Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
anime
.hack//Sign
.hack//Legend of the Twilight
.hack//Roots
View Results

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Crimson Karma's great, I love how bad Kasia is at interacting with people still

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
they are building up a shoujo situation where kasia is caught between two ridiculously pretty men on opposite sides in a war, except she's a reincarnated war criminal.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
The Wrong Way to Use Healing Magic updated (they also updated a pile of previous updates to change a character's name).

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
new Handyman Saitou

When your master plan backfires.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
Combatants Will Be Dispatched!
Chapter 25

Number 6's party is once again struggling to come to grips with the evil they have allied with.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Nalin posted:

Combatants Will Be Dispatched!
Chapter 25

Number 6's party is once again struggling to come to grips with the evil they have allied with.

Honestly Number 6 doesn't seem that evil, he's just a pervert and an opportunist. It certainly doesn't help that his points system rewards him for doing things like exposing himself, taking lewd pictures, or stealing panties.

I honestly wonder what non-pervert things he could do to earn points, but they'd probably be things that are really evil, like burning down orphanages or committing war crimes.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
You've seen his bosses, they're evil perverts too. The panty stuff probably gets more points than war crimes.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
On this episode of The Wold Won't Sleep Lecan learns the difference between the Dodonpa and the Kamehameha.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
The special beam cannon takes too long to charge.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
new Yakuza Reincarnation

eat poo poo merchant king

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
New campfire cooking in another world

Feru's indignancy while given a bath reminds me of that video of a shiba (or husky or akita, something like that) that is being given a bath and just angrily screaming its outrage the entire time :allears:

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
New chapter for the magicless lesbian princess isekai. They put two scenes together here, which was a good idea, but in the process they cut an important bit of characterisation for Anne-Sophia that I hope they'll add back in somewhere else.

Edit: Oh, I wanted to add a few panels of faces, too. Whoops.

Onean fucked around with this message at 09:23 on Aug 28, 2020

FrozenPhoenix71
Jan 9, 2019
I need more chapters of that so much. I know there's novels, but the expressions and faces give me so much enjoyment.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

more chapters of two bros bein guys

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
in beware the villainess, i think i like the festival even better than the 20 questions duel.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Melissa is the best.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
lion melissa is the second best

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

In this chapter, Sword Dad shows us his Special Attack

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I wonder whether this part of Sword or Slime was written first, because that kind of came out of nowhere and is incredibly reminiscent of how that sage skill pretty much does everything for Rimuru in Slime.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Sindai posted:

I wonder whether this part of Sword or Slime was written first, because that kind of came out of nowhere and is incredibly reminiscent of how that sage skill pretty much does everything for Rimuru in Slime.

Power of internet says Slime is older. Scene was likely heavily inspired by Slime though since they do share the same LN publisher.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
It comes much, much less out of nowhere in the WN because it spends a while at the beginning with just Sword Dad grinding in the special zone he starts in, which is when the Announcer is established. (She's basically just a generic system announcer though, aside from being a voice that Sword Dad can interact with to keep his sanity while alone there's nothing important from her until this moment.) Time that was, correctly, cut in the manga and shortened in the LN.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018
If I ever win the lottery, I'm 100% financing an anime adaptation of Undead Adventurer. Latest LN is out and it's incredibly good.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

doomrider7 posted:

If I ever win the lottery, I'm 100% financing an anime adaptation of Undead Adventurer. Latest LN is out and it's incredibly good.

I liked Viro but I am kind of lukewarm on the village's secret. I feel like the series already has too many irons in the fire without adding another huge one.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Nemo2342 posted:

I liked Viro but I am kind of lukewarm on the village's secret. I feel like the series already has too many irons in the fire without adding another huge one.

I liked it, though I agree that there are a lot of mysteries being setup. I'm mostly curious about the shrine and the mask.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Compared to their library of other works, I'd been putting off Medical Return for a while because it seemed okay but not super duper interesting but now I'm reading it and wow, this is really gripping.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Sui is my favorite manga slime

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre

RareAcumen posted:

Compared to their library of other works, I'd been putting off Medical Return for a while because it seemed okay but not super duper interesting but now I'm reading it and wow, this is really gripping.

My brother is a resident and doesn't read manga or watch anime at all, but I got him hooked on this. He says it's uncanny how it feels, and wonders if the author was a medical student.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

I'm reluctant to get into Unwanted Undead Adventurer because of the bonus chapters that are part of JNC's premium sub or whatever and I have a MUST CONSUME ALL RELATED CONTENT problem. Do I have to specifically buy each book off of JNC's site or are they just something anyone with premium can read? And do they come in a downloadable format?

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Argas posted:

I'm reluctant to get into Unwanted Undead Adventurer because of the bonus chapters that are part of JNC's premium sub or whatever and I have a MUST CONSUME ALL RELATED CONTENT problem. Do I have to specifically buy each book off of JNC's site or are they just something anyone with premium can read? And do they come in a downloadable format?

You have to specifically buy them from JNC yes. Learned this the hard way. The stories are worth it though.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

Argas posted:

You buy the sub for a month. Then you buy each individual premium book from JNC. Then you cancel the sub until the next batch of books you want to purchase.

It is really, really tedious and terrible, and I dislike that they hold the extra stories hostage like that. I mean, the extra stories aren't usually that long and mostly inconsequential, but it is still stuff I would like to read.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Nalin posted:

You buy the sub for a month. Then you buy each individual premium book from JNC. Then you cancel the sub until the next batch of books you want to purchase.

It is really, really tedious and terrible, and I dislike that they hold the extra stories hostage like that. I mean, the extra stories aren't usually that long and mostly inconsequential, but it is still stuff I would like to read.

You don't actually NEED a subscription, that just gives you a $2 discount if I recall. Process IS a bit tedious in that you need to make an account and buy credit vouchers and use those for the stuff you want.

Edit: NVM, looks like you might indeed need premium to buy the premium vouchers that will include the bonus content. This is also true for Bakarina as well.

doomrider7 fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Sep 1, 2020

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

doomrider7 posted:

You don't actually NEED a subscription, that just gives you a $2 discount if I recall. Process IS a bit tedious in that you need to make an account and buy credit vouchers and use those for the stuff you want.

You still need it as far as I can tell. You need to have an active subscription before you can purchase and spend premium credits. There are two subscription levels, one for $5/month and one for $11/month (which gives you a free premium book credit per month).

EDIT: :v:

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

This was pretty fun. I read all the novel translation that is out on novel updates and it looks like a fun series, but the translation pace is going to be so slow

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
TBAtE keeps getting shorter week after week, but drat if the art isn't nice.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Caught up on Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken, what else is good here outside of the Korean Manwha sphere?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Caught up on Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken, what else is good here outside of the Korean Manwha sphere?

you could read the ACTUAL best slime-related isekai, Sui's Big Adventure. but first read Campfire Cooking in Another World, the isekai it's spun off of.

Campfire Cooking is a pretty great isekai series. I like that it has a lot of the trappings of many isekai(the power being basically Amazon and ultra convenient dimensional storage and all that) but the MC winds up being the equivalent of one of those guys in old World of Warcraft who was fairly worthless in combat but had all the best cooking recipes and max cooking skill, and the high level raid groups would go and buy dishes from them for raids, except said raid group are his two traveling companions who take care of all the fighting. Also, literally bribing god with earth food in exchange for buffs. Sui is a great addition to the crew, and the side manga Sui's Big Adventure is good fun.

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Sep 5, 2020

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Reincarnated as a Sword

Undead Adventurer

Wolf Won't Sleep

Deathbound Duke's Daughter

Also, how caught up on Slime are you? Manga or LN? There's also the Slime Diaries I'd recommend, but you'll need to actually buy those unless you know of "places".

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Only on the manga, I know a lot of these have a LN and the only one I'm currently pondering is Solo Leveling or Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint (though those are korean)

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Bard Knight Loen

Saihate no Paladin (if you aren't hung up on occasionally wonky background art)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
also if you're wanting to read LNs vs manga Faraway Paladin has been licensed for a while and several of them have official translations (I've just stuck to the manga so I have no info on how they are though).