Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

There's enough going on that I can see Kanjuro just being dead. There's plenty of villains still to get through, including Big Mom's children.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
So their plan is to appear in the middle of the enemy army and kill the guy who can't be killed?

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

No Wave posted:

So their plan is to appear in the middle of the enemy army and kill the guy who can't be killed?

they admitted its a suicide mission with little chance of success, but theyll go through with it because of their loyalty to Oden.

47 ronin except they have a lord

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

If it's a 1v1, Kaido wins. Therefore a 9v1 is the key to victory.

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

No Wave posted:

They had to abandon the plan when they learned Kaido was about to execute Momo.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Yes, finally! I've been waiting eagerly for the battle against Kaidou to kick off properly, let's do this! :dance:

Gumbercules
Jan 12, 2004

These aren't my lamps. These have feet.

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

There's plenty of villains still to get through, including Big Mom's children.

They have at *least* two more trips down that waterfall when Big News Morgans and Pell show up, don't expect them any time soon..

logger
Jun 28, 2008

...and in what manner the Ancyent Marinere came back to his own Country.
Soiled Meat

Gumbercules posted:

They have at *least* two more trips down that waterfall when Big News Morgans and Pell show up, don't expect them any time soon..

Don't forget when they get stuck by lightning and fall down the waterfall when Enel makes his return.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

King...I was expecting the number 2 to be better than losing his grip on sword due to a pansy bullet...

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Angry Lobster posted:

Do clone drawings lay down on the dirt and bleed or do they dissappear when defeated?

From everything we've seen it's the latter

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.

Blockhouse posted:

From everything we've seen it's the latter

Then Kanjuro is most probably boned, and serves him right.

euphemism
Nov 16, 2015

be kind, don't rewind
honestly, oda might be glossing over things to speed things up at this point. he's skipped stuff he normally wouldn't in wano before like the sanji fight

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

he's either dragging things out for 1000 or condensing things for 1000

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

I am Kidds "THIS IS TOTALLY WORTH IT" face while he is strangling apuu

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Last Celebration posted:

Lol at Kaido’s expression, like a more subdued version of the “oh man oh jeez this is bad” one everyone had when Luffy got arrested. And I’m real glad that we’re just doing the smart thing and just dogpiling on Kaido but also worried because we’re doing the smart thing and dogpiling on Kaido only it’s way too soon for him to get hosed up yet

Among those attacking Kaido right now, Izo is the closest to a big name. This isn't going to be enough for anything other than officially starting the big fight. To take down Kaido they're going to need to include some combination of Luffy, Zoro, Kidd, Killer, and Law. Probably also need Momo's sister to show up with the other sword that belonged to Oden.

Also there's a real good chance that we need Tengu mask guy to show up and reveal who he is.

Ubiquitus posted:

What a chapter; surely the scabbards are gonna get hosed up though.
I am slightly surprised none of the beast pirates saw them coming through observation haki, but maybe there's just too much going on for that

They're having a big old party and you need to actively use it. Out of everyone we've seen use observation haki, Katakuri is probably the only person who would still be using it passively. The people looking for Yamoto were narrowly focused and are currently chasing a giant explosion to where they know Yamoto is anyway.

Speaking of which since the handcuffs actually did explode, Kaido is sending a real weird mix of good dad and terrible dad signals.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.

Gyges posted:

They're having a big old party and you need to actively use it. Out of everyone we've seen use observation haki, Katakuri is probably the only person who would still be using it passively. The people looking for Yamoto were narrowly focused and are currently chasing a giant explosion to where they know Yamoto is anyway.

Speaking of which since the handcuffs actually did explode, Kaido is sending a real weird mix of good dad and terrible dad signals.

Yamato's crying face when the handcuffs explode reminds me of Luffy when Ace dies in his arms. Super exaggerated and funny looking but deep down it's soul-crushing.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

AtomikKrab posted:

That’s not Apoo it’s just a random mook.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Gyges posted:

Among those attacking Kaido right now, Izo is the closest to a big name. This isn't going to be enough for anything other than officially starting the big fight. To take down Kaido they're going to need to include some combination of Luffy, Zoro, Kidd, Killer, and Law. Probably also need Momo's sister to show up with the other sword that belonged to Oden.

Also there's a real good chance that we need Tengu mask guy to show up and reveal who he is.

tengu mask guy is hitetsu the swordsmith

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
The real reason Kaido hooked back up with Big Mom is so that regardless of his own parenting style, he'll still look a good one while her presence brings the local average.

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

God damn it, where are my ant keys?! I'm gonna miss my flight!

Gyges posted:

Part of me kinda wants to believe he did it because he assumes Yamato is nigh indestructible like his old man, and so explosives like that wouldn’t actually hurt Yamato but stun him long enough for his crew to wrangle.

But it’s probably because he’s a poo poo person that would murder his own child for “insubordination”.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

AtomikKrab posted:

Is that Apoo, though? It just looks like some random mook to me.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

OK but the cover story page this week? THat's the funniest thing i've seen and 100% makes Pound not dying worth it

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

There was a translator's note in the version that got taken down that Luffy called Yamato, "Yama o" in the same way that he calls Law "Tora o," and the o means man or guy. "Tora o" is usually translated as Tra-guy, so I hope they go with Yama-guy or something like that. I just think it's nice and wholesome that Luffy's disrespectful nickname is explicitly masculine for Yamato.

mabels big day posted:

OK but the cover story page this week? THat's the funniest thing i've seen and 100% makes Pound not dying worth it
It really makes fools of the people (like myself) arguing that his death being undone was worth it for a sincere heartfelt reunion. As horrible as this development is for pound, I had to laugh too.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
kaidos a good dad dont worry about the explosion poo poo garp did similar nonsense

Somebody fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Aug 1, 2020

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

Forcing your son to wear exploding wristbands has become a popular trend among powerful dads.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Aug 1, 2020

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

tbp posted:

kaidos a good dad dont worry about the explosion poo poo garp did similar nonsense

Libra posted:

Forcing your son to wear exploding wristbands has become a popular trend among powerful dads.

A reminder to both of you to not talk about the fantranslation without spoilers until the official english translation comes out. Thanks.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
We've seen exploding neck collars and exploding wristbands, so who would use exploding ankle bracelets?

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

My money’s on Shanks; guy loves feet.

euphemism
Nov 16, 2015

be kind, don't rewind
dumb theory time: the next chapter will end with two scabbards dying because its chapter 9-8-7...

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Caidin posted:

The real reason Kaido hooked back up with Big Mom is so that regardless of his own parenting style, he'll still look a good one while her presence brings the local average.
Shouldve hooked up with Lowtax then

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

everything is moving so drat fast now. getting to this point could have been dragged out for like two chapters or more, easily. odas trying to get to something big, and fast. maybe the Marines will show up.

also, that off-screen quick death is not common for a named character like that. makes me wonder if it's not just the upcoming chapter constraints but something about the traditional play format at work here?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I’m curious what’s next after Wano finally wraps. I’m guessing possibly Elbaf or wherever Shanks is hiding out (I forget the name of it). Additionally, I wouldn’t be surprised if Vivi and Carue wind up running into the Strawhats again later as the former is currently on the WG’s hit list for some reason.

I’m also wondering how the encounter with Shanks is going to go down as unlike a lot of the other warlords he’s not a despotic bastard (that we know of at least).

Larryb fucked around with this message at 13:58 on Aug 1, 2020

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Lpzie posted:

everything is moving so drat fast now. getting to this point could have been dragged out for like two chapters or more, easily. odas trying to get to something big, and fast. maybe the Marines will show up.

also, that off-screen quick death is not common for a named character like that. makes me wonder if it's not just the upcoming chapter constraints but something about the traditional play format at work here?

Frankly, I'm happy. Wano really feels like it drags in some places. I'm ready to just get to the main action already.

I really hope it turns out he's alive. Kanjuro just getting offed off-panel given his relevance would be so anti-climactic. A flashback should occur, at least, if he really is dead.

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

TheLoneStar posted:

Frankly, I'm happy. Wano really feels like it drags in some places. I'm ready to just get to the main action already.

I really hope it turns out he's alive. Kanjuro just getting offed off-panel given his relevance would be so anti-climactic. A flashback should occur, at least, if he really is dead.

We don't need more backstory about anyone that isn't a main character at this point. The story is too crowded, this is the point people need to die and stay dead so we can get to the meat of wano. Everything has been set up that way.

It's weird for me to be saying we don't need a flashback when one piece's flashbacks have been so epic, but this is really the shittiest spot

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Ubiquitus posted:

We don't need more backstory about anyone that isn't a main character at this point. The story is too crowded, this is the point people need to die and stay dead so we can get to the meat of wano. Everything has been set up that way.

It's weird for me to be saying we don't need a flashback when one piece's flashbacks have been so epic, but this is really the shittiest spot
No, I mean a flashback showing the fight.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Aug 1, 2020

euphemism
Nov 16, 2015

be kind, don't rewind

Larryb posted:

I’m curious what’s next after Wano finally wraps. I’m guessing possibly Elbaf or wherever Shanks is hiding out (I forget the name of it). Additionally, I wouldn’t be surprised if Vivi and Carue wind up running into the Strawhats again later as the former is currently on the WG’s hit list for some reason.

I’m also wondering how the encounter with Shanks is going to go down as unlike a lot of the other warlords he’s not a despotic bastard (that we know of at least).

probably a mini-arc for elbalf and then a big one-two for raftel and mary geois. wouldn't be shocked if this is like two 100 chapter arcs that feed right into each other.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
since Zou, Oda has picked up the pacing in general. He showed us the aftermath of the fight with Jack that would have easily been a few chapters

I'm frankly glad that this is happening because there's still a good amount of plot to go through

euphemism
Nov 16, 2015

be kind, don't rewind

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

since Zou, Oda has picked up the pacing in general. He showed us the aftermath of the fight with Jack that would have easily been a few chapters

I'm frankly glad that this is happening because there's still a good amount of plot to go through

gonna be cool where instead of showing these offscreen fights in full, the anime focuses on more running and yelling somehow

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

Look, those scenes with four frames of Raizo running around yelling "NIN! NIN!" aren't going to just put themselves in the anime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

euphemism posted:

dumb theory time: the next chapter will end with two scabbards dying because its chapter 9-8-7...

yo i actually love this