Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
AEW still hasn't hired Nicole Savoy so they don't really have an excuse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Dave declaring that WWE's ratings mean that he has been too easy on their product was pretty funny.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Dave just not gonna get on the Raw underground train

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Raw Underground is more of a subway thing.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

New Rudocast is out! We talked AEW and NJPW and looked ahead to Summer Struggle at Jingu Stadium. Plus, I try to find a hard seltzer podcast sponsor.

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ox6pdMQMQPU&

Audio:

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-rudos-podcast/id1468336480

https://open.spotify.com/show/2SqoJSz5Ans40LZIfwFrIg?si=AyQkpWCoSR6cVEY-ypXvhg

https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/hardlaser-audio/rudos-podcast?refid=stpr

https://podcasts.google.com/?feed=aHR0cHM6Ly9ydWRvc3BvZGNhc3QubGlic3luLmNvbS9yc3M

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

njsykora posted:

Raw Underground is more of a subway thing.

When know at least one guy in NXT that likes to eat fresh

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
A first-time guest! And WE ARE DYNAMITE! And one of the worst segments in the history of WCW programming! And a great week in the Chris Adams-Steve Austin feud! And the last AWA TV taping! And much more!
https://twitter.com/BTSheetsPod/status/1292683474994946048

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

Dave on Pollyanna and her credibility:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Couldn't handle the full show today but the first half of the Last Stop Penn Station episode about Larry Sweeney is very good and it was really cool to hear how Sweeney's friendship with Cary developed.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

collocation posted:

What top reporter told Dave "don't interview an alleged victim of abuse if they've said a single thing that could throw their credibility into question"

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Yeah, I feel like Dave got that all hosed up or was given awful advice because it had me in the first half but the problem wouldn't be her credibility, it's his. You can't really impartially report on someone who's accused you of being part of a conspiracy against them. But that doesn't hurt the accuser's credibility, it just means you shouldn't report on them yourselves because you're part of the story and it will hurt your credibility to do so. That's obviously not his thinking here.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Rovert or Brad Shepherd

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Also Bix points out that Pollyanna didn't say anything about Meltzer until he had already spent weeks loving up his reporting

https://twitter.com/davidbix/status/1292882107765841923

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

collocation posted:

I *guess* he's referring to this:
https://twitter.com/GothicLolly/status/1281972238581993472
Which...I suppose I can can see reading it that way because of "going behind the scenes to undermine us" part. But that tweet was July 11th. Dave had already brushed off the IWL promoter's evidence because it's "a tiny promotion" on June 25th, before Pollyanna ever said a word about him. That day, she did write off the idea of Dave covering it properly because of those comments and his coverage of other sexual assault allegations, but not in a way that could be construed as conspiratorial. He's making bullshit excuses. There's zero reason for him to have not reached out either before June 25th or even between June 25th and July 11th.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

xbilkis posted:

Also Bix points out that Pollyanna didn't say anything about Meltzer until he had already spent weeks loving up his reporting

https://twitter.com/davidbix/status/1292882107765841923

And what she said was that it was time to take down Dave Meltzer, kind of important context here!

And "going behind the scenes to silence us" is literally an accusation of a conspiracy against her. Either he's actually conspiring against her and he's loving done, or she's accusing him of conspiring when he wasn't.

MassRafTer fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Aug 10, 2020

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

xbilkis posted:

What top reporter told Dave "don't interview an alleged victim of abuse if they've said a single thing that could throw their credibility into question"
Based on who Dave's friends with and how he talks about them...shot in the dark, but maybe Houston Mitchell?

Gumball Gumption posted:

Yeah, I feel like Dave got that all hosed up or was given awful advice because it had me in the first half but the problem wouldn't be her credibility, it's his. You can't really impartially report on someone who's accused you of being part of a conspiracy against them. But that doesn't hurt the accuser's credibility, it just means you shouldn't report on them yourselves because you're part of the story and it will hurt your credibility to do so. That's obviously not his thinking here.
Yup, especially since her comments were...not really out of line in context?

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

MassRafTer posted:

And what she said was that it was time to take down Dave Meltzer, kind of important context here!
No, what she said was that "I want you out. loving out." in the context of him seemingly been working with the goal of undermining her allegations. Before which he had weeks to reach out to her for her side and never did.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

MassRafTer posted:

And "going behind the scenes to silence us" is literally an accusation of a conspiracy against her. Either he's actually conspiring against her and he's loving done, or she's accusing him of conspiring when he wasn't.

Someone calling out a reporter and accusing them of misconduct doesn't mean she has no credibility on a separate allegation of abuse.

It might make sense that Dave personally wouldn't write about this because of those comments. A reporter shouldn't continue to cover a story and make no efforts to contact a key party because of an interpersonal dispute. A high-profile reporter definitely shouldn't spend an extended period of time covering a story about alleged abuse without contacting the victim and then say "Oh look, she's not credible at all" when the victim gets mad at them

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

davidbix posted:

No, what she said was that "I want you out. loving out." in the context of him seemingly been working with the goal of undermining her allegations. Before which he had weeks to reach out to her for her side and never did.

Which he should have done but is a long way from operating behind the scenes to silence her. If he's libeling her he is doing it in public in the Observer, or is actually working in a conspiracy against her which is what her tweet alleged. I'm not arguing his reporting on in this particular case is good, I told him so directly via email.

xbilkis posted:

Someone calling out a reporter and accusing them of misconduct doesn't mean she has no credibility on a separate allegation of abuse.

It might make sense that Dave personally wouldn't write about this because of those comments. A reporter shouldn't continue to cover a story and make no efforts to contact a key party because of an interpersonal dispute. A high-profile reporter definitely shouldn't spend an extended period of time covering a story about alleged abuse without contacting the victim and then say "Oh look, she's not credible at all" when the victim gets mad at them

The abuse allegation is separate from the accusation of a conspiracy against her, absolutely.

MassRafTer fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Aug 10, 2020

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
enjoying daves blackpilled wwe takes

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

MassRafTer posted:

Which he should have done but is a long way from operating behind the scenes to silence her.
I have to be careful in what I say here, but I've heard enough from people I consider trustworthy to be able to see why Pollyanna—who is almost certainly hearing a lot more than I am—tweeted that.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

davidbix posted:

I have to be careful in what I say here, but I've heard enough from people I consider trustworthy to be able to see why Pollyanna—who is almost certainly hearing a lot more than I am—tweeted that.

Then this is a really simple story!

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Why is he so absolutely obsessed with doing anything but fairly reporting on rapists

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

davidbix posted:

SPILL THE BEANS, S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Malcolm Excellent posted:

SPILL THE BEANS, S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

you got something, spill da beans, if not, take a hike!

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

Even completely from the outside, he

1. Said that more was going to be coming out in the story (on his board)
2. Very shortly thereafter did a WOR rant on how people don't want to know the truth about Will, and then weaponized Kimura against people who don't believe him
and now 3. Has said that Pollyanna has no credibility

In his reporting, he has mentioned contacting people to get further information. The way that he has acted in public could give one reason to have a pretty good guess as to what his angle has been when contacting them.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

ICHIBAHN posted:

Why is he so absolutely obsessed with doing anything but fairly reporting on rapists

cuz he likes the accused party / parties. this doesn't seem overly complicated.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

If nothing else the notion that a possible abuse victim has no credibility if they accuse you of something different seems utterly contemptible to me. Like I've seen journalists and media personalities claim stuff like that, but not good parties. Am I once again misunderstanding "Dave talk"?

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

STAC Goat posted:

If nothing else the notion that a possible abuse victim has no credibility if they accuse you of something different seems utterly contemptible to me. Like I've seen journalists and media personalities claim stuff like that, but not good parties. Am I once again misunderstanding "Dave talk"?

No, Dave just really sucks sometimes

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Jordan7hm posted:

cuz he likes the accused party / parties. this doesn't seem overly complicated.

In general, captain

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

this weeks granny segment was fantastic

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

It’s hard to top jerry sunka

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Insertnamehere31 posted:

It’s hard to top jerry sunka

Nothing will ever top Spooks the Ghost Lad

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Ringo Roadagain posted:

this weeks granny segment was fantastic

Bryan explaining his spider strategy and being legitimately chuffed at the compliment was delightful.

I do hope granny's okay

Yukaichiban
Feb 7, 2020

by Athanatos

Dave's always got an... Interesting take.

Yukaichiban fucked around with this message at 07:51 on Aug 11, 2020

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

Yukaichiban posted:

Dave's always got an... Interesting take.

fixed that for you

collocation fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Aug 11, 2020

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Selling bikini photo books of minors isn't weird because the fans at the shows are ONLY like 24 :psyduck:

Yukaichiban
Feb 7, 2020

by Athanatos

RealFoxy posted:

Selling bikini photo books of minors isn't weird because the fans at the shows are ONLY like 24 :psyduck:

This from the same guy who constantly mentions his sons gf and some friends daughter.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
If, like me, you're using PodcastAddict because it's one of the few Android apps that supports the F4W podcasts, it's worth noting that it introduced a premium subscription model:

https://podcastaddict.com/premium

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Yukaichiban posted:

This from the same guy who constantly mentions his sons gf and some friends daughter.

well now you're talking about them. bit sus imo.