Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Ryaomon posted:

Speaking of unfortunate panels, a friend of mine went to Japan last year and while they didn't read OP they knew I did and got me a souvenir.

Your friend got you a t-shirt that says "Thank you for loving me" on it huh?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I think you’re reading too much into Akainu blasting a hot load into ace from behind tbh

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
even then i think itd be kind of sweet for a friend to get me a shirt that says that, if they did so deliberately

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick
to clarify they didn't know what it said, didn't know the context, and only recognized it because of the artstyle

not that im complaining or anything it's just funny, it'd be like me saying hey man i saw this dragon ball shirt at the store and know how much you love that show check it out [picture of krillin seconds before exploding]

Ryaomon fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Sep 2, 2020

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Being alive is pretty much a constant stream of embarrassment.
Fun Shoe

Professor Wayne posted:

I was looking at vacation pictures to get prints of for wall decorations and was reminded of this post. This is from the One Piece themed area under Tokyo Tower about a year and a half ago. They had a bunch of original art on display. I was going to make a joke about getting these printed for my place. But now that I look at them, I think having a bunch of One Piece party pages on your wall would be kind of cool.

Sometimes I forget what Chopper looked like back in the days before someone realized he would make better merch if he were cuter. These pics form a pretty nice timeline of his transformation.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Bisse posted:

AIKANU KILLS ACE tshirt pls

Ask and you shall receive.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

AndwhatIseeisme posted:

Sometimes I forget what Chopper looked like back in the days before someone realized he would make better merch if he were cuter. These pics form a pretty nice timeline of his transformation.

Iirc the reason Chopper changed is cause they casted Pikachu’s voice actor for him in the anime, then Oda said “eff it, he’s still the same character no matter how he looks” and gradually changed his appearance.

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012
I'm rewatching Skypiea at the moment and I forgot how much I love this arc.

The setting is beautiful, I love the Sky Island combat being based around various dials and using them creatively, I love the focus Robin gets for one episode where she defeats Yama and then explores the ruins, the fights with the priests and Shandians are creative and fun. I think after Wano an arc based on the Strawhats just exploring an island and being pirates like this without a massive world conflict happening around them would be pretty awesome. Plus if they could bring back dial combat somehow in the future that would also be really great.

Honestly though, I could just watch episodes of Robin exploring ruins, trying to circumvent obstacles and taking notes.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I wanted to see how the One Piece wiki was doing and I find it very funny that they are going to great lengths to avoid using any pronouns to refer to Yamato.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

lmao... don't mind me just sweeping everything under this rug here

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
(Spoiler]Not much this chapter to spoil but here we go
More of the Numbers appear and Big Mom says they are “failed ancient giants that Kaido got from Punk Hazard”? I guess Caesar was trying to create artificial Oars? Probably best to wait until an actual translation to speculate.
Sanji is a little beat up but fine, his suit saved him. Luffy and Zoro try to go the roof to help fight Kaido but are blocked by King and Queen. Seems like this is going to be all the Straw Hats(and allies) vs King, Queen, and Big Mom. Also we get a nice 2 page spread of the full crew at the end.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Sep 4, 2020

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

Waffleman_ posted:

I wanted to see how the One Piece wiki was doing and I find it very funny that they are going to great lengths to avoid using any pronouns to refer to Yamato.

I'll take that over Danbooru's policy of calling Okiku a boy and Yamato a girl regardless of how they're presenting.

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011

ThingOne posted:

I'll take that over Danbooru's policy of calling Okiku a boy and Yamato a girl regardless of how they're presenting.

Anime dorks think they're really sticking it to normies by doing this. I wonder if characters like Bon Clay and Ivankov just fly over their heads.

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Bon Clay and Ivankov are far beyond their comprehension.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

https://onepiecechapters.com/manga/one-piece-chapter-989/

Fan translation. Nice to finally have all the crew together again, but isn't Carrot missing? Unless...

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

It's not

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
What a chapter

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

I'm glad the rest of the Numbers are actually monstrous. That first one had me worried

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

So is that the end result of the caesars child experiments?

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Now that's a quality One Piece chapter

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Holy gently caress that was awesome

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Robin and Jinbei continues to be the team I didn't know I needed.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Rigged Death Trap posted:

I believe it's a different, prior experiment. Also I thought we saw their shadows in the Oden flashback, fighting dogstorm and cat viper, so if I'm not misremembering, then they're old, possibly not even Caesar's experiments but maybe Vegapunk or someone elses?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Oh Snapple! posted:

Through most of her journey she was the only adult on the crew, until Franky and Brooke joined and they don't exactly act like an adult so she's probably thrilled to have someone mature to talk to

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

Rigged Death Trap posted:

I'm pretty sure the Numbers are the prototypes to the child experiments. The kids were round 2 (or 3, or 4, or...), where Caesar was trying to improve upon his previous attempt(s).

Also holy crap what a good chapter. It's been so long since Robin has done something so cool.... The whole crew teaming up to defeat Big Mom while Luffy goes on to beat Kaido looks like a real possibility here.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

"It doesn't feel like we're going to lose" you fool, you idiot, you absolute moron, this is the last thing you should ever say at any point and definitely not both in the chapter title and as the last line of the chapter

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Nah, sometimes you have to strut. They've eaten poo poo for awhile, I mean a child got crucified, they are allowed to talk some smack.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Oh Snapple! posted:

I love our fish person pirate dad and archeologist Uma Thurman pirate mom.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

gently caress yeah that's a good chapter

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Open up your Dethday present
It's a box of fucking nothing

Exciting Lemon

RatHat posted:

Not much this chapter to spoil but here we go
More of the Numbers appear and Big Mom says they are “failed ancient giants that Kaido got from Punk Hazard”? I guess Caesar was trying to create artificial Oars? Probably best to wait until an actual translation to speculate.
Sanji is a little beat up but fine, his suit saved him. Luffy and Zoro try to go the roof to help fight Kaido but are blocked by King and Queen. Seems like this is going to be all the Straw Hats(and allies) vs King, Queen, and Big Mom. Also we get a nice 2 page spread of the full crew at the end.

You know you've spoiler tagged that you're spoiling right?

RE: shirts I kind of want one with Ace's tattoo now that you mention it. Just in black lettering the
A
S
C
E

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

incredible chapter

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
idk why the scenes of luffy attempting to go out the roof and finding zoro casually were so endearing and funny to me

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Man with Hat posted:

You know you've spoiler tagged that you're spoiling right?

RE: shirts I kind of want one with Ace's tattoo now that you mention it. Just in black lettering the
A
S
C
E

That one was on me, they didn't spoiler tag the first line, but I thought it inadvertently spoilered the tone/content of the chapter, so l covered it up. Probably should have put a parenthetical spoilers warning in there.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
As an aside I hope oda isn't working himself too hard. The art felt more spacious than usual, with a bunch of empty background and speed lines, as well as there being a couple of small, squished, rough looking panels. Hard to say how much of that is the cleaned up fan translation vs the official though.

euphemism
Nov 16, 2015

be kind, don't rewind
this is probably the first chapter where jinbe felt like part of the actual crew, and not just a guy who dedicated his life to luffy and was declared an official strawhat. he's here. he's with us forever.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
DOCKING

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Julias posted:

That one was on me, they didn't spoiler tag the first line, but I thought it inadvertently spoilered the tone/content of the chapter, so l covered it up. Probably should have put a parenthetical spoilers warning in there.

Ah my bad

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

RatHat posted:

Ah my bad

Eh, not a big deal.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

tbp posted:

idk why the scenes of luffy attempting to go out the roof and finding zoro casually were so endearing and funny to me

Luffy has his crew he cares for as Captain but he is legit friends with zoro and they understand each other which leads to little moments like this chapter and earlier in wano just being pleasant as Luffy meets his friend and they do what they do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

I cannot decide now if Franky, Robin, or Jinbei is the best strawhat. Am I allowed to say they all are