Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
A couple of rats got stands in the very next part lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Koichi would have died from the arrow had Josuke not intervened too.

that's because he was a nice boy at the time. then he turned into more of an rear end in a top hat

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

A couple of rats got stands in the very next part lol

and those rats were loving assholes!

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

grieving for Gandalf posted:

that's because he was a nice boy at the time. then he turned into more of an rear end in a top hat

and those rats were loving assholes!

I gotta admit I'm fully on board for accepting "being an rear end in a top hat = stand" as canon

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

I gotta admit I'm fully on board for accepting "being an rear end in a top hat = stand" as canon

I can't think of even one Stand user who isn't an rear end in a top hat in some respect

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

I can't think of even one Stand user who isn't an rear end in a top hat in some respect

My gut reaction was Tonio, but I saw him go all Gordon Ramsey on Josuke for entering his kitchen without washing his hands.

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.
Taking hygiene seriously in your restaurant is exact opposite of being an rear end in a top hat.

On the other hand, putting your "pearl jam" in your customer's food is a real dick move.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Tonio is the only person I thought of, but I think he has to be kind of an rear end in a top hat to gaslight Josuke about Okuyasu's body horror, and I guess he doesn't warn ANY of his customers about that!

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Dragonwagon posted:

Taking hygiene seriously in your restaurant is exact opposite of being an rear end in a top hat.
Coming at anyone like a serial killer is pretty rough. And yeah, lacing your customer's food with, admittedly the best thing that could happen to them, without their consent is a dick move.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
He went poaching once, poaching is an rear end in a top hat move even if it was for a good reason. At least he's better than his brother though.

Shizuka is only as much of an rear end in a top hat as any other baby is, dunno what made her an rear end in a top hat compared to any other baby stand users.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

FirstAidKite posted:

He went poaching once, poaching is an rear end in a top hat move even if it was for a good reason. At least he's better than his brother though.

Shizuka is only as much of an rear end in a top hat as any other baby is, dunno what made her an rear end in a top hat compared to any other baby stand users.

She was about to kill that one dog, thankfully Joseph knew what araki's deal was by that point and saved it

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Shizuka is an invisible child that gets raised by Joseph. that kid's gonna be an rear end in a top hat

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Feeling sad that we never got a Shizuka part now.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

sirtommygunn posted:

Feeling sad that we never got a Shizuka part now.

Yeah, extremely :same:, woulda been nice if she even showed up in a future part in any capacity

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
She was in every scene in Part 6 what're you talking about.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Pocoloco, maybe

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

NickRoweFillea posted:

Pocoloco, maybe

he's lazy and doesn't help his elderly fellow sharecropper, instead choosing to daydream and look at clouds

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

he's lazy and doesn't help his elderly fellow sharecropper, instead choosing to daydream and look at clouds

On the other hand he joins the race to get money so his dad doesn't have to sharecrop anymore.

Also so Pocoloco doesn't have to work and can just look at those sick clouds.

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747
As much as I loved part 7 I really thought pocoloco and sandman were gonna do a lot more than what happened

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Scolippi is pretty nice all things considered. He doesn't explain his Stand well enough to others but that's about his only real flaw.

And I know people aren't in here calling Yasuho an rear end in a top hat. That'd just be untrue.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

anyone who calls foo an rear end in a top hat will suffer my wrath

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Emporio is a nice young man too. You don't have to be a prick to use a Stand, but it helps!!

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

It's cool how pocoloco has the most powerful stand and it's the easiest to explain.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Ultra Instinct but a comedy Stand

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

multijoe posted:

Emporio is a nice young man too. You don't have to be a prick to use a Stand, but it helps!!

Jolyne eventually set her kid straight, by the end he was smashing a dude's head in like a really Stand user should.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Terror Sweat posted:

It's cool how pocoloco has the most powerful stand and it's the easiest to explain.

In a world where part 7 was the first JoJo, people would be talking about how Pocoloco's first lap in the race was the perfect introduction to Stands.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Terror Sweat posted:

Didn’t a data book say his stand doesn’t actually do anything other than cheer for him and provide advice and the luck is all Pocoloco’s?

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

RatHat posted:

Didn’t a data book say his stand doesn’t actually do anything other than cheer for him and provide advice and the luck is all Pocoloco’s?

I've heard that, but Hey-Ya clearly can see causality to some degree as it tells Poccoloco about things like the Cow's corpse or the exact timing of the blizzard which are things Poccoloco could not have known beforehand.

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Brought To You By posted:

I've heard that, but Hey-Ya clearly can see causality to some degree as it tells Poccoloco about things like the Cow's corpse or the exact timing of the blizzard which are things Poccoloco could not have known beforehand.

Galaxy brain take:

Hey-Ya promised Poccoloco first place in the race

He only got second place - Dio finished first, and Johnny was unable to finish the race at all

Hey-Ya assured Poccoloco multiple times that even though particularly skilled individuals may temporarily outweigh his luck, he'll always pull through given time

Dio didn't stop at the finishing line - he rode on, and noone knew where, so the officials were unable to pronounce him winner

Then he dead

Winner is presumably pronounced missing - first place goes to Poccoloco a while later, however long it takes for them to give up

Meaning

HEY-YA WAS THE TRUE CAUSE OF DIO'S DEATH

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

Torquemadras posted:

Galaxy brain take:

Hey-Ya promised Poccoloco first place in the race

He only got second place - Dio finished first, and Johnny was unable to finish the race at all

Hey-Ya assured Poccoloco multiple times that even though particularly skilled individuals may temporarily outweigh his luck, he'll always pull through given time

Dio didn't stop at the finishing line - he rode on, and noone knew where, so the officials were unable to pronounce him winner

Then he dead

Winner is presumably pronounced missing - first place goes to Poccoloco a while later, however long it takes for them to give up

Meaning

i mean, when you put it that way, it's almost like wonder of u, but instead of conspiring with the universe to murder anyone looking for tooru, hey-ya conspires with the universe to make poccoloco have a swell life

Crusader fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Sep 2, 2020

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Does hey-ya completely alter reality to suit its whims? Did it know what would happen? Is the future set in stone? Far too little is known of this, the most powerful stand to ever grace the pages of Jojo's Bizarre Adventure. Thank god pocoloco is such a chill dude

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

idiots always have the most worldbustingly powerful stands every time

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Would Hey-Ya help Pocoloco kill his opponent or just help him find the best way to escape?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Brought To You By posted:

Yeah that would fall under the gives advice part.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Electric Phantasm posted:

Would Hey-Ya help Pocoloco kill his opponent or just help him find the best way to escape?

Hey Ya would tell Pocoloco to run behind a rock and then when his opponent would give chase, they would explode.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

hey-ya is not wonder of u

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Hey-Ya! is basically Domino's power from X-men but with a bucket headed avatar to give you shoulder rubs and hype you up.

Torquemadras posted:

So what you're saying is, if Poccoloco hadn't participated DIO would have actually survived the events of the bunker and gotten first place?

I believe it.

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

Aurora posted:

hey-ya is not wonder of u

i went back to find his commentary and you're right, that's certainly araki's intent:

Hirohiko Araki posted:

A stand that only gives Pocoloco more courage, right? It doesn't really do anything. It doesn't make you lucky, but it can help you feel more optimistic.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Electric Phantasm posted:

Pocoloco wouldn’t be in a fight to begin with

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

I do like the idea that Hey-Ya has a bit of future sight and that's the only ability it has. It just tells Pocoloco what will happen if he does X, but X won't happen if Pocoloco chooses to do something else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.
So it's Paisley Park, but less obtuse?