Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon

Brut posted:

Will this cost me more or less than a Playstation 5? Also can how can I avoid catching Lyme disease from Pennsylvania nature?

initially it will cost less, then it will eventually cost more. i don't have ticks where i live, all i know is you're supposed to wear long pants and shoes. the outdoor subforum probably has a whole thread on ticks.

as for The Mask, as a child it made me worry about what would happen if i wore The Mask.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Seth Rollins posted:

initially it will cost less, then it will eventually cost more. i don't have ticks where i live, all i know is you're supposed to wear long pants and shoes. the outdoor subforum probably has a whole thread on ticks.

as for The Mask, as a child it made me worry about what would happen if i wore The Mask.

As a child Liar Liar made me think about what it would be like to also trick my dad into becoming a worthwhile and present person in my life through the mysterious and unknown powers of a birthday wish, so that could be why I prefer it

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Ace Venture 2 is better than 1

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

NienNunb posted:

Ace Venture 2 is better than 1

This is true. The transphobia in 1 really sucks

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

https://youtu.be/b8fvquhFxsc

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

I loved the Ace Ventura films a kid but don’t remember anything about them anymore and maybe that’s a good thing. Well, Good night

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

ive never seen them and likely never will.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

The end where the man is assaulted by the gorilla legit terrified me as a child and made me afraid of gorillas. I’m realizing I was a timid kid, I also cried and demanded we take Street Fighter back to blockbuster when I played it and lost and saw blood on Ryu’s face.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Eat My Fuc posted:

The end where the man is assaulted by the gorilla legit terrified me as a child and made me afraid of gorillas. I’m realizing I was a timid kid, I also cried and demanded we take Street Fighter back to blockbuster when I played it and lost and saw blood on Ryu’s face.

I was confused for a moment reading this because I remember the bad guy getting kissed by the gorilla at the end, not beat up. But then I realized I'm thinking about the end of George of the Jungle. Lots of jungle comedies from that time. Jungle 2 Jungle.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Truman show is one of the best films ever made and I really want to read or watch a deep dive analysis on its themes and its moral implications

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

liar liar i also very much liked at the time and haven't seen since but i bet it would hold up a lot better than the mask

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

extradite THIS! posted:

I loved the Ace Ventura films a kid but don’t remember anything about them anymore and maybe that’s a good thing. Well, Good night

I remember the second one being insanely racist even for the time it was made.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the mask looks really satisfying as an effect. i don't really know what's going on with it. the boys over at industrial light and magic said they saved a lot of money because of jim carrey's facial expression ability. smokin'! a big cigar that is. thinking about beginning to smoke along with nine nubs.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

movie report of the day
inland empire - my computer - so i was talking the other month about how because of how it was filmed it looks like poo poo and no upscale or whatever will matter. paper lion said they wrote about how it was intentional and part of the film, all of that stuff. i didn't really know what they were talking about. anyways, i watched it and now i understand perfectly what they were saying. i can't imagine the movie on film stock, or anything but the muddled personal home movies style quality and camerawork. it's so obviously a part of the movie itself and, as my favorite critics say, "a character of the film". the fact laura dern wasn't nominated for anything is so stupid. i got scared 4 times, it woudl have been 5 but i had seen the clip of her walking towards the camera then running and going AAaaa before. 5/5

cool hand luke - hbo max - Jackin it off here boss

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

jackin it off here box

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Eat My Fuc posted:

I loved Jim Carey.
He was great when playing for the Capitals, but unfortunately the trade to Boston didn't work out at all. I remember wondering why this goalie who had won the Vezina Trophy in 1996 had seemingly disappeared only a few months later.

Sorry, but's really hard to resist making jokes like this when I see someone misspelling Jim Carrey's name as Carey. :v: I do remember the scene you were talking about, but instead of seeing it in the film I came across it in the comic adaptation (not to be confused with the comic the movie was based on) and wondering why it wasn't in the film. As it is, the character just kinda disappears.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

yea ok posted:

movie report of the day
inland empire - my computer - so i was talking the other month about how because of how it was filmed it looks like poo poo and no upscale or whatever will matter. paper lion said they wrote about how it was intentional and part of the film, all of that stuff. i didn't really know what they were talking about. anyways, i watched it and now i understand perfectly what they were saying. i can't imagine the movie on film stock, or anything but the muddled personal home movies style quality and camerawork. it's so obviously a part of the movie itself and, as my favorite critics say, "a character of the film". the fact laura dern wasn't nominated for anything is so stupid. i got scared 4 times, it woudl have been 5 but i had seen the clip of her walking towards the camera then running and going AAaaa before. 5/5

I saw this in a beautiful old theatre and almost pissed in the seat because it's v scary

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Inland Empire is the only big Lynch thing i haven't seen yet, waiting on bated breath to finally be able to watch it.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

NienNunb posted:

Inland Empire is the only big Lynch thing i haven't seen yet, waiting on bated breath to finally be able to watch it.

If you can find the DVD release one of the extras is David Lynch teaching you how to make quinoa with broccoli.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

flashy_mcflash posted:

If you can find the DVD release one of the extras is David Lynch teaching you how to make quinoa with broccoli.
I'm currently picturing him doing this in his Gordon Cole voice and it's glorious.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

what#s your favourite jarmusch mine's either paterson or down by law but it's probably paterson

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Doc M posted:

He was great when playing for the Capitals, but unfortunately the trade to Boston didn't work out at all. I remember wondering why this goalie who had won the Vezina Trophy in 1996 had seemingly disappeared only a few months later.

Sorry, but's really hard to resist making jokes like this when I see someone misspelling Jim Carrey's name as Carey. :v: I do remember the scene you were talking about, but instead of seeing it in the film I came across it in the comic adaptation (not to be confused with the comic the movie was based on) and wondering why it wasn't in the film. As it is, the character just kinda disappears.

i saw a guy wearing a Golden Knights jersey a couple years ago with FLURRY on the back..

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

flashy_mcflash posted:

I saw this in a beautiful old theatre and almost pissed in the seat because it's v scary

lol, that would have been cool. here's where i pissed my seat: the few times that the electric noises happen, and when laura dern was talking to the shrink and said BAM lol

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

jesus WEP posted:

what#s your favourite jarmusch mine's either paterson or down by law but it's probably paterson

mystery train and it's not even close, but then down by law. i didnt see paterson yet but i like adam actor

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Paterson might actually be my favorite movie of the 2010s when a particular mood strikes. That's just how I wanna be like in life. Be content with everything life has given me, write a lil' poetry when I get the time during the day. Just a perfect movie imo. Love that I've been to all the major locations from the movie due to living in North Jersey for a while.

Only Lovers Left Alive is also perfect.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

mystery train is very good also. i have a real soft spot for night on earth too but it's real patchy. i almost died laughing at roberto benigni's bit in it though, not even exaggerating i legit couldn't breathe for like a minute

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

NienNunb posted:

Paterson might actually be my favorite movie of the 2010s when a particular mood strikes. That's just how I wanna be like in life. Be content with everything life has given me, write a lil' poetry when I get the time during the day. Just a perfect movie imo. Love that I've been to all the major locations from the movie due to living in North Jersey for a while.

Only Lovers Left Alive is also perfect.

whenever i think of paterson i think of when i was at my cousin's wife's funeral. we were in the car for the funeral procession when a minivan decided to gun an intersection and hit a motorcycle cop sending him flying. there was a guy on the street corner holding a bag of bagels and he was very split in dropping the bagels to help the cop who was just hit or hanging on to them, he instead just gently set them down against a wall and they fell over anyway. i think we were technically in carlstadt when this horror happened but i just always remember it being the most new jersey experience i've ever had.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

JOHN CENA posted:

whenever i think of paterson i think of when i was at my cousin's wife's funeral. we were in the car for the funeral procession when a minivan decided to gun an intersection and hit a motorcycle cop sending him flying. there was a guy on the street corner holding a bag of bagels and he was very split in dropping the bagels to help the cop who was just hit or hanging on to them, he instead just gently set them down against a wall and they fell over anyway. i think we were technically in carlstadt when this horror happened but i just always remember it being the most new jersey experience i've ever had.

lmao

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

JOHN CENA posted:

hahahaha hell yeah

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

jesus WEP posted:

I've only seen Lovers Left Alive :x loved it though. and there's a bunch of his stuff on HBO Max apparently, so I might be able to fix that soon!

JOHN CENA posted:

:lmao:

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

JOHN CENA posted:

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa that's the best thing I've ever read, thank you.

Whenever we're driving through there I call Carlstadt "Carl's Dad" and my fiancé has never once laughed at it.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

JOHN CENA posted:

irl lol @ this post

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

feels like that should be the ending of Drew McIntyre's Official General Thread 2. if it's too soon, maybe we end on a callback to it

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

apparently in NJ this happens a lot

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

JOHN CENA posted:

Lesson: always save the bagels

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

leave the gun

take the bagels

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

flashy_mcflash posted:

Lesson: always save the bagels
also never help a cop wtf

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

im glad you finally got to see inland empire japey, it is very good and very overlooked, surprisingly. i think because of the aesthetic. im glad you came around to the consumer digital camera aesthetic. very deliberate and a big product of its times. even outside of it being lynch having a passing fascination and working with it to make art, it fits very well into his broader aesthetic, of things being recognizable and yet unfamiliar. like the stopmotion grandparents in mulholland drive, or the baby in eraserhead. he refuses to this day to talk about how he made the baby puppet/prop for that movie. all i want to know is how he made it. he will never say.

been very sad lately. might watch some christian movies to feel better. and laugh at them. ja rule in "im in love with a church girl" looks very funny. thank you netflix, for curating this. wonderful content.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I'm sorry you've been sad, Paper Lion. You're a good poster and an even better friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Gonna do a write up of my recent movies watchings once I finish with Bob & Carol & Ted & Alice