Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

You are a horrible person and I hope you never pass your ideology to any children.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Spiritus Nox posted:

Remember when Ye was gonna split the black vote away from Biden

I understand that the LGTBQ ikhthýs vote is trending heavily in Kanye's favor.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Wilbur Swain posted:

"Are there no mental health facilities?"

Yeah, that's right.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Aineris posted:

There are better ways of solving this. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commitment_(mental_health)

P.S. You get a permanent address that way, so that the census can reach you without all of this other BS.

Given the choice of the current state of affairs and mass imprisonment of those unable to find lawful housing for themselves under our current system, which is preferable to you?

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

"Sup thread, I just stepped out of a Dickensian novel and think that the poor and mentally disabled/ disordered have really failed themselves by being illiterate and not being able to find employment or fill out a census form" :smug:

Yeah dude, you really have your finger on the pulse of the problems of society

TulliusCicero fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Oct 14, 2020

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Haven't seen a guy unironically bust out the ol' Lebensunwertes Leben schtick in D&D in a while.

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Aineris posted:

Yep. They choose not to be counted, when they are easily countable, because they do not give a poo poo. The kind of people that are turned away from homeless shelters are those that can't do the minimum amount of work to participate in society, and so they don't deserve to be represented. Remember, these people aren't participating in society in any capacity. They're not employed, they're not paying taxes, they're not voting, they're not doing anything productive with their lives whatsoever. They can do better, but they choose not to.

For the purposes of government representation, it's important to count people that want government representation. If they don't want to be represented, then who the hell cares?

You're a garbage person and I hope your life is riddled with unsatisfying sex.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

What if our city had some kind of sanctuary zone for people who couldn't otherwise get a job?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
That's a good point though, I think Trump's racist dogwhistles would have worked more effectively as anti-homeless dogwhistles but it's a little late for that. He's stuck in this weird 1890s mindset where you woo women by giving them furniture and it's disgraceful to lose to an irishman.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Aineris posted:

There are better ways of solving this. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commitment_(mental_health)

P.S. You get a permanent address that way, so that the census can reach you without all of this other BS.

Do we honestly have to entertain this sort of obvious bad faith shitposting in here? Everyone knows this person is either trolling, a dickhead, or both.

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

John Wick of Dogs posted:

What if our city had some kind of sanctuary zone for people who couldn't otherwise get a job?

Sanctuary Districts would be a huge improvement over what we do now which is beat up and disperse the homeless so they don't die all over the nice parts of town

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Mat Cauthon posted:

Do we honestly have to entertain this sort of obvious bad faith shitposting in here? Everyone knows this person is either trolling, a dickhead, or both.

Because my hope is he's just a guy who has bought into lovely right wing framing and can be convinced otherwise and start the learning process. If not, he either won't respond or post some snide nonsense, in which case I can confirm he's not interested in a discussion and deal with that appropriately, or he'll have a bigoted meltdown and I can toss him out.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Mat Cauthon posted:

It's like the most purestrain polite_hitler.jpg act I've seen in a while.

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Only four years away, baby.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

fool of sound posted:

Because my hope is he's just a guy who has bought into lovely right wing framing and can be convinced otherwise and start the learning process. If not, he either won't respond or post some snide nonsense, in which case I can confirm he's not interested in a discussion and deal with that appropriately, or he'll have a bigoted meltdown and I can toss him out.

reading his recent post history(past the poo poo from today) he seems pretty badfaithy but to each their own.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

fool of sound posted:

He's not interested in learning, he's just a piece of poo poo

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Dapper_Swindler posted:

reading his recent post history(past the poo poo from today) he seems pretty badfaithy but to each their own.

I saw their first post today and knew some bullshit was inbound. I don't think they've posted much, but none of it has been in good faith.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

Aineris posted:

Yep. They choose not to be counted, when they are easily countable, because they do not give a poo poo. The kind of people that are turned away from homeless shelters are those that can't do the minimum amount of work to participate in society, and so they don't deserve to be represented. Remember, these people aren't participating in society in any capacity. They're not employed, they're not paying taxes, they're not voting, they're not doing anything productive with their lives whatsoever. They can do better, but they choose not to.

For the purposes of government representation, it's important to count people that want government representation. If they don't want to be represented, then who the hell cares?

Ban this piece of poo poo already.

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

I agree with Dante, that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality.

Aineris posted:

Every single person you're talking about here is a better human being than you are. Despite that, you and they are equally deserving of representation (and healthcare, and food, and housing, and ...).

Beffer
Sep 25, 2007
If the poster really wants to learn about homelessness, or for that matter anyone else, I recommend you volunteer at a shelter.

I've been doing it for a few years now (just a few times a year as part of a group) and it is absolutely eye opening and a wonderful experience at the same time. Everyone should do it.

It is challenging and saddening but you have never seen gratitude until you've worked with the homeless and seen how they respond to getting a bed and a shower for a couple of nights. It is amazing.

And if you think these people are choosing this outcome, then you really have no idea. Volunteer. It will change your life and you can help some people at the same time.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Aineris posted:

actually they're human beings of equal if not greater value to society than yourself, op

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

Pick posted:

That's a good point though, I think Trump's racist dogwhistles would have worked more effectively as anti-homeless dogwhistles but it's a little late for that. He's stuck in this weird 1890s mindset where you woo women by giving them furniture and it's disgraceful to lose to an irishman.

I could definitely be wooed by furniture tbh

also Aineris has posted the worst D&D take since that guy who designed the AIDS concentration camp so, uh, congrats I guess.

Seven Hundred Bee
Nov 1, 2006

Youth Decay posted:

I could definitely be wooed by furniture tbh

also Aineris has posted the worst D&D take since that guy who designed the AIDS concentration camp so, uh, congrats I guess.

Wait what now?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I think most of the "freedom" rhetoric about involuntary commitment is just using convenient language to excuse an injustice and lack of care. If the care providers are mistreating those persons in their care, address that, don't throw up your hands and say then you have to dissolve the entire program. We don't let kids run away from home and live in the woods because they're not competent to make that choice, nor do we let sundowning dementia patients wander free to go walk into traffic; for severely mentally ill persons, they are also unable to express their agency because in some cases they cannot actually conceptualize the reality in which they operate. It is right to take care of these persons.

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.

fool of sound posted:

To make my own point more explicit: would you say that someone who suffered a serious physical disability that rendered them effectively unable to work doesn't deserve representation? If not, why should a serious mental disability be any different?
I suppose you might want to pose this as a hypothetical, but in terms of the US census it is moot. The Constitution explicitly calls for "counting the whole number of persons in each State, excluding Indians not taxed". Whether or not someone "wants" representation, whatever that might mean, doesn't enter into it.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Airconswitch posted:

Constitution doesn't say the Speaker has to be a member of the House. Hell, there's no rule saying a dog can't be speaker.

Speaker Stone Cold Steve Austin

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Trump reaches out to senior voters:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1316194625405751296

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

The way 2020 is going, we'll probably end up getting a Kesslerfuck out of it...
https://twitter.com/LeoLabs_Space/status/1316147305125490694?s=20

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

i mean is this all he loving has. like this shits embarassing.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

As someone else pointed out on Twitter: someone had to have helped him make this. How in the hell does someone not manage to make that tweet disappear, they just had him reach out to seniors!

Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

Young Freud posted:

So if those two defunct satellites collide does the plot to Gravity become a reality?

Occupy Sesame Street!
Nov 20, 2012

Hell this level of bad memes would be embarrassing on a lovely message board, much less from trump. I’m honestly disappointed.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

I'm a republican losing with old voters.

I know what to do. I'll make fun of old people.

Occupy Sesame Street! posted:

Hell this level of bad memes would be embarrassing on a lovely message board, much less from trump. I’m honestly disappointed.

I think one of the reasons social media has gotten so bad is no one can ban people for poor posting. An army of mods who policed social media for bad posts could save the whole world.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Solaris 2.0 posted:

So if those two defunct satellites collide does the plot to Gravity become a reality?

kessler syndrome

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

insta posted:

Wrap a T-shirt around your face, walk to a public library (before those get defunded too), and go to https://2020census.gov/en.html

There are questions in the wizard to look up your Census ID with no mailing address.

Ah yes, quite the priority between findings tenuous shelter from the elements, protecting what little personal property you have, dodging bullshit law enforcement encounters designed to drive you to the periphery, struggling with your medical or mental illnesses and acquiring the medicine they require, and possibly struggling with an addiction and its complication. Lets pop into the library in the free moments between!

EFB by a lot. But still, go gently caress yourself.

LeeMajors fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Oct 14, 2020

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
You really do have to try to be that politically inept.

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

Young Freud posted:

2,800 Kg is a lot of mass, we are talking 20 to 280 million$ spent just to bring it up there, depending on how old they are

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Aliens are making the satellites crash to keep humans on this hell planet.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Wow, that's surprising: I'm actually a little staggered at how stupid this is. Donald's losing what's usually one of the most reliable set of conservative voters in the nation in old people, and yet he's putting out hits where literally the only joke is "Ha! He's old and therefore weak!!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Occupy Sesame Street!
Nov 20, 2012

Grondoth posted:

I'm a republican losing with old voters.

I know what to do. I'll make fun of old people.

I think one of the reasons social media has gotten so bad is no one can ban people for poor posting. An army of mods who policed social media for bad posts could save the whole world.

Truly, if only SA mods policed the entire internet. What could go wrong?

Spiritus Nox posted:

Wow, that's surprising: I'm actually a little staggered at how stupid this is. Donald's losing what's usually one of the most reliable set of conservative voters in the nation in old people, and yet he's putting out hits where literally the only joke is "Ha! He's old and therefore weak!!"

He’s just trying to figure out how to be bad and wrong on as many axes as possible - we should all be proud to have such a dedicated president.