Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Endorph posted:

In general if you've got a question like that dalong can often help, though of course asking for a second opinion is good.

I will keep that site in mind for next time, thanks :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Don't you wish your robot was as hot as mine ?

RG EVA-01 ready for stickers !

Fair warning on this kit, it's a great kit to build, but it leaves almost all of the stickers to the end. I advise doing them as you go along, which I now wish I had done.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

My gunpla shelf looks quite nice in natural lighting.

I'm starting to think that I need to get a better phone camera, though.

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

hostess with the Moltres posted:

Has anyone ordered something that wasn't in stock from Hobbylink Japan? How long do they take to get something if the restocking date is unknown?

My Beyond Global RX-78 took two weeks on back order, but I imagine that was an especially in demand case so I'm not sure that'll help?

hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013

Midjack posted:

Could be days, could be months. What are you looking for?

I want to order the 1/20 Bandai scopedog. It's either out of stock everywhere else or around $120 or so on second hand sites like Amazon and Ebay.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Midjack posted:

Could be days, could be months. What are you looking for?

I can personally attest that if you order something that's backordered HLJ will keep and honor it even if it takes years for something to actually come back in stock :shepface: (And I say that as a complement to them).

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
Loosley in the realm of gunpla but finally got around to taking some pictures of a Megami Device kit I did back in February for a local contest.

These might be the worst photos I've taken as I've been experimenting with an external flash, trying different lighting sources, and all around trying to get a nice, professional finish on my photos. It also taught me that I'm gonna need a bigger photobooth for larger poses. Pretty sure my white balance was off kilter the entire time as well but hey, progress. Got to mess around in photoshop on them and I can't decide if it's cheating or just "pro practice" to white out the background.

Zodack fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Aug 16, 2020

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
FAZZ ver. Ka is loving huge and has enough unused parts to build at least one more core fighter.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Ibblebibble posted:

I'm starting to think that I need to get a better phone camera, though.

That's a sick Tallgeese pose tho

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib
Also I take back my previous shittalk wrt the Moon Gundam. I'm still not a huge fan of the coloration but the kit itself is incredibly well engineered and it has nearly as much detail and options as your typical RG. The movable pipes in the knees remind me of the Nu Gundam. If they keep making HGs like this, we're in for some very good times.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Marx Headroom posted:

Also I take back my previous shittalk wrt the Moon Gundam. I'm still not a huge fan of the coloration but the kit itself is incredibly well engineered and it has nearly as much detail and options as your typical RG. The movable pipes in the knees remind me of the Nu Gundam. If they keep making HGs like this, we're in for some very good times.

Yeah, it’s not the world’s most interesting Gundam but it’s a tremendous kit.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

I want to order the 1/20 Bandai scopedog. It's either out of stock everywhere else or around $120 or so on second hand sites like Amazon and Ebay.

This is a bit more expensive cause it's the space version but https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1144948440&ref=list&keyword=scopedog%20bandai&lang=en

or https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1102998987&ref=list&keyword=scopedog%20bandai&lang=en if you don't mind it being violet.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Test fit for the body done

Now to figure out what weapons I'm gonna slap on it, how I'm going to slap on some extra thrusters, and what the hell color scheme I'm gonna use...

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

Resist! Humanity demands it! Resist!

My longest build so far at 8 days, feels like half of that was just to sand down the navy parts. Naturally the week of endless sun ends the day I finish it so the lighting sucks :argh:.

I immediately went onto start the Earthree Gundam and oh my god the Core Gundam is so tiny. I knew it was small but actually having one on the desk in front of me really hammers it home.

hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013
Any advice for putting on the little golden dot stickers that go on the RG Eva unit 01’s hands? They’re circular and are supposed to go on these raised dots. I could try cutting around the golden part and sticking that on but I’m not the best at cutting off the blank parts of stickers.

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

I'm tripping right now... Don't fuck this up for me.

Toss them in the garbage and use a gold paint marker.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Any advice for putting on the little golden dot stickers that go on the RG Eva unit 01’s hands? They’re circular and are supposed to go on these raised dots. I could try cutting around the golden part and sticking that on but I’m not the best at cutting off the blank parts of stickers.

Use a toothpick. That's what I do for the really fiddly stickers.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Never use a sticker for something you could do with a marker. This is why I have a sharpie and other marker collection to make any department admin green with envy, in 5 different shades plus metallics.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib
Well I've been putting it off for weeks but it's time to start putting the waterslide decals on this MG Banshee Ver Ka. Looks like there's about 150 on this sheet. See you folks on the other side. I'll let you know what God has to say after I come down from the mountain.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer

Mephiston posted:

And the surprisingly fun but strange Wodom Pod

How was the construction on that one? Any weird seams or gotchas?

I wanna do mine up like the original Wodom since this is as close as we're gonna get :-(

Azubah posted:

They just announced the kits you can get from the online Gundam Expo and it's pretty much all the cool Gundam Base exclusives.

Any chance of a link? Be nice to have a refreshed look and see what's on offer.

MJP fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Aug 17, 2020

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Funny you should mention that, some of them showed up this morning.

https://p-bandai.com/us/search?sort=relevance&character=03-001

The RG Unicorn Perfectability or whatever is going to be $80 and they have that cool blue MG RX-78.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

MJP posted:

How was the construction on that one? Any weird seams or gotchas?
no weird seams in anywhere visible, its pretty high quality for a hg

ofc given that its a syd mead design there's 'seams' that are a visible part of the design, like on the head, so those probably help mask a lot

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
I've also thought about doing a Wodom in classic Turn-A colors but I know if I did I'd also want to try to give it the head cannon, and I'm not nearly a good enough Plastic Engineer for that.

Azubah posted:

Cool, I've been eyeing those Gundam Base exclusive weapon options kits for a while and they seem to be priced really well.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Sykic posted:

My longest build so far at 8 days, feels like half of that was just to sand down the navy parts. Naturally the week of endless sun ends the day I finish it so the lighting sucks :argh:.

I immediately went onto start the Earthree Gundam and oh my god the Core Gundam is so tiny. I knew it was small but actually having one on the desk in front of me really hammers it home.

That's pretty boss not gonna lie.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.

Marx Headroom posted:

Well I've been putting it off for weeks but it's time to start putting the waterslide decals on this MG Banshee Ver Ka. Looks like there's about 150 on this sheet. See you folks on the other side. I'll let you know what God has to say after I come down from the mountain.

I put off decals for the same reason, so I feel you.

Of course when I open up the instructions and all that I realize I only actually want to place like, a tenth of the ones it comes with.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Captain Magic posted:

I put off decals for the same reason, so I feel you.

Of course when I open up the instructions and all that I realize I only actually want to place like, a tenth of the ones it comes with.

I put all six stickers on the RG EVA-01's gun last night. Six on just the gun, this is gonna take a while. The knives get two.

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

I wish they'd do another run of those. I have a Brutishdog dual model coming in from Mandarake but I would love to have the Scopedog in any form and the 1/20 looks sick

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I really wish I can get excited over the expo gunpla but the whole clear thing to me seems...tacky? Its not doing it for me.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Unlucky7 posted:

I really wish I can get excited over the expo gunpla but the whole clear thing to me seems...tacky? Its not doing it for me.

I'm not really into the clear/special coating stuff, but I want like all of the weapon sets and the catapult base

YanniRotten
Apr 3, 2010

We're so pretty,
oh so pretty
The pro buys here are obviously
1) the model kit of the thing that makes model kits
2) the 1:1 haro that you can use as a pencil box or something

Napoleon Nelson
Nov 8, 2012

YanniRotten posted:

The pro buys here are obviously
1) the model kit of the thing that makes model kits

I don't know if you're joking, but those are honestly my top 2

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

The injection molding machine is cute. They were a general release years ago and I had been kicking myself for not picking one up then, but grabbed one at Gundam Base when I was there in February. I’m glad more people will have a chance to get it. :3:

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

Resist! Humanity demands it! Resist!

YanniRotten posted:

Fine, I'll break my principles one more time.

YanniRotten
Apr 3, 2010

We're so pretty,
oh so pretty

Napoleon Nelson posted:

I don't know if you're joking, but those are honestly my top 2

Not especially - I’m not knocking the special coatings or transparent kits but there’s not really anything in “special” that pushes it over to make it something I’d want if I didn’t bother to get the standard kit. Similarly if I do own a kit already I don’t really care to double up to get the special version.

If I didn’t already have a Sazabi ver. Ka $200 for super awesome shiny coating might tempt me. As it stands I’m not building that guy again and I’m very happy with how mine looks with decals, Gundam marker, and a matte coat.

The injection mold is cheap and unique, and I really like stupid Haro stuff. If ever I do put in a P Bandai order those have a good chance of being the only things in it. MAYBE the RG Nu HWS since that’s a pretty cheap add on to a kit I like.

I just ordered some ancient 1/100 scale stuff from USA Gundam Store so it’s possible I’m insane though.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Don’t get a coated kit and double don’t get one that isn’t undergated.

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

Azubah posted:

The RG Unicorn Perfectability or whatever is going to be $80 and they have that cool blue MG RX-78.

Yeah, I’m after both of these personally.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I love the perfectibility but there never being a proper release of the mg is breaking me.

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

Anyone know how good Wave kits are? There's some VOTOMS ones that I've seen that look decent and I don't think they need much painting

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Zeether posted:

Anyone know how good Wave kits are? There's some VOTOMS ones that I've seen that look decent and I don't think they need much painting

I've only built their hangar base kit, but it's solid. Good quality plastic, decent fit. I wouldn't expect Bandai quality, but it should be alright.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

I love the perfectibility but there never being a proper release of the mg is breaking me.

I've built the Gundam Base MG Perfectability. It's, ok?

Unless your posing it with the shields on extra arms off an action base, it can't even sit on it without falling off.

It's was to back heavy for the style of adapter it uses so mine just sits there with the shields on the shelf.