Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Professor Wayne posted:

You think Zoro is secretly offended no one has asked him about his eye?

I'm waiting for his first serious fight where he opens both eyes to reveal his haki sharingan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Funky Valentine posted:

There's a point in the Bionicle books where a character uses their fire power to absorb all the heat in a room, freezing everything solid, and it owned.

This is the most embarrassing thing I've ever read on these forums

TheKirbs
Feb 16, 2018

True reality is on this side of the screen

Didn't Marvel have Iceman do the reverse of that years before?

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747

Jose posted:

Idk it just came off the heels of a guy asking if he should pick up a anime after someone detailed how creepy it is

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Professorjuggalo posted:

Idk it just came off the heels of a guy asking if he should pick up a anime after someone detailed how creepy it is

Fire Force is like 17 volumes long and Tamaki trips and falls out of her outfit like 5 times. Were you thinking it was the central plot of the story or something?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Nevermind

Larryb fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Aug 21, 2020

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

lol @ all of this.... gas!!!!

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Jose posted:

theres no need to exaggerate to this degree.

Tolth
Mar 16, 2008

PÄDOPHILIE MACHT FREI

Funky Valentine posted:

There's a point in the Bionicle books where a character uses their fire power to absorb all the heat in a room, freezing everything solid, and it owned.

Clearly we've been too long without a chapter, this is a whole new one even for this thread.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Am I just unaware of the implications of the Bionicle series or something cause Funky's posts did not strike me as being as awful as everyone seems to think it is.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Am I just unaware of the implications of the Bionicle series or something cause Funky's posts did not strike me as being as awful as everyone seems to think it is.

It was an unfunny joke

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Sub Harrison posted:

I'm waiting for his first serious fight where he opens both eyes to reveal his haki sharingan

that or he cut his eye to power up his nanomachines

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Pre-hype post that Catviper, Dogstorm and all the minks are going Sulong mode tomorrow.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
good opinion: logias, in general, were bad ideas because they're too ill defined abilities and the powers are too vague for us to tell for when the users are getting fatigued and required the creations of an entire power system that contradicts the beginning like 340 chapters to even remotely combat

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747
ice man go brrrrr

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...
French translation for those of you desperate to end the current conversations.

drat, Franky and Brook..........

Can Of Worms fucked around with this message at 07:09 on Aug 21, 2020

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

tbp posted:

good opinion: logias, in general, were bad ideas because they're too ill defined abilities and the powers are too vague for us to tell for when the users are getting fatigued and required the creations of an entire power system that contradicts the beginning like 340 chapters to even remotely combat
Logia users are so infrequent already, and Haki has been decently balanced around Logias while having applicable uses outside of those fights. Even if I had Haki, I would not want to punch or get close to the man who's made out of molten lava because nobodies shown the level of mastery to be able to coat their entire body for long enough periods of time to fight that. You've still got to be creative, this isn't just DBZ power levels

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

tbp posted:

I respectfully disagree on the ill defined abilities thing since, like, that’s the entire series writ large, and it doesn’t even extend to devil fruits anymore. Like, Zoro can make mini twisters with his swords that pursue his enemies, and that’s one of the moves that he can use with no swords too, so he’s just punching a death tornado into existence in that one movie.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

tbp posted:

Logias had a good run for early villains, where Crocodile and Enel were completely invincible until Luffy discovered (or was naturally) their weakness and found a way to punch them. Once Kuzan appeared though we were digging a hole where every big bad had to be some sort of Logia. I think Oda did a good job introducing totally broken powers like Ice/Light/Poison/Magma in the same arcs where Haki was introduced as a way to combat them. Logias are cool and they're on a level playing field now that it's established that Luffy can just punch everything, and it lets more interesting powers like Big Mom and Kaido become credible threats. Also the title of most 'zero fatigue' power actually goes to paramecia user Cracker who casually claps his hands to create dozens of cookie golems that are on par with Luffy..

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...
Someone's made a quick and dirty english translation. Looks like it has some differences with the french translation so here's my own if you want a second comparison. To be clear, mine is also quick and dirty and there are some expressions I didn't bother smoothing out but it takes less liberties than the other one.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Big spoilers: [spoiler]Pas de chapitre la semaine prochaine.[\spoiler].

Tolth
Mar 16, 2008

PÄDOPHILIE MACHT FREI
New chapter spoiler: I can't believe Big Mom is loving dead.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

huh... it really was nanomachines

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

mmmmmm, this week I’m feeling like it was a SUPER chapter!

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Sub Harrison posted:

Also the title of most 'zero fatigue' power actually goes to paramecia user Cracker who casually claps his hands to create dozens of cookie golems that are on par with Luffy..
That battle was insane in so many ways, but it actually made a point of Cracker’s fatigue vs Luffy’s appetite, its just that both of those were drat near endless.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

sanji... what a chad

Somebody fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Aug 21, 2020

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I actually forgot he could do that

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!
I switched over to the manga at the beginning of 2017 during Whole Cake Island. This is my first Franky moment as a weekly reader and it was worth the wait.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Greatly improved scans are out now:
https://onepiecechapters.com/manga/one-piece-chapter-988/

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Meme Emulator posted:

Fire Force is like 17 volumes long and Tamaki trips and falls out of her outfit like 5 times. Were you thinking it was the central plot of the story or something?

how many times is too many for the underage girl to be depicted naked

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.

Lpzie posted:

huh... it really was nanomachines

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012
As this chapter shows, One Piece is cool and good y’all

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Franky and Brook own

Somebody fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Aug 21, 2020

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Sanji vs the number 1 lead performer huh? Interesting if he doesn't job out. Franky and Brook are cool, Yamato's Oden thing just got weird and I hope Nami and Zeus make up.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
So uh Yamato I think there's a point where idolizing and emulating someone goes a bit too far

Also hell yeah Franky and Brook.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
This is a reminder to not talk about this chapter without spoiler tags until after the official release comes out!

euphemism
Nov 16, 2015

be kind, don't rewind
since zeus got split in two and stayed that way, what are the odds nami gets half of zeus?

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

euphemism posted:

since zeus got split in two and stayed that way, what are the odds nami gets half of zeus?

all roads lead to family court

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Terror Sweat posted:

Franky and Brook own

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Last Celebration posted:

I respectfully disagree on the ill defined abilities thing since, like, that’s the entire series writ large, and it doesn’t even extend to devil fruits anymore. Like, Zoro can make mini twisters with his swords that pursue his enemies, and that’s one of the moves that he can use with no swords too, so he’s just punching a death tornado into existence in that one movie.

what i mean by ill defined (i'm sorry i dont know how to say this well so im gonna have to use a lot of words for a simplish concept) is that like, ace for example can do a billion attacks of big fireball fists (or a more extreme example is katakuri) and it seemingly "costs" them nothing. meanwhile luffy has a almost clear stamina cost every time he does something. logia hits kinda just "happen", at least from my perspective, whereas zoan and paramecia powers feel more "real"