and as bloodlessly as possible, their entire agenda through, which will more or less ensure that old wealth and the extremely landed make it through this with little more than a scratch on their chauffeur's face

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

Maya Fey posted:

lmao

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

Smythe posted:

have you tried engaging with brands?

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

*punches a hole clean through my diploma and crosses my arms, frowning*

witchy
Apr 23, 2019

I crack pinged when it became clear bernie would not actually put up a fight and my only reaction to him finally tapping out was "cowabunga it is". poo poo's hosed, grimly prepare for the incoming clusterfuck. At least you can see it coming, millions will wake up one day having lost everything and have no idea how or why.

witchy has issued a correction as of 21:48 on Jul 30, 2020

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
liberals.txt

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

hell yeah

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
lol bernie campaign begged poor people for their money for what is it now seven years straight?

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

:shepicide:

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

lol

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Dolphin posted:

liberals.txt

guys the way to stop trumo from delaying the vote, is to vote!!

https://twitter.com/DrDenaGrayson/status/1288819732695613446

lmao

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel

Maya Fey posted:

I can literally hear the Bioshock tape noise and vocal degredation when I read it now.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

dont worry if trup cancels the election, u just have 2 vote him out!!!

witchy
Apr 23, 2019

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole
Making it the white House is going to be used like obama getting a dog was to make it look like the dems are Getting Things Done.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

papa horny michael posted:

lol bernie campaign begged poor people for their money for what is it now seven years straight?

hey three houses ain't cheap

TheLemonOfIchabod
Aug 26, 2008

this has to be a joke

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

Smythe posted:

My dud have you heard of V I R G I N I A

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Smythe posted:

https://twitter.com/BarackObama/status/1288939275334057984?s=20

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe

Smythe posted:

u just gotta vote l,mao

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

Smythe posted:

the world is always about to end, just make sure it doesn't end for you and maybe you can help keep it from ending for those around you

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

Smythe posted:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

Bootleg Trunks posted:

My dud have you heard of V I R G I N I A

tattooing this in hexadecimal in the campaign colors on my loving forehead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4
i dont begrudge bernie personally. it was the abject cruelty of the state that really hurt. how ruthlessly they spun up such a hugely powerful propaganda machine to destroy someone advocating for only the most basic human decency. and for what? just so a handful of wealth extractors could get marginally richer. to cause so much human suffering for something as worthless as money. i cant understand it. they are killing us. they are killing the planet. it is so dark, so awful, so heartbreaking that i just cant come to terms with it. irreconcilable.