Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Harton posted:

Oh gently caress! At least theoretically the tubing can’t be expensive to replace right? Blumats are my savior as well.

you can get a big roll from sustainablevillage.com for pretty cheap, that's where i get all of my blumat supplies. the bigger annoyance is it can screw up your carefully calibrated settings either by soaking the soil or your needing to remove the 3mm tubing from the blumat to replace it. not the end of the world but annoying to be sure. i'm considering leaving a constant slow drip somewhere nearby just to give a nondestructive option if they keep coming back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

You can do whatever you want in life.

you could also try one of the many options in this channel https://www.youtube.com/user/historichunter

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
oh i've been putting out traps, believe me. i get between one and four hits every night. but i'd rather not have to do that and if there's some way to just steer them to do their own thing and not destroy my stuff that would be great

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!

Agrinja posted:

Where did you get it?

The local head shop. 25 bucks. Passed a 5 panel no issues. Leaked a little, though-Didn't realize that until after I posted. I think I'll buy another for backup.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

The Dregs posted:

The local head shop. 25 bucks. Passed a 5 panel no issues. Leaked a little, though.

Once you get a little older nobody will even question that

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
Good day, kind thread.

edit:

The Dregs posted:

The local head shop. 25 bucks. Passed a 5 panel no issues. Leaked a little, though-Didn't realize that until after I posted. I think I'll buy another for backup.

I see I arrived at an odd time.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
Pretty normal for a lot of posters I'd imagine. Nobody I know is willing to try, so I toke alone.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

huh, I never realized you could use that stuff to fool a piss test. i've just been buying them for the novelty.

Agrinja
Nov 30, 2013

Praise the Sun!

Total Clam
I wonder what would happen if you tried to use the deer piss they sell at outdoor shops.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Ror posted:

huh, I never realized you could use that stuff to fool a piss test. i've just been buying them for the novelty.

You mean you're not buying it for the delicious taste?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Agrinja posted:

I wonder what would happen if you tried to use the deer piss they sell at outdoor shops.

The smell is drastically different. It's been a while since I traipsed down the scent lure aisles, but it's obvious it's not human piss pretty much immediately.

If you're being watched and can't substitute, you need to look at creatine and vitamin B complex at your local GNC or whatever, those are the active ingredients in those "herbal cleanse" drinks. I had to do that with some frequency a long time ago in the army, because they have meatgazers for their piss tests. Dilution is the solution to pollution when you know the testing thresholds and they're higher than zero.

I do not miss getting drug tested for work, since work is trimming weed. I still have a bottle of synthetic around, just in case.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
I love weed

Slider
Jun 6, 2004

Bonzo posted:

I love weed

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Leafly loving lied to me about each of my strains being 40%+ total THC and they’re all under 30 :mad:

Duckwaffle
Nov 8, 2010

If anyone is looking for something extremely :weed: to watch tonight, this twitch channel plays vaporwave remixes of movies.
https://twitch.tv/racerxtrash
https://twitter.com/racertrash/status/1294739057302335488

They are doing speed racer tonight, which should be good if is anything like the super mario bros one they did a couple weeks back.

Heres a clip from the mario bros one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K28B53-OzZk

Epitope
Nov 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Just had the best spark a j with a stranger opportunity in quite a while, and sadly we had to abstain. Covid sucks!

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
my dealer's selling me a couple nerds ropes that are 400 mg of thc each, which is cool

what isn't cool is he's selling them for 110$ lol https://www.ie420supply.com/product/medicated-nerds-rope-400mg-thc-buy-online/

i'll buy from him this last time cause it's my birthday and ive got a little extra money anyways but im gonna drop him after this and look for someone new

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

just learned what glow balls are and got some. i, uh...yow

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

Fano posted:

They went up to 100mg at the places I visited, I was not brave enough to try them.

50mg left me stoned for far too long and induced a lot of anxiety as it was the night before my flight home and I was terrified of going through security with all my leftover candy (FWIW, they don't give a poo poo).

Ok I am like the king of overdoing it but 100mg THC to the dome is gonna gently caress up your world so much, I don't care what it's mixed with. Are you supposed to drink a single 12oz bottle of soda over a day?

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

Ok I am like the king of overdoing it but 100mg THC to the dome is gonna gently caress up your world so much, I don't care what it's mixed with. Are you supposed to drink a single 12oz bottle of soda over a day?

Super high potency drinks like that include a small plastic cup for "dosing" - that's also how they get around the "no edibles more potent than 10mg/serving" rule

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
I can only operate based on taste right now but this nerds rope tastes like a real loving strong edible lol

e:

klapman fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Aug 17, 2020

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
I ran out of butter last night when I had some space oatmeal, and I had a smoke this afternoon, and I feel like I'm never going to be sober again.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
i just ate a whole bag of chips (cape cod salt & vin)

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

YeahTubaMike posted:

I ran out of butter last night when I had some space oatmeal, and I had a smoke this afternoon, and I feel like I'm never going to be sober again.

It's forever and everyone knows.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpSTrry_5Fo

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Oh my god what an amazing and perfect video :haw:

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

The Dregs posted:

Sitting in a Dr office. Just faked a piss test with synthetic urine. Temp was good, no leaks. Feeling like Double OH loving 7.

That is legit badass lol

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Mozi posted:

i just ate a whole bag of chips (cape cod salt & vin)

Salty Vinnies loving rule.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

I definitely clicked this, watched it, then came back here to post it

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
https://twitch.tv/712846148

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
im so ripped off this poo poo lmfao

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Video Nasty posted:

Leafly loving lied to me about each of my strains being 40%+ total THC and they’re all under 30 :mad:

anything that isnt a lab test of a specific nugget is just an estimate. Also, I dont think 40÷ strains exist in the wild, I have definitepy never seen any. They top out at 26 percent in mu experience.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Yeah like how do you know what they tested at? Are you testing them yourself or just guessing?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

The Walrus posted:

anything that isnt a lab test of a specific nugget is just an estimate. Also, I dont think 40÷ strains exist in the wild, I have definitepy never seen any. They top out at 26 percent in mu experience.

Place I'm trimming now has at least one strain clear 30% on test every month, but most fall in the 15-25% window. Usually those higher testing strains have smaller yields. Like 3-5oz per plant instead of 6-9oz or better.

Last place I worked paid their testing lab to fudge numbers, so don't think numbers are ever right. I worked water there and I know their nutes were hosed because the "master grower" was only there once every three weeks and would adjust his formula every drat time, so I was constantly changing poo poo on his order.

The place I trim now, I haven't seen one bit of mold or a speck of powdered mildew. poo poo gets mowed real close, no excess leaf or stem, it's worth what they charge. I'll take a picture of my trim tray later.

40% weed doesn't exist unless it's in a mad weed scientists' basement. Or rolled in kief before sent for test.

Colorado requires 3rd party lab testing if you're going to put numbers on your weed to sell.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Aug 17, 2020

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

The Walrus posted:

I've seen some strains in the PA MMJ dispensaries at 30-36%, but who knows how accurate the testing is.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Harton posted:

Yeah like how do you know what they tested at? Are you testing them yourself or just guessing?
Sorry that wasn't clear. Leafly purported that the strains I added to my cart were each between 40-48% Total THC potency.
The label contains the actual (28.16% was the highest) but I wouldn't have seen that until the dispensary filled my order and handed it to me in a brown paper bag.

e: I have previously gotten 32%+ from this dispensary so I wouldn't have questioned it being 40%+ otherwise.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Oh yeah I wouldn’t trust anything online that’s not just a generalization on higher potency or lower potency strains.

As a grower I never get to test my poo poo and it’s kinda frustrating. I just assume from a baseline of around 15% for edibles cause that seems like a reasonable target.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
in the future somebody will grow a 100% thc bud and it will just melt into a puddle on a hot day

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Welll.... Since most THC from bud comes from THCa, you'd lose something like 11.2% of the molecule weight when you burn off the acid. So a 100% THCa bud would be like 88.7%~ THC.

Yay chemistry and math.

Epitope
Nov 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Place I'm trimming now has at least one strain clear 30% on test every month, but most fall in the 15-25% window. Usually those higher testing strains have smaller yields. Like 3-5oz per plant instead of 6-9oz or better.

Last place I worked paid their testing lab to fudge numbers, so don't think numbers are ever right. I worked water there and I know their nutes were hosed because the "master grower" was only there once every three weeks and would adjust his formula every drat time, so I was constantly changing poo poo on his order.

The place I trim now, I haven't seen one bit of mold or a speck of powdered mildew. poo poo gets mowed real close, no excess leaf or stem, it's worth what they charge. I'll take a picture of my trim tray later.

40% weed doesn't exist unless it's in a mad weed scientists' basement. Or rolled in kief before sent for test.

Colorado requires 3rd party lab testing if you're going to put numbers on your weed to sell.

I wonder how often paying a "higher THC number fee" actually happens. Labs for sure gently caress around (here's one analysis https://www.straightlineanalytics.biz/2017/03/peak-potency-lab-friendliness-is-back-with-a-gusto/), just, how much is outright collusion between grower and tester, versus just a hearty blend of incompetence and fraud

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
That's gonna vary. Like, a lot.

We have some good grows here in Colorado. We have just as many shady grows though. If you're buying in Denver, keep an eye on Westwords' website as they frequently publish recalls. Or if you're really curious about dirty grows, join the Colorado badged network on instagram or facebook, they should he public now. Also, if you want to be thorough while at a dispensary, ask if it's their product, or wholesale. If wholesale, ask who the wholesaler is, and compare to past recalls on Westwords' site. Mjardin (one of the larger grow companies and wholesalers in Colorado) is a frequent flyer on the recall list, so avoid their poo poo like the plague.

They (mjardin) literally put moldy weed on the market before 4/20 last year and didn't issue a recall until weeks later, when it was all surely smoked or trashed.

And if you're in Colorado Springs, avoid the Green Source like the goddamn plague. I can't warn against their weed strongly enough, it's garbage that never gets flushed before harvest and is all machine trim, so you get extra leaf, extra stem with their garbage. Also mold, mildew and bugs grown in 90°F rooms with 90% humidity. poo poo smells like sweat socks.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Aug 18, 2020