Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

He's KSBD's Undertaker lost reaction guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

OhFunny posted:

The part we’re going to hate is when White Chain dies because she couldn’t figure out how to breathe.

The idea that immortal beings have a hard time coping with sudden mortality is a concept that got driven into me at an early age

"I can feel this body dying all around me :gonk:" is a phrase that's been rattling around in my head since childhood and I hope WC's reaction is less that and more "oh, right, lungs"

she might need a hug otherwise

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Phy posted:

oh god now there's two bodies dying around me :gonk:

Gladi
Oct 23, 2008

Phy posted:

The idea that immortal beings have a hard time coping with sudden mortality is a concept that got driven into me at an early age

"I can feel this body dying all around me :gonk:" is a phrase that's been rattling around in my head since childhood and I hope WC's reaction is less that and more "oh, right, lungs"

But mortals are more beautiful than unicorns...

Hmm...

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

Wittgen posted:

I mean, sure. Obviously she isn't in love with him and she is not pursuing him for sex.

But someone said she'd have to grapple with the fact that she didn't really care about him and just cared about the big adventures. That is what I am calling extremely wrong.

Alison doesn't really give a poo poo about Zaid the individual if she were to be honest with herself. It's helping her put one foot in front of the other and allowing her to get into it with demiurges, but there's no way she's emotionally invested beyond it being some abstract mission and the only thing giving her a purpose currently. It's why she didn't know how to feel after seeing him.

She'd be completely adrift without the goal which is why she's loathe to give it up, but lol if you think there's something beyond that at this point

Ham Cheeks
Nov 18, 2012

Feeling hammy

MikeJF posted:

As a random aside, I never noticed the text on this page and the next:

Are they writing the story of Allison?

Seems like it. The reference to a tea party makes me think of Allison's role in smashing so many teacups and was too dumb to realize what was happening

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

Alison cares about him the way anyone would care about a guy they knew and were maybe sorta dating, who then got ripped off the bed by monstrous angels and dragged into hell.

She just is in a position to go do something about it and has the stomach to pursue that.

Mistaking her inevitable conflict with the demiurges with some sort of latent desire to fight them is to mistake Allison’s character; chasing Zaid because it’s the right thing to do is how she learns that she wants to do more than that, like fight the New Gods.

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

Joe Slowboat posted:

Alison cares about him the way anyone would care about a guy they knew and were maybe sorta dating, who then got ripped off the bed by monstrous angels and dragged into hell.

She just is in a position to go do something about it and has the stomach to pursue that.

Mistaking her inevitable conflict with the demiurges with some sort of latent desire to fight them is to mistake Allison’s character; chasing Zaid because it’s the right thing to do is how she learns that she wants to do more than that, like fight the New Gods.

Nah

Upon seeing the object of her presumptive quest, she's forced for the first time in forever to awkwardly confront what she's SUPPOSED to be doing. She then immediately ceases to give a poo poo and goes out of her way to not just challenge SD but antagonize him in a rage for no productive reason. Is her quest to depose and defeat the demiurges? Because that seems to be what really gets her going.

She's not some weird savior and never really was, although she does heroic things

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019

Joe Slowboat posted:

Rescuing Zaid is an obvious first step to Allison in doing the right thing on a massive scale by murdering the Gods and toppling their thrones.

Vagabong fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Aug 13, 2020

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

JustaDamnFool posted:

Rescuing Zaid is an obvious first step to Allison in doing the right thing on a massive scale by murdering the Gods and toppling thier thrones.

That’s more Maya’s thing, and she’s in the crowd thinking about death so we may get some of that on WWE pay-per-view this fine Rayuba evening

standard.deviant
May 17, 2012

Globally Indigent

Shugojin posted:

dont know about you lot but i love the worm

what was will be will be
we love the Gog, and the Gog loves us

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

I am the worm, and I love me.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Victis posted:

Nah

Upon seeing the object of her presumptive quest, she's forced for the first time in forever to awkwardly confront what she's SUPPOSED to be doing. She then immediately ceases to give a poo poo and goes out of her way to not just challenge SD but antagonize him in a rage for no productive reason. Is her quest to depose and defeat the demiurges? Because that seems to be what really gets her going.

She's not some weird savior and never really was, although she does heroic things

Their plan was for her to enter the tournament and make a big fuss so all eyes were on her while Team B broke Zaid out of prison. Then they all just peace out; she never intended to fight Solomon.

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Xand_Man posted:

Their plan was for her to enter the tournament and make a big fuss so all eyes were on her while Team B broke Zaid out of prison. Then they all just peace out; she never intended to fight Solomon.

I love how there both was a plan, and the plan was 'gently caress around and find out, as a distraction'

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

Joe Slowboat posted:

I love how there both was a plan, and the plan was 'gently caress around and find out, as a distraction'

Still honestly a better plan than she had in either of the last two times she went off on demiurges. Mottom was literally "gently caress around and find out." Mammon she at least planned for getting there. This time she actually planned how to obtain her objective!

So she'll at least plan for "how to get away" for the Jagganoth arc.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I just started reading this comic after seeing pages in the badass thread and all I have to say is

• It is very cool
  • How do you pronounce Cio because I've saying it like "Ciao" in my head but I still feel like that's weird
  • I don't like that Allison kept the white hair after regaining control of her body in the heist chapter
  • It is very cool

Anyway I'm also bummed that White Chain didn't manage to draw blood from Solomon although I do get that it's still a symbolic victory (and a personal victory for WC I suppose)

witchcore ricepunk
Jul 6, 2003

The Golden Witch
Who Solved the Epitaph

A Probability of 1/2,578,917

TwoPair posted:

I just started reading this comic after seeing pages in the badass thread and all I have to say is

• It is very cool
  • How do you pronounce Cio because I've saying it like "Ciao" in my head but I still feel like that's weird
  • I don't like that Allison kept the white hair after regaining control of her body in the heist chapter
  • It is very cool

Anyway I'm also bummed that White Chain didn't manage to draw blood from Solomon although I do get that it's still a symbolic victory (and a personal victory for WC I suppose)

Cio's name spells out COCA COLA

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

TwoPair posted:

I believe it has to be "See-oh"

Her first and second name are "Ciocie Cioelle", and while it's not relevant to anything in the comic, that's supposed to be pronounced like you're spelling out C-O-C-A-C-O-L-A

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

TwoPair posted:

• It is very cool
  • It is very cool

I'm hype that my posting of KSBD pages got another reader!

On point 3 I think it makes some sense in that Monster Allison is still a part of Allison, so it would make sense that at least some of her would stick around. Also, given that light colored hair is actually easier to dye, Allison keeping the stark white seems like a sign of growth and acceptance of her body and how she looks.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

witchcore ricepunk posted:

Cio's name spells out COCA COLA

:aaaaa: holy poo poo

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Second-best character name in K6BD after Princess Jack Moonshine.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
If you could execute ki rata techniques irl what would you do with this power

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Stay gorgeous indefinitely

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Visit anti-lockdown protests and put masks on everyone.

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019

TwoPair posted:

[*]I don't like that Allison kept the white hair after regaining control of her body in the heist chapter

Agreed, but the good news is the end of a book is coming up so we'll likely have another exciting haircut for the final chapter.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

never have kids while also not getting a vasectomy

also i'd prolly get really good at harvesting orchards or somethin

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Repeat Solomon David's mistakes and conquer the world, in the remote hope that it'll at least be better than what we have now

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Tarezax posted:

Repeat Solomon David's mistakes and conquer the world, in the remote hope that it'll at least be better than what we have now

In the short term, that might not be so bad, what with all the major ecological crises and massive poverty that the world industrial and economic systems are contributing to now. It's a fun power fantasy to imagine reshaping the world's power and manufacturing infrastructure as an eco-despot, but the problem of course is that you would be warped by having that kind of power and probably become an even worse person than SolDave

Then the world would have to deal with your bullshit forever, or at least until some upstart powerful entity comes and ruins your day

This is why I would prefer to simply be looking cute and feeling cute forever

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

I will convince people time travel is real by, over several decades, photobombing the backgrounds of as many pictures/videos as possible.
(Barring a relatively brief five year period in the latter half of decade three; getting up to bizarre nonsense seemingly unrelated to the above that will result in at least three new cryptids which I will never remark on)

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Use the time-stopping technique to "Creepy Watson" someone til they go insane.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13YlEPwOfmk

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

I'd have all these really cool ideas, but then end up basically just doing this:

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

Lights, the Peacock King, First of His Name.

SneezeOfTheDecade posted:

Visit anti-lockdown protests and put masks on everyone.

PERFECT MERCY - TOTAL MASK ADHERENCE

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

stomp around like im hot poo poo until i get owned by a hobo

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

PMush Perfect posted:

Second-best character name in K6BD after Princess Jack Moonshine.

I think you misspelled "Kill Boss".

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006
“Ciocie” is Polish for “aunts” so imo it should be pronounced “choh-chee”

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

I thought the payoff for Cio’s name was still to come, since I assumed that only someone from earth would name her “coca-cola”. so, you know, who’s the earthling that came to Throne before Allison and managed to name Yaldabaoth, presumably in the same panicked rush that gave us Princess Jack Daniels? but maybe it’s just a reference to a gag from the original which I’ve never seen, idk

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Alternatively, the Coca Cola corporation has a transdimensional presence.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
maybe it's just like jynnan tonnyx and it's entirely coincidental

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

World War Mammories posted:

I thought the payoff for Cio’s name was still to come, since I assumed that only someone from earth would name her “coca-cola”. so, you know, who’s the earthling that came to Throne before Allison and managed to name Yaldabaoth, presumably in the same panicked rush that gave us Princess Jack Daniels? but maybe it’s just a reference to a gag from the original which I’ve never seen, idk

I think it's just an OOC gag that will never be commented on.

Not everything is careful worldbuilding, sometimes it's just KILL BOSS being a reference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
If any name's significance turns out to be a plot point it'd probably be Allison's.