Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Balsa
May 10, 2020

Turbo Nerd
I'm really looking for something to help filter anime coming down to Sonarr, Im a usenet nerd mostly and if sonarr downloads another loving raw.....

I've been thinking about making a script for postprocess on NZBGet to check if the media file has sub file with english words in it, or OCR the first 5 minutes and see if there is any english on screen...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

Balsa posted:

I'm really looking for something to help filter anime coming down to Sonarr, Im a usenet nerd mostly and if sonarr downloads another loving raw.....

I've been thinking about making a script for postprocess on NZBGet to check if the media file has sub file with english words in it, or OCR the first 5 minutes and see if there is any english on screen...

I don't use usenet, but when you're setting for a specific show it might help to pick a sub group and set that as part of your filter? Just find the release group that releases first each week and use them.

I also know in Medusa you can set ignore words (like raw) which might help if the titles have the word raw in them.

Balsa
May 10, 2020

Turbo Nerd

Kingnothing posted:

I don't use usenet, but when you're setting for a specific show it might help to pick a sub group and set that as part of your filter? Just find the release group that releases first each week and use them.

I also know in Medusa you can set ignore words (like raw) which might help if the titles have the word raw in them.

Ah, that has become more of a issue as of late, the release groups are all over the place now. I tend to add a anime a few weeks before it airs :(

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

Balsa posted:

Ah, that has become more of a issue as of late, the release groups are all over the place now. I tend to add a anime a few weeks before it airs :(

I would check out HorribleSubs. Their subs aren't super quality, but they're incredibly fast on release time and more than serviceable.

If you're unsure about what group you want to use, most Raw groups put raw in their name. Just add raw to the exclusion list and you'll filter most of it out that way.

Creature
Mar 9, 2009

We've already seen a dead horse
I’ve been running a Plex library on my iMac for a few years now but I’m moving over to a 2019 Shield TV Pro which will act as both the server and playback unit. Does anyone know if it’s possible to migrate my existing library to the Shield or is it a lost cause?

Also, my content is currently on a couple of external HDDs which are formatted as HFS+. I plan on leaving them this way as I understand the Shield should be able to read them, are there any issues I should look out for?

Balsa
May 10, 2020

Turbo Nerd

Creature posted:

I’ve been running a Plex library on my iMac for a few years now but I’m moving over to a 2019 Shield TV Pro which will act as both the server and playback unit. Does anyone know if it’s possible to migrate my existing library to the Shield or is it a lost cause?

Also, my content is currently on a couple of external HDDs which are formatted as HFS+. I plan on leaving them this way as I understand the Shield should be able to read them, are there any issues I should look out for?

Not really, a lot of what plex does is done by file path. if you are good with SQLite you can do some queries on it to port everything over. Thats the best advice I can give.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes
Anyone user Sonarr/Radarr with torrents and know if there's a way to move completed downloads rather than copy them?

I'm using Deluge and when I add media in Sonarr/Radarr I tell them I want it on my external drive. It is working but what appears to happen is files are downloaded to my internal drive then copied & renamed. The problem is my external drive has about 20x the capacity of my internal one which keeps getting filled, so every now and then I have to log in and delete things.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

nexus6 posted:

Anyone user Sonarr/Radarr with torrents and know if there's a way to move completed downloads rather than copy them?

I'm using Deluge and when I add media in Sonarr/Radarr I tell them I want it on my external drive. It is working but what appears to happen is files are downloaded to my internal drive then copied & renamed. The problem is my external drive has about 20x the capacity of my internal one which keeps getting filled, so every now and then I have to log in and delete things.

You shouldn't be deleting the torrents immediately - that's a hit and run. Kinda makes the system not work.

I'm using the "AutoRemovePlus" plugin in Deluge to remove torrents after they have seeded back 1:1 or after 2 weeks, whichever comes first.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

Cool, I'll check that out. Thanks!

Edit: Turns out installing deluge plugins is more of a rabbit hole than I thought.

Edit edit: There are specific releases the README does not direct you to

nexus6 fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Sep 1, 2020

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

nexus6 posted:

nexus6 posted:

Cool, I'll check that out. Thanks!

Edit: Turns out installing deluge plugins is more of a rabbit hole than I thought.

Edit edit: There are specific releases the README does not direct you to

I don't use Radarr/Sonarr, but the easiest solution would to use the labels plugin built-in to Deluge. That'll give you the option to sort torrents neatly, but also allows you to move completed torrents (not copy) to whatever directory you want after they've finished downloading.

Open up Deluge preferences, go to Plugins on the left, and tick the Labels checkbox:

You should now see a Labels filter on the lefthand side of Deluge:

Right click the labels filter bar to add a new label. I added one called 'test_label':

Right click the newly created label to view their options:

There you can see the option to move completed downloads for that label:

You just have to tag each download with whatever label in order for it to work. Super simple and easy.

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

Motronic posted:

You shouldn't be deleting the torrents immediately - that's a hit and run. Kinda makes the system not work.

Deluge has the capability to move (and rename) the file, but it's still known by deluge as the file referenced by the torrent. so it doesn't strictly have to be a hit and run

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Sir DonkeyPunch posted:

Deluge has the capability to move (and rename) the file, but it's still known by deluge as the file referenced by the torrent. so it doesn't strictly have to be a hit and run

Ahhhh, okay. I suppose I should figure that out :)

Of course, once I get more than a couple hundred torrents the interface stops showing them at all and I have to just nuke the torrent directory. I should probably be more concerned with that.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

What version of Deluge? I had problems like that with 1.3, not so much with 2.0.

But I've also decided to take advantage of docker and just run multiple instances of it. One for sonarr, one for lidarr, one for poo poo I grab by hand.

Balsa
May 10, 2020

Turbo Nerd

Motronic posted:

Ahhhh, okay. I suppose I should figure that out :)

Of course, once I get more than a couple hundred torrents the interface stops showing them at all and I have to just nuke the torrent directory. I should probably be more concerned with that.

Sonarr and Radarr support hard linking. Hard linking allows for the file to apper in two places but only take up the size of one. This allows Plex/Deluge to keep using the file for seeding and such.

Downside. This cannot happen across filesystems :(

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Any rumors of a new Nvidia Shield any time soon? My old FireHD on the secondary tv down in the basement has started choking on 4k hevc stuff that the upstairs Shield Pro handles just fine. Was thinking of snagging one of the Shield tubes to replace it, but it's not a super pressing concern so if something new was close I can wait.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

Am confus. I've got a server running and I've been able to add my folks as managed users. When they installed the app on their TV I just needed to enter a code on plex.tv. My friend has downloaded the Plex app on his tablet but can't see how you join a server. Does he need a Plex account even as a managed user?

madsushi
Apr 19, 2009

Baller.
#essereFerrari

nexus6 posted:

Am confus. I've got a server running and I've been able to add my folks as managed users. When they installed the app on their TV I just needed to enter a code on plex.tv. My friend has downloaded the Plex app on his tablet but can't see how you join a server. Does he need a Plex account even as a managed user?

A managed user is just a sub-user of your Plex account. You'd sign in with your Plex account, and then they pick their managed user when prompted.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yeah, I wouldn't set up Managed users for anyone outside your household beyond parents. Don't do it for friends. Just invite people through email addresses in the Settings for your server and if they don't have an account they'll be prompted to make one.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

EL BROMANCE posted:

Yeah, I wouldn't set up Managed users for anyone outside your household beyond parents. Don't do it for friends. Just invite people through email addresses in the Settings for your server and if they don't have an account they'll be prompted to make one.

Gotcha, thanks.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Enos Cabell posted:

Any rumors of a new Nvidia Shield any time soon? My old FireHD on the secondary tv down in the basement has started choking on 4k hevc stuff that the upstairs Shield Pro handles just fine. Was thinking of snagging one of the Shield tubes to replace it, but it's not a super pressing concern so if something new was close I can wait.

I've doubt it as they can barely keep the current models in stock due to popularity. If you don't want to spend that much on the tube, Google is soon releasing their version of a "fire stick" for $50 that has he same GUI as the Shield. However its already known that the Google stick will have ads (just like the the Fire stick does) but the nVidia products will not (for now?).

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

Bonzo posted:

I've doubt it as they can barely keep the current models in stock due to popularity. If you don't want to spend that much on the tube, Google is soon releasing their version of a "fire stick" for $50 that has he same GUI as the Shield. However its already known that the Google stick will have ads (just like the the Fire stick does) but the nVidia products will not (for now?).

Gah, I was thinking that would be a cheap rear end Roku killer.

I'll probably still grab one to play with.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Balsa posted:

Sonarr and Radarr support hard linking. Hard linking allows for the file to apper in two places but only take up the size of one. This allows Plex/Deluge to keep using the file for seeding and such.

Downside. This cannot happen across filesystems :(

It's across filesystems. Of course.

Balsa
May 10, 2020

Turbo Nerd

Motronic posted:

It's across filesystems. Of course.

Then your only choice is copy.

Now a overlay filesystem can help /some/ to make things look like they are on the same drive. but really on two separate drives. think of it like lovely raid, or a file router.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Balsa posted:

Now a overlay filesystem can help /some/ to make things look like they are on the same drive. but really on two separate drives. think of it like lovely raid, or a file router.

Yeah, no. Not playing those games on my FreeNAS box. And dedup is.......well, it's cheaper to add more drives than deal with the overhead of that.

Balsa
May 10, 2020

Turbo Nerd

Motronic posted:

Yeah, no. Not playing those games on my FreeNAS box. And dedup is.......well, it's cheaper to add more drives than deal with the overhead of that.

Ah ya.. I'm more of a GDrive abuser. Already got 2 PB in it already.

Violator
May 15, 2003

Balsa posted:

Ah ya.. I'm more of a GDrive abuser. Already got 2 PB in it already.

Wow!

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Motronic posted:

I have my Deluge set to download to a SSD, then move everything to a staging folder on my ZFS array. Sonarr/Radarr then hardlinks from that staging folder to where Plex actually picks up files.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

IOwnCalculus posted:

I have my Deluge set to download to a SSD, then move everything to a staging folder on my ZFS array. Sonarr/Radarr then hardlinks from that staging folder to where Plex actually picks up files.

Ohhhh, that's a good idea. My setup is still overcomplicated for that (multiple arrays due to how I've been adding storage) but I need to fix that......

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

Most of the files I have are HEVC and 5.1, but I ditched having satellites in the living room for some good stereo speakers. What's the easiest way to downmix my library to stereo, if at all possible?

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

Penpal posted:

Most of the files I have are HEVC and 5.1, but I ditched having satellites in the living room for some good stereo speakers. What's the easiest way to downmix my library to stereo, if at all possible?

You shouldn't need to do this...?

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Penpal posted:

Your Plex server will transcode 5.1 audio streams down to 2.0 if the client device requires it.

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

Oh, okay. I've set Plex + my shieldtube to output stereo, but I'm still finding in some 5.1 films the dialogue/center channel is quiet, and I don't want to babysit the remote for volume.

I've tried setting the volume boost to different settings, the loudest one making a small difference but I still get whispers followed by huge explosions sometimes.

I have the shield set to never use surround sound, and I've only just noticed in the advanced settings of the Plex Media player app that passthrough was disabled... I can change it to HDMI or optical. I have the shield running HDMI to my TV, where I have the speakers plugged in with a optical connection. I don't know which one to check, guess I'll try both 🤔

I will try loving around with the settings more

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Penpal posted:

Oh, okay. I've set Plex + my shieldtube to output stereo, but I'm still finding in some 5.1 films the dialogue/center channel is quiet, and I don't want to babysit the remote for volume.

I've tried setting the volume boost to different settings, the loudest one making a small difference but I still get whispers followed by huge explosions sometimes.

I have the shield set to never use surround sound, and I've only just noticed in the advanced settings of the Plex Media player app that passthrough was disabled... I can change it to HDMI or optical. I have the shield running HDMI to my TV, where I have the speakers plugged in with a optical connection. I don't know which one to check, guess I'll try both 🤔

I will try loving around with the settings more

You can see if Plex is properly transcoding the audio streams to 2.0 stereo by using the Plex Dash app for iOS/Android. Also, is your TV a smart TV? I remember having to change my brother's Roku TV to stereo output in order to get Plex to properly transcode 5.1 HD audio streams to 2.0 AAC stereo for his sound bar.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Honestly, movie studios don't seem to truly "get" what 2.0 users and non-audiophiles are looking for. I want a 2.0 track where the loudest things that happen in the movie happen at the same volume as dialog. Because yeah, I don't want to babysit the remote. The kids are asleep 30 feet away, and I want to hear what people are saying. I don't need explosions to be louder than what people are saying. I don't need music to fill the room.

Volume normalizing only does so much, please just give me a "watching through my tv speakers" 2.0 track I don't have to babysit.

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

Remixing an entire movie for you isn’t going to happen.

The Sonos enhance voices and night modes work well enough for me.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

sellouts posted:

For most people. It's annoying they can't be assed to give people a chance at good audio.

I used handbrakes "drc" to crush multichannel audio into 2.0. I also add a little gain. Ffmpeg has similar options. I can dig it up later.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

sellouts posted:

You're saying this like I'm some kind of edge case. Pretty much every non-home-theater-weirdo has this same complaint. Considering 99% of a movie's life is spent being watched by people at home it seems worth doing, especially when they're already remixing to have a 2.0 track at all.

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

TheScott2K posted:

You're saying this like I'm some kind of edge case. Pretty much every non-home-theater-weirdo has this same complaint. Considering 99% of a movie's life is spent being watched by people at home it seems worth doing, especially when they're already remixing to have a 2.0 track at all.

And what percentage of box office returns?

I imagine a sizable budget and complex approval process to get it signed off by producers, director, mixers, studio people, etc. And all of those people do have very nice home theatre setups so I’m not sure they see the point.

Hey, I have the same complaints sometimes, but I also won’t vote with my wallet enough because of it so I’m not sure why it would change.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

sellouts posted:

And what percentage of box office returns?

I imagine a sizable budget and complex approval process to get it signed off by producers, director, mixers, studio people, etc. And all of those people do have very nice home theatre setups so I’m not sure they see the point.

Hey, I have the same complaints sometimes, but I also won’t vote with my wallet enough because of it so I’m not sure why it would change.

Just gonna be a giant soggy dipshit about this huh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

TheScott2K posted:

Honestly, movie studios don't seem to truly "get" what 2.0 users and non-audiophiles are looking for. I want a 2.0 track where the loudest things that happen in the movie happen at the same volume as dialog. Because yeah, I don't want to babysit the remote. The kids are asleep 30 feet away, and I want to hear what people are saying. I don't need explosions to be louder than what people are saying. I don't need music to fill the room.

Volume normalizing only does so much, please just give me a "watching through my tv speakers" 2.0 track I don't have to babysit.

Volume leveling on the Roku works really well for fixing this, except it occasionally introduces popping that requires a reboot.