Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass
are Florida and Texas gonna report numbers today, or are they just done with all this poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

sullat posted:

Got to go into the office today. Do I use silver or iron against super-spreaders?

lead

John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

lmao the first reply is a guy selling PPE

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة
Deepest condolences to anyone who lives in Texas right now, especially if you aren't white.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

How's life without the titty bar?

It's fine I guess :shrug:

graventy
Jul 28, 2006

Fun Shoe

mod sassinator posted:

are Florida and Texas gonna report numbers today, or are they just done with all this poo poo

oh have these not been mentioned yet?

https://twitter.com/JesseRodriguez/status/1291027745347186696?s=20

John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

food chat was lame, can we go back to tearing each other apart for someone daring to express their intent to take a break from doom-scrolling in a relatively low-cost and safe manner?

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

John DiFool posted:

food chat was lame, can we go back to tearing each other apart for someone daring to express their intent to take a break from doom-scrolling in a relatively low-cost and safe manner?

Regularly ask for a month's probation from time to time and go ride a bike and hike and poo poo.

It's good for your brain.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
president said bad number going down and good number is going up and if youre last youre first so I don't know why anyone is worrying anymore

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

aware of dog posted:

so... everyone just kinda forgot about those Covid tracking apps we were promised, huh?

Ireland and Northern Ireland both have apps deployed that share data cross-border between the two healthcare systems. I don't think either of them have reached the user base required for them both to operate effectively though.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

IT's me, I'm getting on a cruise for fun, now, 6 months into a deadly worldwide pandemic

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

John DiFool posted:

sewing cloth masks for the windows of my tent

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
lol if you distinguish between meals and feel uncomfortable eating a bowl of pasta for breakfast or pancakes for dinner, wake up sheeple!!

^ also yes, while I enjoy food chat it always causes mega derails, we have a good C-SPAM food thread, all your posting buddies are waiting for you there to discuss recipes with you, try to use it please

twoday has issued a correction as of 16:53 on Aug 5, 2020

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Mikey Corona lmfao

eyyy I'm coughin' 'ere

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

It absolutely contributed to certain minorities eventually being tolerated here in Australia, but it's a generational thing so it takes decades. I sometimes wonder whether things might have turned out differently if the indigenous peoples had any traditional recipes that us whities enjoyed

E: Here's an episode of the 1980s Australian sitcom 'Kingswood Country' about a local bloke trying to adjust to these new Italian immigrants, it's ...... uh ...... of it's time

E2: I grew up watching this show, my Dad loved to quote the main character because he identified with him so much :v:

that intro is loving astounding. good post.

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

bachelorette parties are the scourge of downtown Nashville lmao

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
I can imagine servers drawing straws to see who gets to deal with the bachelorette plaguebearers.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Nothus posted:

I can imagine servers drawing straws to see who gets to deal with the bachelorette plaguebearers.

the older waitresses at work will actively hand off dealing with the large parties to our younger servers (two of whom have already had COVID so have "immunity" or whatever) lol

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

here let me answer all this guys concerns

quote:

Parents who stay home who develop symptoms? Do they not get high priority access to rapid testing?

no.

quote:

Americans do NOT have access to care.

Americans do NOT have the $$ to pay for testing & treatment.

And, our states by and large are still not prepared for massive contact tracing.

who gives a poo poo

quote:

How's it going to go this fall when one student has symptoms and it takes 14 days for their #COVID swab to result?

most will not notice or care and the virus will spread and schools will remain open.

quote:

What about in flu season? We're short on reagents & swabs now, and we'll need double the supply this fall.

who gives a poo poo

DarkEuphoria
Nov 7, 2012

maybe I am the dumb one but I do not understand how/why people are having parties rn

I guess if I just gave up on rona and went to restaurants and amusement parks and on vacations, I too could know the reality of “deal with it” plague life

there’s no way I could see those people come into a restaurant and not flip my poo poo and scream at them to go home hahahahahaha

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

aware of dog posted:

the immortal question: beans or no beans?
beans

will add seitan after it's cooked

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

DarkEuphoria posted:

maybe I am the dumb one but I do not understand how/why people are having parties rn

I guess if I just gave up on rona and went to restaurants and amusement parks and on vacations, I too could know the reality of “deal with it” plague life

there’s no way I could see those people come into a restaurant and not flip my poo poo and scream at them to go home hahahahahaha

Well covid isn't real/past the peak/wont happen to me and I need normalcy.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Remember when Idris Elba had covid and his wife got it for fun to be with him and they both didn't get sick and said it wasn't a big deal lol

Starks
Sep 24, 2006

DarkEuphoria posted:

I also think that if you are being forced to work in a crowded environment and share a public bathroom during the daylight hours there’s a sense of “what’s the point of depriving myself if I’ll get it soon anyway”

Apr 7, 2003

Starks posted:

I also think that if you are being forced to work in a crowded environment and share a public bathroom during the daylight hours there’s a sense of “what’s the point of depriving myself if I’ll get it soon anyway”

Which is great because I don’t think I’ve been happier or healthier or better off financially in my adult life. Being out in nature and not filling myself with garbage food and booze to distract myself has been good to me.

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

https://i.imgur.com/32eLJy9.mp4

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Positive test rate in Florida has been holding strong at around 18% for roughly a month. There's been no change there. They are testing fewer people now with roughly half the administered tests of even a week ago.

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

the sheer quantity of these roving gangs of these white bitches in hats and sun dresses going to little parties and brunches like this poo poo is insane

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

Diva Cupcake posted:

Positive test rate in Florida has been holding strong at around 18% for roughly a month. There's been no change there. They are testing fewer people now with roughly half the administered tests of even a week ago.

dum dum question, but what are the implications of this

DarkEuphoria
Nov 7, 2012

Starks posted:

yeah I can see a lot of people falling into this trap.

unfortunately it is wrong and bad. it’s not like corona looks at you at the restaurant and goes,

“oh poo poo, Karen has to go to work, so I’ll let one of her coworkers infect her later, instead”.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Everything is awful

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

John DiFool posted:

if you want to be intellectually dishonest and normalize spreading a deadly pandemic so we all have to stay in quarantine longer because you’re selfish and bored, sure, go ahead, I’m sure El Rona would be happy to hear your “relatively safe” vacation suggestions. perhaps a cruise ship would be nice, I hear those are reopening

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Gio posted:

It means Florida is still in horrific shape and anyone peddling that Florida is on the "other side of the curve" (Shapiro) is selling you on the undertesting going on.

If testing doesn't immediately resume pre-hurricane levels you can probably also make assumptions on how intentional that undertesting is.

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة
I, too, like things to be normal, which is why I will be avoiding the highly contagious disease that may disable me for life, though I can't help but think of how many people are going to find out what it means to be disabled in our society. That's a sure way to never feel normal again. lol. lammo.

Backcountry
Jan 16, 2009
Just got back from the store to buy cigarettes and the Apartment front office because my gate key stopped working.

Once I was back in my apartment I had a full blown panic attack uncontrollable shaking and all. I had to take a shower and scrub myself clean to calm myself down.

I would like to thank my wife for being understanding because I totally lost it

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

Gio posted:

if you reduce the number of people being tested but the number of positives stays roughly the same then the infection rate is going up, but not evenly. a lot of places are probably gonna look like nyc - some places get absolutely loving shredded, and some places are almost untouched.

guess what the places that got shredded have in common? if you guessed "poorer parts of the city" then you win a prize! of coronavirus.

Apr 7, 2003

Taintrunner posted:

if you want to be intellectually dishonest and normalize spreading a deadly pandemic so we all have to stay in quarantine longer because you’re selfish and bored, sure, go ahead, I’m sure El Rona would be happy to hear your “relatively safe” vacation suggestions. perhaps a cruise ship would be nice, I hear those are reopening

Already canceled my vacation rental in Florida for March because there’s absolutely no way that state gets its poo poo together by then.

Backcountry
Jan 16, 2009
I live in a major metro so I assume 1 in 4 ppl have COVID

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة
Caught a disease your government wouldn't protect you from that made you useless to capital? Prepare to be unpersoned lmfao