Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I Before E posted:

You're thinking of Predators, where the humans are the aliens

You're right, drat that movie was bad. Saw it for free in the theater so no real loss but time I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Is that the one with Fishburne or is that the new one where the lead antagonist blows his head off in a split-frame you only notice if you rewind it?

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Me and the wife have this ongoing debate over who could conceivably beat The Predator. In her opinion, literally nobody or no thing could ever defeat him. If she doesn't eventually accept that the T-800 or Wolverine could easily defeat The Predator I might leave her.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

NienNunb posted:

Me and the wife have this ongoing debate over who could conceivably beat The Predator. In her opinion, literally nobody or no thing could ever defeat him. If she doesn't eventually accept that the T-800 or Wolverine could easily defeat The Predator I might leave her.

Misawa would gently caress up the predator

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Gary Busey would have killed the predator had he had just a little more time.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Predator 2 is hilariously racist

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.

CobiWann posted:

I never thought of The Texas Chainsaw Massacre as a slasher. It's an exploitation film.

Now, the sequel, that's a tits-up/balls-out slasher.

I think that is a valid viewpoint; I used it as a reference point that several other slashers used, and there is a lot of capital C Criticism that views it the same way. So it’s kind of a proto-slasher, with the very first prototype (iirc) being Black Christmas, and the first one that really solidified all the ideas being Halloween.

But I was real loving high probably during all of that reading and writing so, idk

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

the Predator would try to cut Kobashi's arm off but the blade would just bounce harmlessly off his bone

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

i watched come back, little sheba, on the critter channel. i almost turned it off 15 minutes in because shirley booth's character was so annoying. thankfully it was written that way and she's supposed to be a pathetic woman beaten down by life. well done shirley. i didnt expect burt lancaster to say Sluts a bunch in 1952 but he did it, clear as ears. lovely stuff.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Prometheus rules, I loved that movie. Covenant was a giant disappointment for me, Michael Fassbender was great but also water is wet.

Chris James 2 posted:

In addition to everything else already mentioned, I honestly prefer the 2018 Suspiria to the Argento one

I've only seen the 2018 version and I was so bitterly disappointed in the climax feeling so unimaginative after everything before it had built up suspense and this impending sense of dread so well.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

NienNunb posted:

Dutch beat the Predator and he's just a regular Arnold

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

i liked 2018 suspiria in theaters but the longer i’m away from it the less i like it. theres some great scenes in it though. argento’s is really fun like most of his stuff i’ve seen

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

any boring rear end superhero with super strength or superior healing alone would whoop a predator. the thing is a jobber and would crush one

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Given how heavily the predator relies on its heat camera any sufficiently cold blooded enemy would crush it handily

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I Before E posted:

Given how heavily the predator relies on its heat camera any sufficiently cold blooded enemy would crush it handily

True, the more Predator damages T-800, the greater it's disadvantage becomes.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
Muldoon from Jurassic Park could beat a Predator

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
predator lost to two small booby traps made out of trees in an afternoon

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I've been trying to tell her all of this for months, she's belligerent. She won't listen to reason.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

lore man said predators taught previous human civilizations how to build the various pyramid structures, and that's why everything can kill a predator easily, by pissing on it while it cries racistly.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

All I want is a new good Friday the 13th film :smith:

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Other Arnolds that could defeat Predator
John Matrix
Ben Richards
Mr Freeze

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

If they didn't sometimes lose they wouldn't trophy hunt do there must be stuff out there that can kill a Predator. I mean, Humans are the dominant species on the planet and we get taken out by things all the time. As far as a scorpion is concerned I'm the predator and I could totally lose a fight to it.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon
could a predator kill a transformer

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

End of the day a transformer is just a lovely little car, absolutely

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Can Predators get the flu

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

could a scorpion beat scorpion from mortal kombat

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

i heard a rumor that the predator can't actually fight that well

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Chris James 2 posted:

All I want is a new good Friday the 13th film :smith:

Theyve never made one in history, why start now

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Bluedeanie posted:

Theyve never made one in history, why start now

you've gone too far now

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it's naht a rumah!

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
The only Friday the 13th I have seen is Jason Goes to Hell and it has one of the funniest opening scenes in movie history.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i put that ripped chest plate on my created guy and his name was blue lightning and he was as fast as lightning.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
F13 Part I is a touchstone of a certain degree of quality; F13 Part II is legit great horror; Part VI is legit funny horror; all others require the buy-in of fandom.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

there are only three parts to FF13

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Cavauro posted:

i put that ripped chest plate on my created guy and his name was blue lightning and he was as fast as lightning.

he sounds cool af not gonna lie

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

no one kicked out of the bad rvd frog splash of blue lightning. you sound cool too

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
I have a half-written fanfic where Jason squares off against a Predator I was writing for my daughter. I should finish it just because.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I know he can't even run but I like to think Robocop could handle Predator