Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Adventure: will be 66 episodes long. Survive is delayed yet again, but has a more concrete release date now, January 2021.
https://twitter.com/RavelMonte/status/1289222507296243713

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
I can’t help but feel that Survive was always going to be delayed again. There’s a pandemic, that has to slow down development

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I was not counting on Adventure being that long, in all seriousness.

Interesting. The next few episodes will tell us what to expect from evolutions I guess. I really do wonder/hope we'll get more Omnimon-style fusions from the rest of the cast.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Burkion posted:

I was not counting on Adventure being that long, in all seriousness.

Interesting. The next few episodes will tell us what to expect from evolutions I guess. I really do wonder/hope we'll get more Omnimon-style fusions from the rest of the cast.

At best (or worst..) we'll get Kizuna forms for everyone.

It's more worst than best really considering how ugly those are.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Blaze Dragon posted:

At best (or worst..) we'll get Kizuna forms for everyone.

It's more worst than best really considering how ugly those are.

Giant buff Patamon would be almost hilarious enough to accept one of those abysmal Bonds forms.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Geostomp posted:

Giant buff Patamon would be almost hilarious enough to accept one of those abysmal Bonds forms.

I'm imagining like, Peak Buff JoJo man, but with Patamon's color scheme and wing ears

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Burkion posted:

I'm imagining like, Peak Buff JoJo man, but with Patamon's color scheme and wing ears

You know what? Let’s just do that for everyone. Everyone gets a form that takes some aspects from the Rookie, but puts it on a body that looks like they walked out of old-school JoJo, but has a cannon or two welded on.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

*extremely buff guy wearing a pink morph suit and a hat shaped like Biyomon's head leg drops Datamon*

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUhVCoTsBaM

if this was their evolution theme, 100% on board yes

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

It's time where I live so...
https://twitter.com/Wikimon_news/status/1289238357025779712

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Digimon Adventure can now legally drink.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

nine-gear crow posted:

Digimon Adventure can now legally drink.

Obama Memorial Day

dovetaile
Jul 8, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

Obama Memorial Day

That's every day in these times.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

My husband and I pretty much totally binged Appmon. We really enjoyed it. Even when it wasn’t so good it was ridiculously fun.

Ending spoiler
Whats the deal with Yujin seemingly returning at the end? Is there anything to that or is it just sort of a throw-away happy ending?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

100 degrees Calcium posted:

My husband and I pretty much totally binged Appmon. We really enjoyed it. Even when it wasn’t so good it was ridiculously fun.

Ending spoiler
Whats the deal with Yujin seemingly returning at the end? Is there anything to that or is it just sort of a throw-away happy ending?

the director explained it as Haru's dream for the future, I think

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
We're never going to get this, but I would really love an online action RPG Digimon game like Dragon Ball Xenoverse.

I don't know exactly how it'd work- maybe you could pick different starting Digimon and craft your own evolution line?

But goddamnit, it'd be really cool

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I want a FighterZ-esque fighting game

Masaru is a playable character in this scenario

Sleeping Sigma
Dec 28, 2012

So on top of the new Adventure: digivice we're now getting a $100 original one that covers Adventure, Our War Game, Tri and Kizuna.

https://p-bandai.com/us/item/N2532983001001

Not surprised that we got pages for both Adventure devices before the Pendulum Zs, but with Japan's Pendulum Z preorders closed, hopefully the US will put up preorders eventually.

Sleeping Sigma fucked around with this message at 12:30 on Aug 1, 2020

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Burkion posted:

We're never going to get this, but I would really love an online action RPG Digimon game like Dragon Ball Xenoverse.

I don't know exactly how it'd work- maybe you could pick different starting Digimon and craft your own evolution line?

Had a similar idea, though I was thinking more in line with the Gundam Breaker series in term of gameplay, definitely on the same page regarding how the Digimon would be handled though

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

Obama Memorial Day

Remember that time he drone bombed a wedding, what a legend

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Burkion posted:

It could work. I have no idea how, but it could work. I'd be up for it.

Nodosaur posted:

I want a FighterZ-esque fighting game

Masaru is a playable character in this scenario

We've had a lot of fighting games so another wouldn't be impossible. None with Masaru though, he'd just be broken.

Let's not.

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011

mandatory lesbian posted:

I thought that was Parrotmon and Greymon.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Well, good Goddamn, let's go

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

So um, I think this new Digimon Adventure series might be kind of good. What do you goons think?

I will be goddamn over the moon if 40 episodes from now during the Neo Dark Masters arc Ogremon comes back as Titamon to save the day, because holy poo poo.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Omnicrom posted:

So um, I think this new Digimon Adventure series might be kind of good. What do you goons think?

I will be goddamn over the moon if 40 episodes from now during the Neo Dark Masters arc Ogremon comes back as Titamon to save the day, because holy poo poo.

Well Good Goddamn LET'S GO

A friend and I were watching this together and we were joking during the build up to the fight about how we need to get Leomon and Whamon and Pixiemon introduced so they can all die later. loving speed run that poo poo Ogremon, I guess!

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Folks, Digimon is good again

It seems like its going a bit too fast though. Greymon evolving to Metal Greymon felt like something that really had to be earned, what with SkullGreymon and Tai’s character development. They’ve been doing a good job of having character moments so far and it’s worked pretty well, but in this case it just feels kinda... wrong, I guess.

Adventure: has just the right ratio of familiarity to unexpectedness. There’s enough of the original plot where you recognize it and think you know what’s going to happen but it goes and does its own thing.

Edit: forgot to say I lol’d at this exchange:

mandatory lesbian posted:

Scratchman Apoo posted:

I thought that was Parrotmon and Greymon.

Hitlersaurus Christ fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Aug 2, 2020

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Omnicrom posted:

Even better idea; Titamon and BanchoLeomon team up, climaxing with them Jogressing for a new version of Chaosmon

A Cup of Ramen
Oct 16, 2012

we doing spoilers for now?

I was starting to think the pacing was finally gonna slow down a bit these past few episodes but godamn today's episode felt like getting hit by a speeding train, I honestly wish Ogremon got at least a few more episodes to be a threat, maybe go a round with all the partners at least once and get more buildup? but if it's speedrunning to get us to a Titamon moment down the line I'll accept it.

Though for now while I'm enjoying this reboot mostly I still think the pacing needs to chill out. :colbert:

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Orgemon has already been defeated twice, so I'm fine with them doing this now before he became hard to take seriously.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

A Cup of Ramen posted:

we doing spoilers for now?

I was starting to think the pacing was finally gonna slow down a bit these past few episodes but godamn today's episode felt like getting hit by a speeding train, I honestly wish Ogremon got at least a few more episodes to be a threat, maybe go a round with all the partners at least once and get more buildup? but if it's speedrunning to get us to a Titamon moment down the line I'll accept it.

Though for now while I'm enjoying this reboot mostly I still think the pacing needs to chill out. :colbert:

Well if we are going to be having all 8 partners hit Ultimate*(plus at least one Jogress) it kinda makes sense that the pacing is going to be a little hectic at time in order to get there, like we'll probably have gotten all 6 of the current group's partners to Perfect by somewhere between episodes 20 and 30 depending on how the exact pacing will be(I figure it'll probably be between 2 and 3 episodes between each partner reaching Perfect starting from next week's episode)

*which is something no series in the franchise has done before, I think the most we've gotten before was Tamers having 5 Partners reaching Ultimate(not counting MarineAngemon here cause it reached Ultimate naturally before it even met it's partner)

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

drrockso20 posted:

Well if we are going to be having all 8 partners hit Ultimate*(plus at least one Jogress) it kinda makes sense that the pacing is going to be a little hectic at time in order to get there, like we'll probably have gotten all 6 of the current group's partners to Perfect by somewhere between episodes 20 and 30 depending on how the exact pacing will be(I figure it'll probably be between 2 and 3 episodes between each partner reaching Perfect starting from next week's episode)

*which is something no series in the franchise has done before, I think the most we've gotten before was Tamers having 5 Partners reaching Ultimate(not counting MarineAngemon here cause it reached Ultimate naturally before it even met it's partner)

Savers got every main character's partner to Ultimate and beyond; counting secondary ones like Miki and Megumi and Yushima aside.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Nodosaur posted:

Savers got every main character's partner to Ultimate and beyond; counting secondary ones like Miki and Megumi and Yushima aside.

I'm talking numbers here(off the top of my head Savers only reaches 4), not whether all the main characters reach that stage

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Fair enough

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Nodosaur posted:

Fair enough

Otherwise Frontier would tie for first with Tamers due to Susanomon and that would just be weird(Tri doesn't count as it's not a show)

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Also Tri did it REALLY badly

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

drrockso20 posted:

Otherwise Frontier would tie for first with Tamers due to Susanomon and that would just be weird(Tri doesn't count as it's not a show)

Frontier still wouldn’t count since the two leads got two exclusive power levels (one of which required everyone else depower themselves) and were perfectly capable of using the final form all on their own. By latter stages, the group barely qualified as a team: it was Takuya and Koji with their cheerleaders.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Sleeping Sigma posted:

So on top of the new Adventure: digivice we're now getting a $100 original one that covers Adventure, Our War Game, Tri and Kizuna.

https://p-bandai.com/us/item/N2532983001001

Not surprised that we got pages for both Adventure devices before the Pendulum Zs, but with Japan's Pendulum Z preorders closed, hopefully the US will put up preorders eventually.

Okay I'm sure I've asked this before, probably in this very thread...but how's the interface on these things for someone who doesn't read japanese? Simple enough I can have a notecard crib sheet?

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Geostomp posted:

Frontier still wouldn’t count since the two leads got two exclusive power levels (one of which required everyone else depower themselves) and were perfectly capable of using the final form all on their own. By latter stages, the group barely qualified as a team: it was Takuya and Koji with their cheerleaders.

Remember that Susanomon in the final fight had all five kids in it

Also definitely a big factor in why people like to talk about ways to fix Frontier in a hypothetical remake

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

drrockso20 posted:

Remember that Susanomon in the final fight had all five kids in it

Also definitely a big factor in why people like to talk about ways to fix Frontier in a hypothetical remake

Frontier was such an amazing and interesting concept utterly bungled in execution. I wouldn't mind seeing another swing taken at that tee, but I think it was sadly a product of its time and that time will never come around again...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

nine-gear crow posted:

Frontier was such an amazing and interesting concept utterly bungled in execution. I wouldn't mind seeing another swing taken at that tee, but I think it was sadly a product of its time and that time will never come around again...

Yeah, the whole Digimon Sentai team concept actually sounds kind of fun. A pity it quickly became the Takuya & Koji Show though (hell, the token female member wasn’t even allowed to win her DEBUT fight).