Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

D-Pad posted:

Speaking of collections, this beauty came in:

Everything in this post is cool as hell and I'm jealous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

I have a lot of Warhammer books. :v: To the point I'd almost need a second shelf for them by now but no room for that.

everyone wear hats now
Jul 29, 2010

Very pleasantly surprised to hear Paul Putner as the voice of the philosophical Ogryn in the Dredge Runners audio drama. Great listen, very fun and atmosphere is spot on.

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

StrixNebulosa posted:

Everything in this post is cool as hell and I'm jealous.

I'll post the rest of my collection when I get home in a couple of days. Nobody I know in real life gives an iota of a gently caress about warhams so I need validation. I have a bunch of LEs and my Sabbat Worlds Crusade is signed by Abnett!

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

How is the Ulrika series anyway? Been kind of curious since I finished Giantslayer a while back and ran out of King's Gotrek and Felix books.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Khizan posted:

I want a Dishonored-like stealth game. Member of the Officio Assassinorum, Inquisitor gone rogue status, Mkoll presumed dead behind enemy lines yet a third time, whatever.

I now want this too.

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
There is a lot of profit to be made by just reskinning other games as 40k ones. Is that creatively bankrupt? Yes. Would I buy any halfway decent one? Also yes.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Just give me a big story driven 40k inquisitor RPG

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

D-Pad posted:

ADB posted on Facebook and mentioned Black Legion 3 is "basically done".

That means we should be getting Spears sequel and BL 3 sometime in the next year or so.

:toot:

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Mass Effect Inquisitor game when

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Tyranny reminded me a little of an Inquisitor game, though it was an unfinished cliffhanger and then made a loss saleswise so no sequel RIP.

You played a "Fatebinder" who was someone given authority to be judge, jury, and executioner, on behalf of a weird godlike being and his despotic empire. On the way you recruit a bunch of weirdos with talents that will be useful to your mission of putting down a rebellion.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
Or joining it.

Tyranny is really really good

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Tyranny was awesome and a 40k rpg like that would be pretty great I bet.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Isn’t there already an Inquisitor RPG video game? Or is that different from what you have in mind?

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
Tyranny had a fine premise and a sort of ok execution, except for some atrocious combat sections.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Yvonmukluk posted:

Isn’t there already an Inquisitor RPG video game? Or is that different from what you have in mind?

Inquistor Martyr is a diablo-esque loot 'em up

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Khizan posted:

I want a Dishonored-like stealth game. Member of the Officio Assassinorum, Inquisitor gone rogue status, Mkoll presumed dead behind enemy lines yet a third time, whatever.

Picking Eversor and going for the equivalent of the Dishonored high chaos ending.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
PSA vermintide is a fun game my gaming squad is just starting with and the base game and two expansion pack is 25 bux rn on ps4.

Buy it and join us! For Sigmar!

Especially if you liked L4D minus pvp but with loot

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Waroduce posted:

PSA vermintide is a fun game my gaming squad is just starting with and the base game and two expansion pack is 25 bux rn on ps4.

Buy it and join us! For Sigmar!

Especially if you liked L4D minus pvp but with loot

I don't have a ps4 anymore, or I would be so down.

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007

StrixNebulosa posted:

drat if I don't want that Grey Knights omnibus....

You can come get my copy at the end of the road on garbage day if you want.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Hotline: 40,000

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Ego-bot posted:

You can come get my copy at the end of the road on garbage day if you want.

If you're genuinely giving it away let me know what shipping is and I might be able to spring for it. I don't care how bad it is, I want to give it a shot. The Ultramarines omnibus wasn't exactly good either but I had a lot of fun reading it for example.

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

I'm reading through the Eisenhorn and Ravenor books and I've seen two different read orders, one without Pariah and one where I read that before going onto The Magos.
The only copies of Pariah I can find are like $60-$100 online. I hate to ask, is it super mandatory to read Pariah like I'll be missing a ton of plot points without it?

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

SardonicTyrant posted:

Hotline: 40,000

I know when that boltgun bling
That can only mean one thing
(Heresy)

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.

Immanentized posted:

Battlefleet Gothic Armada 1/2?

Even just the cutscenes are excellent. There's a compilation of them on YouTube that shouldn't be passed on. One of my favorites is in BGA 2 in which Trazyn meets Cawl and Cawl slowly turns horror movie-style to reveal his hideous form, and calls Trazyn an abomination.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=m7HcASaKzak&t=12m15s

Kevin DuBrow fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Aug 20, 2020

BigShasta
Oct 28, 2010

frogge posted:

I'm reading through the Eisenhorn and Ravenor books and I've seen two different read orders, one without Pariah and one where I read that before going onto The Magos.
The only copies of Pariah I can find are like $60-$100 online. I hate to ask, is it super mandatory to read Pariah like I'll be missing a ton of plot points without it?

I read Magos before Pariah. Magos takes place chronologically first. But after reading both, I did get the feeling that some ah ha type revelations might have wiffed a little on me with reading Magos first.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

NUMBER 1 FULCI FAN posted:

I know when that boltgun bling
That can only mean one thing
(Heresy)
Gotta get a grip!

*mutates into chaos spawn*

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

frogge posted:

It's good and he is currently writing the sequel so I would suggest not skipping it entirely. BL backlog isn't great if you aren't willing to read ebooks because they never keep their poo poo in print.

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

It sounds silly to type this out but I had been looking on Amazon and am not against ebooks but the only one I saw there was in German. I'm blaming the heatwave in my part of the world but it just didn't dawn on me until now to look right on GW's website.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Improbable Lobster posted:

Inquistor Martyr is a diablo-esque loot 'em up

It's a very good one, but that's all that it is.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Given how some of the omnibuses have gone to "used price: 100$+" I would like the black library to reprint 'em so I don't have to break the bank to get 'em. Looking at you, Macharian Crusade. I know I can probably find the individual volumes for cheaper but this is stupid and I hate the FOMO happening when I look at my omnibus wishlist, because I cannot justify spending that much on 40k stuff when I only read so fast.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Guyver posted:

How is the Ulrika series anyway? Been kind of curious since I finished Giantslayer a while back and ran out of King's Gotrek and Felix books.

Not bad from what I recall, I got 1½ books into the trilogy and they're decent. I think my biggest hangup is that Ulrika is written like a hot headed idiot one too many times. Even if that usually ends up costing her. I might need to go back and finish of the series at some point.

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Last of the freelance hackers and
Greatest swordfighter in the world
I've noticed that not a lot of people talk about the Age of Sigmar Black Library stuff, and though it's understandable, I think y'all are sleeping on some pretty fun books. Josh Reynolds is probably the best writer for them. I've read his Spear of Shadows, it's about a group of people brought together by Grungi to find an ancient chaos artifact before a champion of Khorne or a vampire assassin get there first. It has a really cool part where they go to Ghur, Realm of Beasts, where there's a city living on a giant worm. Reynolds also has a novel about the skaven that live there called Skaven Pestilens that's also really good.

I haven't read them, but I've heard that CL Werner also writes really good novels as well. There was also a recent novel on the moon worshipping Gloomspite Gitz that I heard was really spooky and horror tinged.

If you want an audio drama, Realmslayer is about the return of Gotrek and has Brian Blessed voice him, making it a must-listen in my opinion.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/08/19/we-want-your-tales-of-darkness/

Submissions are open for warhammer horror stories.

SerCypher
May 10, 2006

Gay baby jail...? What the hell?

I really don't like the sound of that...
Fun Shoe

I submitted "Accidentally cutting off a part of a model because you thought it was part of the sprue"

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Idea:

Mournival Phantasm

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

I don't follow. :???:

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

MariusLecter posted:

I don't follow. :???:

carnival phantasm is an anime pisstake of the Nasuverse series of visual novels, which has a deep and convoluted lore

the mournival is Horus's advisory group in the Horus Heresy

mournival phantasm would be a pisstake of Warhammer

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dldE5stSQ8o

Seems Andy Chambers penned the story for the Necromunda video game. Looks like a fun Xcom style enterprise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

The name reveal in Gift of the Emperor was unexpected