Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

That’s literally the Nimbus after it fills up on water you can’t fool me

That cloud runs a fuckin’ racket

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gazaar
Mar 23, 2005

.txt
What does nimbus do all day while Goku and company are off beating the poo poo out of the universe?

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Gazaar posted:

What does nimbus do all day while Goku and company are off beating the poo poo out of the universe?

what do you think clouds do

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Seen today:

Gazaar
Mar 23, 2005

.txt

Stairmaster posted:

what do you think clouds do

It's a magical cloud what do you think clouds do all day.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

they floati n the sky, dumbass

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

magically

Gazaar
Mar 23, 2005

.txt
Nimbus definitely doesn't hang out with basic bitch clouds tho

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I feel like I remember Korin having a bunch of Nimbus clouds under his Lookout. Or something like that. I think it was shown after the RR Army blew up the original one Goku had.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
Yeah there's a big Nimbus prime that Korrin shaves new Nimbus off of.

A subtle reference to the Super Dragonballs.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

arale and the gatchins are also able to ride it

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

You think the cloud is going to tell Arale NO?

ButterSkeleton
Jan 19, 2020

SIZE=XX-LARGE]PLEASE! PLEASE STOP SAYING THE R WORD. GOD, IF SOMEBODY SAID THE R WORD, I WILL HECKIN LOSE IT. JUST PEE PEE MY JORTS. CAN'T YOU JUST CALL THEM A SMOOTHE BRAINED DOTARD LIKE THE REST OF US NORMAL PEOPLE? DERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

P.S. FREE LARRY YOU FUCKIN COWARDS.
Would the flying nimbus count as a tool or is it it's own cognizant being? What im asking is could it have joined the tournament of power and been untouchable

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
General Tao killed the first one and Goku was afraid he'd kill the new one just by powering up, as a team member it'd be only slightly more useful than Tien.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

ButterSkeleton posted:

Would the flying nimbus count as a tool or is it it's own cognizant being? What im asking is could it have joined the tournament of power and been untouchable

As someone who has wholeheartedly devoted himself to JUSTICE, Toppo has but the most pure of hearts, and therefore could beat up the evil, villainous cloud.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

TheHan posted:

General Tao killed the first one and Goku was afraid he'd kill the new one just by powering up, as a team member it'd be only slightly more useful than Tien.

Iirc it was actually some Red Ribbon goons that blew up Nimbus the first time but it turns out it’s a fuckin magic cloud so it didn’t take.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

It was Colonel Silver.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Oh and I had it doubly wrong anyways, Tambourine definitively explodes the original nimbus.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Pretty sure the Nimbus is sentient and is just really picky about who it allows to ride on it. Krillin bragged about being able to ride it, and the Nimbus thought it'd be funny to let him eat poo poo.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Monkey D Luffy apparently can also ride the Nimbus.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Yeah, Col.Silver shoots a bazooka at it and Goku assumes it's gone but the old people in Jingle village tell him nimbus clouds can't be easily destroyed and when he calls it appears as usual. I guess Toriyama planned to have Goku use other means of transport to make the arc feel more adventure-y but then changed his mind making all this pointless (except for the gag of the pilot robot freezing over after bragging about robots not caring about cold).

Tambourine destroys it for good and that's the one replaced by Karin, this time is probably to make Goku spend time with Yajirobe and get to know him.

Petiso fucked around with this message at 12:41 on Aug 19, 2020

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

imagine shooting a cloud with a bazooka thinking it would do anything, and then it kind of does.

that'd be wild

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

It got him an rear end whooping. :v:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Babe Magnet posted:

imagine shooting a cloud with a bazooka thinking it would do anything, and then it kind of does.

that'd be wild

OLD MAN SHOOTS AT CLOUD

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Petiso posted:

Yeah, Col.Silver shoots a bazooka at it and Goku assumes it's gone but the old people in Jingle village tell him nimbus clouds can't be easily destroyed and when he calls it appears as usual. I guess Toriyama planned to have Goku use other means of transport to make the arc feel more adventure-y but then changed his mind making all this pointless (except for the gag of the pilot robot freezing over after bragging about robots not caring about cold).

That was a pretty good gag to be fair. Also Goku wouldn’t have been able to flex on Muscle Tower as hard if he could just fly to the end boss

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.

Nanigans posted:

My question is how he's gonna move around on screen being famously known for never learning to fly. It'd be cool if they have him shooting li'l kamehamehas to sort of zip around like when he used one to get back to the ring in the tournament.

Looks like no super dash is confirmed, but no word on if he has something unique to him to make up for it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gz7r5pHsuyE

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Master roshi going to be rear end confirmed. Once you take away a core mechanic of the game from a character, it's almost guarnteed they will be bad.

Videl doesn't have reflect and she just melts under pressure, so she's bottom tier. Super dash is such an intrinsic part of the game and such an annoyingly useful tool, that I can't see how he's going to be good.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
The magazine scans say he has something called "Master's Leap" instead. Also, they show him zipping around with reverse kamehamehas.

I'll wait until there's at least video of him before deciding.

But whatever, I just play the game for the flashy supers anyway idgaf

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
I'm kinda curious if they'll add Luffy and Toriko, like in their crossover episode.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

They will add aizen sosuke and char

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Freakazoid_ posted:

I'm kinda curious if they'll add Luffy and Toriko, like in their crossover episode.

It wouldn't even be the first time Luffy appears in a Dragon Ball game.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JDzekB863Q

ATTENTION DBZ THREAD

BROLY

GO GO

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Wow, I know it’s a movie and all but Jesus that entire sequence is beyond gorgeous.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

hey it's that movie whoa

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I think Goku and Vegeta should try doing that, to Goat Cell

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

he'd just spirit fission them apart

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Aurora posted:

he'd just spirit fission them apart

Not if they spirit fission him first, whilst dodging all his attacks with UI.

Seriously that would be a perfect way to wrap this arc up. Goku and Vegeta each learnt part of the solution to defeat Moro but lacked the capability to do it single handedly, now they need to work together and combine their methods to defeat him for good.

Oooooor we could get another Deus Ex Machina ending where Zeno just ends up blipping him out of existence, who knows.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

even ui goku had hits landed on him by jiren.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

multijoe posted:

Not if they spirit fission him first, whilst dodging all his attacks with UI.

Seriously that would be a perfect way to wrap this arc up. Goku and Vegeta each learnt part of the solution to defeat Moro but lacked the capability to do it single handedly, now they need to work together and combine their methods to defeat him for good.

Oooooor we could get another Deus Ex Machina ending where Zeno just ends up blipping him out of existence, who knows.

Could Gogeta use UI though? Unlike normal transformations, UI is specifically a state of mind - one Goku could achieve but Vegeta couldn't. With an unified mind that takes from both, would UI still be accessible? It's an interesting question that I doubt will ever get answered and Heroes will just drop UI Gogeta and UI Vegetto eventually with no real context.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

goku still can't re-achieve mui so there's no way gogeta or vegito could. being more powerful doesn't mean you can just use mui