Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Given how much Star Wars is in this Force Ghosts is like the most Saitama 'ok' face thing about AFO/OFA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
All for One knowing about the Force Ghost thing explains perfectly why he doesn't give a poo poo about being in Tartarus. Especially if he can bodyjack Shiggy at will.

Chewbaccanator
Apr 7, 2010

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

All for One knowing about the Force Ghost thing explains perfectly why he doesn't give a poo poo about being in Tartarus. Especially if he can bodyjack Shiggy at will.

I don't think we know for sure he's controlling him from afar, but it definitely would explain why they're not trying to break him out with Machia.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

RareAcumen posted:

Oh no, a third faction in the Cgi vs Practical Effects argument for people to fight over!

eh i'm not saying nobody would watch a show of someone masterfully using a quirk, but nobody's watching a magic show like that any quirk magician is pretty much going to have to go out of their way to show how they aren't using their quirk

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

i don't think his quirk ghost is his conscious mind.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Elfgames posted:

i don't think his quirk ghost is his conscious mind.

I mean, remember back during the Joint Training arc when they cut to All For One in jail talking about how he could hear his brother's voice? He still has some sort of connection to OfA and AfO(the quirk). Maybe having a copy of it is good enough to stay connected.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
I wanna see the quirk reality shows that surely exist in this world

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Farg posted:

I wanna see the quirk reality shows that surely exist in this world
Ninja Warrior just isn't on the air anymore because the guy who can just teleport to the end of the course ruined it for everyone

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

The MHA version of Survivor is "Survive a week without using your Quirk"

Nobody makes it past the fourth day

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Vinylshadow posted:

Survivor in MHA-world would be really fun tbh. Imagine having to decide if you want to vote the guy off whose quirk is that he can purify water by touching it or the guy who can make plants grow spontaneously.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Fabricated posted:

Survivor in MHA-world would be really fun tbh. Imagine having to decide if you want to vote the guy off whose quirk is that he can purify water by touching it or the guy who can make plants grow spontaneously.

From what I read in Survivor threads in TV IV, being useful in the survival aspect's not gonna stop people from voting you off the island out of spite or because they think you're too much of a threat.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Eej posted:

You can control people in this world with mind powers but force ghosts are what you draw the line at?

what im saying is i do not expect them to continue to act as "remnants of a biological factor", which is something i dislike. i dont fine it any less believable or anything

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Vinylshadow posted:

Honestly, given that you need licenses to use your quirks in public, it's probably this. They probably have really mundane TV that seems interesting by comparison to reality because reality is full of people on fire and exploding all over the place while the TV shows are people struggling to water plants like the failure reel of a shopping network segment.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

“Hi I’m Derek, I’m a part-time Baby Sitter for Kids With Quirks.”
“I’m Sandra, and I design playground equipment.”
“Our budget is $44,000,000”

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

tbp posted:

what im saying is i do not expect them to continue to act as "remnants of a biological factor", which is something i dislike. i dont fine it any less believable or anything

It’s pretty clear that AFO is just full of poo poo on this, which kinda makes sense because he’s hardly a scientist or anything and the only person he talked to about it is his totally not a nazi scientist doctor friend. The users of OFA seem to just accept it for what it is, and since the point of OFA is to put part of yourself into the quirk then they might even have a better understanding of it than he does.

I thought deku gaining a bunch of quirks was dumb, and still do, but this has much more potential and is something I kinda expected anyway.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

FartingBedpost posted:

“Hi I’m Derek, I’m a part-time Baby Sitter for Kids With Quirks.”
“I’m Sandra, and I design playground equipment.”
“Our budget is $44,000,000”

"Hi I'm Mary, I breed horses that large quirk users can ride for fun."
"I'm Paul, and my quirk lets me change the shape of packaging so I can perfectly fill a shopping bag."
"Our budget is 4.5 million."

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Robviously posted:

"I'm Paul, and my quirk lets me change the shape of packaging so I can perfectly fill a shopping bag."

I love watching grocers play tetris with my items as they slot 20+ items into a single paper bag with enough room left older to fold the top over to keep the rain out

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Elfgames posted:

eh i'm not saying nobody would watch a show of someone masterfully using a quirk, but nobody's watching a magic show like that any quirk magician is pretty much going to have to go out of their way to show how they aren't using their quirk

It's not like quirks are kept in a database, right? So it seems pretty easy to me for any aspiring magician in the MHA universe to just keep their quirk hidden, and only spill the beans if they felt like it.

Plus, your supposing that magicians would be doing big flashy shows with their quirks. They'd probably be more like Hatsume, and use their quirks in ways to "cheat" a step or two of a trick.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Kuroyama posted:

It's not like quirks are kept in a database, right?

quirk registration is definitely a thing, they're probably stored along with someone's blood type and social ID number

though if you mean a publicly accessible one, then probably not, but just think of the sort of havoc a wikileaks-esque info dump could wreak in that case

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Spoilers are showing up- won't say anything about the actual chapter contents. Relevant info is apparently break next week.

Fabricated fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Oct 14, 2020

Minchin Dupree
Oct 23, 2008

...I'll smash them.

Rhonne posted:

Dabi is so pumped to tear down society.

This panel made me :3: he’s so happy!

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Chapter drops on Friday too, so it'll be a long wait.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Horikoshi's author comment this week is apparently him apologizing for all the breaks, but it's apparently because he's drawing a bunch of stuff that is going to be revealed at some point rather than him dying.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Fabricated posted:

Horikoshi's author comment this week is apparently him apologizing for all the breaks, but it's apparently because he's drawing a bunch of stuff that is going to be revealed at some point rather than him dying.

Mirko spinoff.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

serious gaylord posted:

Mirko spinoff.
Mirko's in vigilantes. Wish already granted.

Kithkar
Apr 23, 2011

I'm gonna RENOVATE your ass!
https://imgur.com/a/n6MzPFv

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Chapter's up.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

... did Compress deliberately bait Toga into going after the students?

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

"I know that doing as we please is the villain way, but you'd better come back to us." is such a good line

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

This might be the most focus Froppy has gotten in a while, Ochako VS Toga looks like it could be neat as well.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Uh, who's the longhair guy? I've completely forgotten about him, lol

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
So, it looks like Ochako will be getting a first focus chapter since....her fight with Bakugo? lol. Anyways, I'm looking forward to it.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

CodfishCartographer posted:

One of the MLA bigshots who owns the media company and satellites.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

SKULL.GIF posted:

Given his reaction to her doing so, I'm going to say no.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

SKULL.GIF posted:

I think he's just an idiot.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

CodfishCartographer posted:

His quirk is puppets. He was the one who cured Twice's psychological condition by breaking his arm, also tried to gruesomely murder Toga.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

Mystic Mongol posted:

His quirk is puppets. He was the one who cured Twice's psychological condition by breaking his arm, also tried to gruesomely murder Toga.

He stopped Twice from being afraid of being a clone or making copies of himself, but Twice was probably even more unstable after going through that.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

You ever just stop and think about how much Tsu must need to clean her tongue?

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
The art was remarkably good this week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Blockhouse posted:

Given his reaction to her doing so, I'm going to say no.

RatHat posted:

I think he's just an idiot.

His reaction seemed almost sarcastic to me, and the other times we've seen Compress he's been sharp and astute so I don't think this was just an accidental goof.