Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

everythingWasBees posted:

Anybody know how the PG Zakus are?

I saw a review not long ago. In terms of surface detail, it's pretty depressing, and it comes with a pretty disappointing set of accessories. Oh, and it's got a lot of screws.

Upside, at least the inner frame looks nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

RG Nu Gundam owns like crazy and I'm glad that I picked up the effects set. Going to pick up a second set when I'm next at the store so that both the Nu and the Sazabi can have 3 out each.

Might also go ham and pick up the RG FA Unicorn whilst I'm there...

asterioth
Jul 27, 2007

If it's worth killing it's worth overkilling.
https://www.reddit.com/link/j6kf4l/video/4jve8fk7nlr51/player

ohhhhh man

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Looks pretty good, and less than 300 bucks too.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Thank Christ they actually brought back the open panels and really detailed inner frames for pg's.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

A three layered internal skeleton. My god.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
I'm convincing myself I'm okay with dropping $300 on that thing and it's not a very hard sell.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

I wasn't super hot on the RG-style pre-moulded parts, but the sheer amount of build-up on top of them sold me.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

It's beautiful. I really hope they do the VR event again, it was pretty fun!

e.

poo poo you might have missed from that video:

Light up beam sabers
Photoetched metal parts
Jewel type 3d stickers

Xaerael fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Oct 8, 2020

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

In English now

https://youtu.be/ka1uL1VXg_o

https://en.gundam.info/pgu-gundam/

El Burbo fucked around with this message at 07:52 on Oct 8, 2020

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

I'm TORSO ARTICULATION GIMMICKS RELEASED FROM CONSTRAINTS

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
You had me at etching stickers

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Yeah, gently caress it. I've placed a pre-order on HLJ. I've been itching for another PG since I built the Exia, thus looks great and the price doesn't seem too bad for what it comes with.

Probably going to be another £100 after shipping and import fees though.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
I don't know if I'm super happy with the RG-style precast limb skeletons, cause building the mechanical structure is always my favorite part (but I build so infrequently it's not like my opinion really matters here)

Turned aluminum head vulcans are p dope, as is the lightpiping from the beam sabers to the main thrusters. And they are real proud of those knee heatsinks, huh.

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
My concern is that the joints won't be stable enough for all the weight, considering all the tales of RG woes involving popped sockets

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

i prefer my rx-78s a bit smoother and a bit more brightly colored but im happy for y'all.

asterioth
Jul 27, 2007

Went back and finished 2 kits today:

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Nice shot dude

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

drat, makes me wish I had a better camera/photo setup.

unpurposed
Apr 22, 2008
:dukedog:

Fun Shoe
So how do I buy this new PG?

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

It's on HLJ right now, other places as well.

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

Not sure if there's anywhere left that isn't sold out of it now. It went... fast.

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
Good. Hopefully the Nu isn't far behind.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Yawgmoft posted:

Good. Hopefully the Nu isn't far behind.

I wonder which will happen first: Bandai releasing an actual PG, or a third party company just making a model kit version of that thousand dollar figure that Bandai released.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Yo fellas peep this post in the scale model thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3148869&perpage=40&noseen=1&pagenumber=452#post508777750

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Raised my flag.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Is there any actual difference between the RG Gundam Mk II Titans and AEUG other than colour scheme?

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Ibblebibble posted:

Is there any actual difference between the RG Gundam Mk II Titans and AEUG other than colour scheme?

The Titans version has some minor parts to convert it into a test type but that's about it.

asterioth
Jul 27, 2007

Marx Headroom posted:

Nice shot dude

Ty!

Ibblebibble posted:

drat, makes me wish I had a better camera/photo setup.

Ty! It's just my phones camera + a cheap photo box I got on amazon a few years ago.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

The Titans version has some minor parts to convert it into a test type but that's about it.

Hmm, fair enough. Might just end up picking up both when I get around to them.

asterioth posted:

Ty! It's just my phones camera + a cheap photo box I got on amazon a few years ago.

Might just be my phone being poo poo then :v:

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

Ibblebibble posted:

Might just be my phone being poo poo then :v:

It's possible, but most phone cameras are pretty good. Most quality issues with phone shots are a. bad lighting, and b. not configuring your camera well. Here, check this out.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

LibrarianCroaker posted:

It's possible, but most phone cameras are pretty good. Most quality issues with phone shots are a. bad lighting, and b. not configuring your camera well. Here, check this out.

Yeah it's probably the lighting in my room, it's not great for taking photos.

The Muffinlord
Mar 3, 2007

newbid stupie?

everythingWasBees posted:

Anybody know how the PG Zakus are?

I've built two about twelve years apart(first one broke). They're good looking show pieces but the newer PGs I've built really just highlight the shortcomings in terms of engineering. The ankle pistons like to pop out at the slightest provocations, some of the leg parts have kind of an iffy fit when transforming, and the LED wiring is extremely primitive. It does come with a huge light-up beam saber, though, which is dope even if it does take a AAAA battery, which might be the only time anything's used one of those ever.

Also there's no first party PG Hyper Mega Launcher so what's the loving point

Edit: it's been a day and I just realized you were talking about the PG Zaku, not the PG Zeta. I'm... very tired.

The Muffinlord fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Oct 11, 2020

Veotax
May 16, 2006

The Muffinlord posted:

It does come with a huge light-up beam saber, though, which is dope even if it does take a AAAA battery, which might be the only time anything's used one of those ever.

Seriously? That's the second time I've heard of a AAAA battery being used. First time was when we got tablets for stock control at the store I worked at a few years back, nobody could figure out what battery the stylus used until I Googled it and we all discovered that AAAA's even existed.

The Muffinlord
Mar 3, 2007

newbid stupie?
Yep, it's pretty much the weirdest goddamn thing. But hey, light up beam saber.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
my entry into the grunt suit contest

second time ive repainted everything so its still a lot to learn. i like the metallic green as the primary but wish i used the dull red and not the olive green as the secondary. i think the gold looks pretty good tho i kind of went crazy with it

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Kuvo posted:

second time ive repainted everything so its still a lot to learn. i like the metallic green as the primary but wish i used the dull red and not the olive green as the secondary. i think the gold looks pretty good tho i kind of went crazy with it

It looks nice!

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Kuvo posted:

That's a lovely color

Rabbi Tupac
Jan 1, 2010

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Yoo that looks sick. I really dig the color scheme and pops of gold. What was the painting process?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
gray primer -> rattle can for the base colors -> hand painting accents -> clear topcoat -> wash/markers -> weathering