Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.

muscles like this! posted:

If someone likes Chainsaw Man I would definitely recommend Fire Punch just with the warning that Fire Punch is MUCH MORE depressing and hosed up than Chainsaw Man. There's still some levity like a character that's obsessed with old action movies and yes, the motivation of one of the series' main villains involves Star Wars but there's a lot of bad stuff happening to a lot of characters.

Much more depressing and hosed up so far!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoren
May 28, 2008
I kind of wish I read Fire Punch as a weekly manga rather than marathoning it. The slower releases really help you appreciate the crazy poo poo the author comes up with.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

I just binged Fire Punch as it seemed to come up here a few times and I couldn't help but feel like there were story beats missing. Maybe because I binged it I wasn't following along nearly as closely as I am Chainsaw Man but... Yeah, it wasn't bad but it didn't feel anywhere near as cohesive.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Robviously posted:

I just binged Fire Punch as it seemed to come up here a few times and I couldn't help but feel like there were story beats missing. Maybe because I binged it I wasn't following along nearly as closely as I am Chainsaw Man but... Yeah, it wasn't bad but it didn't feel anywhere near as cohesive.

Fire Punch is more or less just seeing how many shonen tropes can be obliterated in as short a time as possible. Chainsaw Man has elements of this as well, but it feels like that was Fire Punch's entire purpose.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Kobeni's ice cream didn't taste of anything... is this because Chainsawman also ate ice cream?

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Elfface posted:

Kobeni's ice cream didn't taste of anything... is this because Chainsawman also ate ice cream?

But that also would mean that burgers.... Oh... Oh no....

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Robviously posted:

I got the feeling when reading Fire Punch that the author didn’t have much of the story planned and was mostly winging it. Thankfully it feels the opposite for Chainsawman

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Fire Punch also had the whole thing where it was never keeping a status quo for very long so you end up with stuff like Agni's cult setting up in the village and it just kind of falls to the wayside pretty quickly since he ends up killing most of them.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Elfface posted:

I assumed it was because of panic. Ice cream doesn’t have a heart.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Elfface posted:

I thought it was because she was covered in mucus and tears.

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

https://imgur.com/a/GBKQedJ

Scans

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

All according to keikaku.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

A little more crazy this week, I see.

So, there's no name for Denji's condition, not because it's rare, but because Poochita ate its name. Neat.

Other than that, it's pretty much just an action chapter. Not much to discuss yet. Except maybe wondering how much longer this will go.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I laughed out loud at those two last panels

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Radish posted:

This is the funniest loving manga ever written

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Radish posted:

excellent basis for a "this is fine" edit

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
wait, did makima turn the gun devil into a hybrid?

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

Radish posted:

Heck yeah, same. All this carnage and then we get "this is fine" energy.

e: I didn't refresh, whoops.

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

Hey what a funny coincidence.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
This is exactly what I hoped would happen. Chainsaw Devil no-selling all of these now-chump-class mooks.

the future is awesome

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I dropped Fire Punch due to the stuff with the bestiality p fast. I read chainsaw man and was like “hell yeah this author got the tone the fire punch author missed totally right” lol. Might go back but if it just gets worse I dunno

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Oxxidation posted:

excellent basis for a "this is fine" edit

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

EmmyOk posted:

I dropped Fire Punch due to the stuff with the bestiality p fast.

What?!
You've got the wrong kind of sexual deviancy.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
Fire Punch and Chainsawman are written by the same person :confused:

As for the chapter that last Makima panel was perfection. We haven't seen Kishibe for a bit. I wonder how the rest of Japan is going to respond to this

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
Spear, arrow, katana, sword, whip, bomb, and flame thrower? I thought it was the gun hybrid at first

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

gently caress em up chainsaw man...

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.

:perfect:

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

So little thing, Denji noted can we ban that move and the full power form just destroys it anyway. I kinda get the feeling this version is stronger than before and has learned from Denji fights. Which is a weird thought.

The progression is him piledriving Bow and then dicing Katana up, leaving Sword, Bomb, Whip, Gun(Pistol? Looks different) and... Stick? Big Stick guy? alive?

I love this

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

Fire Punch and Chainsawman are written by the same person :confused:

As for the chapter that last Makima panel was perfection. We haven't seen Kishibe for a bit. I wonder how the rest of Japan is going to respond to this

yes it is funny that I didn't know that initially

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

EmmyOk posted:

I dropped Fire Punch due to the stuff with the bestiality p fast. I read chainsaw man and was like “hell yeah this author got the tone the fire punch author missed totally right” lol. Might go back but if it just gets worse I dunno

Well, I ended up binging the entire thing today and while it has a creeper who wants his slaves to have sex with his dogs, that doesn't happen and that subject never comes up again. It can still be really bleak and still has some other stuff that needs a content warning for, though.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

CrashScreen posted:

Well, I ended up binging the entire thing today and while it has a creeper who wants his slaves to have sex with his dogs, that doesn't happen and that subject never comes up again. It can still be really bleak and still has some other stuff that needs a content warning for, though.

Yeah that was the pyscho poo poo for me but I love the fella who loved movies and destroying the immortals was cool. Will try it again and black out the dog stuff

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I guess the 4 Horsemen would be Death, War, Hunger, and probably Pestilence/Disease? Are they not considered primordial fears? I guess not if Makima is controlling them.

And I guess only weapon devils can become hybrids? Maybe it’s because humans invented them?

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

RatHat posted:

I guess the 4 Horsemen would be Death, War, Hunger, and probably Pestilence/Disease? Are they not considered primordial fears? I guess not if Makima is controlling them.

And I guess only weapon devils can become hybrids? Maybe it’s because humans invented them?

One of the traditional four is Conquest. AKA Control.

So, if you're wondering what Makima's role was in that fight... there you go.

The four horsemen aren't her pawns. They're her coworkers.

Who she hates.

Meanwhile, I find it amusing that Chainsaw Man has a hero's inner monster is unleashed plot right after Jujutsu does.

The difference is that Sukuna is a villain who uses the opportunity to conduct mass murder to make Yuji's life horrible, while Poochita is a good boy who just wants to fulfil Denji's dreams... which happens to include some mass murder because, you know. He's the Hero of Hell, Chainsaw Man.

Buzzsaw Roomba
Feb 14, 2012

Christ, what an asshole.

:hmmyes:

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

lol

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

chiasaur11 posted:

One of the traditional four is Conquest. AKA Control.

So, if you're wondering what Makima's role was in that fight... there you go.

The four horsemen aren't her pawns. They're her coworkers.

Who she hates.

Meanwhile, I find it amusing that Chainsaw Man has a hero's inner monster is unleashed plot right after Jujutsu does.

The difference is that Sukuna is a villain who uses the opportunity to conduct mass murder to make Yuji's life horrible, while Poochita is a good boy who just wants to fulfil Denji's dreams... which happens to include some mass murder because, you know. He's the Hero of Hell, Chainsaw Man.

I'm sure Jump editors have a hand in making big moments in different mangas line up like that. I've noticed it happen quite a few times over the past few years.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Spiderdrake posted:

Stick? Big Stick guy? alive?

His head kinda looks like a futuristic car so I choose to believe it's the car accident fiend

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

goblin week posted:

His head kinda looks like a futuristic car so I choose to believe it's the car accident fiend
And we're just misunderstanding him shifting gears to change forms?

Honestly that wouldn't even not fit this manga. CSM is glorious that way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
if anything, people aren't sufficiently afraid of car accidents.