Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

Johnny Joestar posted:

for your posting crimes you will be sent off into the wastes with no supplies

Ah, to return to the Three-Fold Land

And jumara is the shadowspawn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost
Stone Dogs is jerks

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
Sounds like you can't Run With The Stone Dogs so maybe you should Stay In The Sept.

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

I wish the production company would quit calling. I've told them repeatedly I will not play the role of Galad

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Hell I'll be Galad. Bring on my Berelain

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Hell I'll be Galad. Bring on my Berelain

Due to budget cuts you will need to sign a waiver and allow your right arm to be cut off. There will be only one take.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Ok, but im gonna accidentally shank Demandred instead of cutting his leg.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
I will be telling that joke at the pub on Friday.

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

It really is a lovely hat

Johnny Joestar posted:

for your posting crimes you will be sent off into the wastes with no supplies

r/thewastes ?

Sounds grim

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Is there ever any canon source on what the purpose of the True Blood society was for? I always thought it was implied they were Dark Friend hunters, but I'm not sure if I read it in some non-main-book source or just came up with it in my head years ago.

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

Who?

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

One of the Aiel societies? I don't think most of them have any kind of additional description though.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe

UltraRed posted:

Is there ever any canon source on what the purpose of the True Blood society was for? I always thought it was implied they were Dark Friend hunters, but I'm not sure if I read it in some non-main-book source or just came up with it in my head years ago.

Heirn is among the first Aiel we meet and is Tain Shari (True Blood), but I don't remember anything mentioned about them or interactions with Maidens or the other societies we get more exposure to. I haven't looked at my big book of bad art in a long time though, maybe there's something in there.

I know there's some fan-fic stuff about them from WOT Muds and PNP settings, but I really doubt that was sourced from canon.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Man, prologues really got out of hand as the series went on. The prologue for Knife of Dreams is almost 1/7th of the book.

There's nothing like being 4 hours into an audiobook and hearing "The Wheel of Time turns, and ages come and go..."

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

Man, prologues really got out of hand as the series went on. The prologue for Knife of Dreams is almost 1/7th of the book.

There's nothing like being 4 hours into an audiobook and hearing "The Wheel of Time turns, and ages come and go..."

just had that happen in book 7. was really confused that after Pedron ate poo poo the book seemed to be starting.

hot take....maybe there is no need for prologues if an important tertiary character is gonna die.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
When the books were coming out they'd releas the prologues as free promotionals.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice
Now Tor just releases the actual chapters of the book up to like 1/4-1/3 or something.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
https://twitter.com/wotonprime/status/1296129825694875649?s=21

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

Both seem perfect.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

https://twitter.com/WOTonPrime/status/1296130989438033920

yep that looks exactly like liandrin should lol

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
Not familiar with either of them as actors but the looks are a great fit

E: referring to Siuan and Min but Liandrin fits too

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

these castings are good. can't wait for the certain weirdos getting mad about min's casting like they did with nynaeve's!

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Johnny Joestar posted:

these castings are good. can't wait for the certain weirdos getting mad about min's casting like they did with nynaeve's!

yeah

also i thought "wow siuan looks young" but googled and Sophie Okonedo is 52 so they've already got that part of the character down pat

Colonel Cool
Dec 24, 2006

How old is Min? I always had a vague notion she was a few years older than Rand.

Prairie Bus
Sep 22, 2006

So does the Liandrin casting confirm they’re doing Book 2 in the first season, or was she in NS? Kerene was from NS.

^^^ She is a couple years older.

e: also how the heck do you cast Liandrin before Elayne?

Prairie Bus fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Aug 19, 2020

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

Colonel Cool posted:

How old is Min? I always had a vague notion she was a few years older than Rand.

She's like 5 years older or something, about where Nynaeve is. It's kinda interesting that in the early book dynamic she fits in with the younger girls.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Yeah all these castings are spot on, I am really starting to look forward to this.

TURTLE SLUT
Dec 12, 2005

Oh, Kerene is a character from New Spring? Don't remember her at all.

So seems like at this point they're mixing New Spring, Book 1, and Book 2 into Season 1. Which makes sense considering they probably have to do a lot of rethinking and adaptation to make this poo poo work in a sensible amount of seasons.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

eke out posted:

yeah

also i thought "wow siuan looks young" but googled and Sophie Okonedo is 52 so they've already got that part of the character down pat

I also had this same thought, but then again, AIs Sedai are supposed to be weirdly ageless

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i legit just wish i knew a premiere date at this point because waiting for this to happen is gonna be torture.

like, worst case scenario it's just gonna be goofy and something to laugh at. best case scenario, it ends up another game of thrones but doesn't have to deal with 'is finishing before the books do'.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

While her appearance is pretty good, im gonna need to see a hard stare and a dressing down before I can get on board the Sophie train.
Can anyone help me out?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

It's kinda funny because a lot of these castings don't really fit my imagination, but.... neither can I find fault with them.

th3t00t
Aug 14, 2007

GOOD CLEAN FOOTBALL
I hope they continue with their racially blind castings. Cast a blonde as Tuon, black Elayne, black Selucia, pale red heads as sea folk, any race for Aiel etc. It will be entertaining to continue to see people get offended.

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

Prairie Bus posted:

hell yeah ALL ABOARD THE NO-ELAYNE TRAIN! TOOT TOOT MOTHERFUCKERS

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Prairie Bus posted:

So does the Liandrin casting confirm they’re doing Book 2 in the first season, or was she in NS? Kerene was from NS.

^^^ She is a couple years older.

Imagine how much fat you could trim from the series if Elayne didn't exist.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

While her appearance is pretty good, im gonna need to see a hard stare and a dressing down before I can get on board the Sophie train.
Can anyone help me out?

https://www.okayafrica.com/sophie-okonedo-queen-margaret-the-hollow-crown-the-war-of-the-roses/

th3t00t
Aug 14, 2007

GOOD CLEAN FOOTBALL

socialsecurity posted:

Imagine how much fat you could trim from the series if Elayne didn't exist.
Cut the entire Andoran royal family and Faile and we can wrap this thing up in 5 seasons.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
Where is this being filmed? Wondering if it's in a place like New Zealand that isn't a hell hole right now.

Though even if so you still have to fly the actors and actors aren't flying so I imagine production is shut down for the foreseeable future.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

theblackw0lf posted:

Where is this being filmed? Wondering if it's in a place like New Zealand that isn't a hell hole right now.

Though even if so you still have to fly the actors and actors aren't flying so I imagine production is shut down for the foreseeable future.

Prague

https://comicyears.com/tv-shows/wheel-of-time-production-resumes/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Jesus christ, she's perfect.

I've only seen her in Hotel Rwanda, where she was very good but it was hardly the same character.

theblackw0lf posted:

Our government made an exception for Avatar. If they made the right noises, and a healthy contribution to our economy, i would imagine they could film here too.