Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Blockhouse posted:

Wouldn't the Red Line sinking like...kill a ton of people?

if only they had a really big boat to put everyone on. like some kind of ark. some kind of, Noah's Ark,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphemism
Nov 16, 2015

be kind, don't rewind

Meme Emulator posted:

Isnt Mary Geois the only settlement up there? It would be kind of poetic for the home of the celestial dragons to be brought down to sea level and equal to everyone else

brought down, all of the water rises up..... theres only one continent left and everyone has to live on it.

some kind of....... one........ piece.... of land.

:thunk:

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The entire Red Line isn't just a sheer cliff like it is near Sabaody. There are almost certainly other settlements along it.

The "DESTROY THE RED LINE" theory was always dumb as hell because there's nothing in the story that points to it in any way.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Well laboon is going to break reverse mountain at some point.

Seriouspost:
Blackbeard mustve wanted whitebeards fruit for something specific rather than it being generally stronk as heck

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
Blackbeard couldn't decide between the devil fruits of the most powerful pirates of his childhood, now he has both Whitebeard and Gold Roger's

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Well laboon is going to break reverse mountain at some point.

He's gonna jump it like Free Willy.

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747
Luffy is gonna show up to the war with the entire sunny in laboons mouth to one up whitebeard’s entrance

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Bleck posted:

if only they had a really big boat to put everyone on. like some kind of ark. some kind of, Noah's Ark,

lol

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
i think basically all the theories as to what the one piece are have virtually no justification. we have vague clues as to some grand mystery that we know the one piece is tied into, but there is no coherent justification to tie them together in basically any way

euphemism
Nov 16, 2015

be kind, don't rewind

tbp posted:

i think basically all the theories as to what the one piece are have virtually no justification. we have vague clues as to some grand mystery that we know the one piece is tied into, but there is no coherent justification to tie them together in basically any way

odas pretty good at this, because i think so long as whatever he does kinda falls in line with one of the many possible outcomes, it'll be super rad and make total sense.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
we already know luffy is gonna destroy fishman island and he's probably going to do it by sinking Mary Geois

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I think the whole "Luffy will destroy Fishman Island" thing isn't supposed to be taken literally

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

After delivering a powerful speech, Luffy will inspire Fishman Island to become the much more progressive and inclusive Fishperson Island.

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all
there will be a food eating contest and let's just say fishman island doesn't stand a chance

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Luffy's gonna punch Fishman Island in the face.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Blockhouse posted:

I think the whole "Luffy will destroy Fishman Island" thing isn't supposed to be taken literally
Considering a big part of the fishfolk motivation is that they want to live elsewhere, I don't think literal destruction out of the question. But yeah, it could mean a lot of things at this point.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

Blockhouse posted:

Sharley looking in her crystal ball at a youtube video called "Monkey D. Luffy DESTROYS Hody Jones with Facts and Logic"

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Bleck posted:

Sharley looking in her crystal ball at a youtube video called "Monkey D. Luffy DESTROYS Hody Jones with Facts and Logic"

Lol

XkyRauh
Feb 15, 2005

Commander Keen is my hero.
Wanna see Toko and Chimney have a smile-off. Creepy!

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

XkyRauh posted:

Wanna see Toko and Chimney have a smile-off. Creepy!

Didnt Toko get forced to eat a SMILE? Thats doping, shes disqualified

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Meme Emulator posted:

Didnt Toko get forced to eat a SMILE? Thats doping, shes disqualified

I think it's something like some part of the SMILE development process creates runoff that makes the inhabitants of her village like that

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

grieving for Gandalf posted:

I think it's something like some part of the SMILE development process creates runoff that makes the inhabitants of her village like that

they eat the already-bitten smile fruit because they have nothing else to eat

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

scary ghost dog posted:

they eat the already-bitten smile fruit because they have nothing else to eat

oh, that's wack. Kaido must pay

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Do you have to bite the fruit to get the power/curse or can you just lick it?

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747
You gotta bite and swallow one piece of it

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.

I was looking at vacation pictures to get prints of for wall decorations and was reminded of this post. This is from the One Piece themed area under Tokyo Tower about a year and a half ago. They had a bunch of original art on display. I was going to make a joke about getting these printed for my place. But now that I look at them, I think having a bunch of One Piece party pages on your wall would be kind of cool.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Professor Wayne posted:

I was looking at vacation pictures to get prints of for wall decorations and was reminded of this post. This is from the One Piece themed area under Tokyo Tower about a year and a half ago. They had a bunch of original art on display. I was going to make a joke about getting these printed for my place. But now that I look at them, I think having a bunch of One Piece party pages on your wall would be kind of cool.

Holy poo poo, Brook’s sound effects in that last panel are shaped like bones. Oda does it again, etc.

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

Does Brook ever make xylophone sounds in the anime?

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Libra posted:

Dont give them ideas because rheyll run them into the ground.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Libra posted:

In episode 956, when Chopper plays Brook's skeleton like a xylophone, he strikes the same rib in succession, yet he produces two clearly different tones. I mean, what are we to believe, that this is a magic xylophone, or something? Ha ha, boy, I really hope somebody got fired for that blunder.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Professor Wayne posted:

Just did a cursory glance at who's selling prints and lol walking into someone's apartment and seeing this on their wall:

Not to mention the 100% discount.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I think I'd do it only if the text was translated to "I couldn't save a single homie!"

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Those are cool

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747
I would know that person cherishes friendsh- I mean crewdom

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick
Speaking of unfortunate panels, a friend of mine went to Japan last year and while they didn't read OP they knew I did and got me a souvenir.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I want "ace is dead :downs:" on a shirt

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747
Someone’s gonna punch you in the chest over it

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Professorjuggalo posted:

Someone’s gonna punch you in the chest over it

An Akainu's fist shirt would actually be pretty rad.

euphemism
Nov 16, 2015

be kind, don't rewind
a shirt where theres two screens with tiny cameras so you can take a picture of whats behind you and display it on the front screen and vice versa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

AIKANU KILLS ACE tshirt pls