Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
I used a black panel liner on a white piece by accident rather than a grey one, what's the best way to get it off? Soap and water?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Alcohol will do it

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
These pictures of tge RG Zeong make me wish the MG wasn't such absolute garbage by comparison.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

wdarkk posted:

I used a black panel liner on a white piece by accident rather than a grey one, what's the best way to get it off? Soap and water?

Alcohol and a q tip. If you need to get in a groove, the pointy fingernail q tips are good or you can tear off a small piece of paper towel and roll it up into a small swab, though you'll have to swap it out often.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Yawgmoft posted:

These pictures of tge RG Zeong make me wish the MG wasn't such absolute garbage by comparison.

Speaking of the RG Zeong, anyone know if the normal non-Last Shooting version comes with a base or not? Press releases don't mention one but a couple of sites have one as included.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
Seems unusually cruel to sell a Zeong without some kind of stand in the modern age. Even the Moon Gundam came with a stand

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Marx Headroom posted:

Seems unusually cruel to sell a Zeong without some kind of stand in the modern age. Even the Moon Gundam came with a stand

It comes with little stand legs like a fighter jet from looking at the renders, so I assumed those would be what they would give if they didn't give a base.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Ibblebibble posted:

Speaking of the RG Zeong, anyone know if the normal non-Last Shooting version comes with a base or not? Press releases don't mention one but a couple of sites have one as included.

The official Bandai Hobby page lists "display base" in the accessories, so it comes with something at least.

Edit: I assume it's the action base in the promotional shots because they're not marked with "action base sold separately".

RillAkBea fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Oct 19, 2020

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

RillAkBea posted:

The official Bandai Hobby page lists "display base" in the accessories, so it comes with something at least.

Cool, cool.

Actually I don't know why I'm even asking this far ahead because I'm going to be picking up mine in a physical store and I can just get a base there if it doesn't come with one.

aqu
Aug 1, 2006

But Mooooooooom
I’m holding out for the inevitable P-Bandai Perfect Zeong.

hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013
I'm hoping a 40th anniversary grunt zaku II gets released, I want a good classic HG zaku but the The Origin version doesn't come with the right kind of machine gun.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

hostess with the Moltres posted:

I'm hoping a 40th anniversary grunt zaku II gets released, I want a good classic HG zaku but the The Origin version doesn't come with the right kind of machine gun.

The Origin C5 version has the circular drum machine gun, if that's what you're looking for. It's just the Origins C6 that lacks it.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

It's complete! (Aside from maybe a bit of re-coding on the Arduino to clean up the i-field cycle)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOcZhGh2g5U

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer

aqu posted:

I’m holding out for the inevitable P-Bandai Perfect Zeong.

Hi5 fellow Char's Deleted Affair liker

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer

Xaerael posted:

It's complete! (Aside from maybe a bit of re-coding on the Arduino to clean up the i-field cycle)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOcZhGh2g5U

God drat.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
That thing looks absolutely nuts. Needs more flyby camera shots and some background music like That Sequence in Star Trek TMP

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Marx Headroom posted:

That thing looks absolutely nuts. Needs more flyby camera shots and some background music like That Sequence in Star Trek TMP

Once I clear the absolute CHAOS the build has left in it's wake, I'll set up my backdrop and do some proper photos and video. I first need to clear this mountain of runners, plastic bags, sandpaper (oh god, the sanding I had to do on this beast. It's age really did show in it's seam lines), bits of wire, etc etc.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

huh

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

:fuckoff: IT'S MINE I SAW IT FIRST! :shepspends:

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

:gowron:

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

What am I looking at here?

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004
Please send a report when you see me complain about other posters and threads outside of QCS

~thanks!

https://www.gundamkitscollection.com/2020/10/p-bandai-hg-1144-extreme-gundam-type.html
It's an extreme variant of an extreme gundam http://dalong.net/reviews/hg/hex1/hex1_p.htm
I really love this thing's guitar rifle and case shield

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Booourns posted:

https://www.gundamkitscollection.com/2020/10/p-bandai-hg-1144-extreme-gundam-type.html
It's an extreme variant of an extreme gundam http://dalong.net/reviews/hg/hex1/hex1_p.htm
I really love this thing's guitar rifle and case shield

I have the original HG Extreme Gundam and can confirm the guitar rifle is pretty loving sick :rock:.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Guitar gun seriously needs painting up like Paul Stanley's classic custom Iceman...

e:

Also, not wanting to flex too much, but I (finally) have Bandai's greatest ever kit on the way!

Xaerael fucked around with this message at 09:48 on Oct 20, 2020

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
Cool, thanks!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

It's from a manga promoting the Gundam Extreme Versus series of games, and got put into the game later down the road in a sort of recursion of self-promotion, basically. There's a few different variants of it since the concept of the manga is a guy going through databases that contain simulations of all the various gundam timelines, basically, and the Extreme Gundam evolves to suit each timeline. So he has the Wing's Double Buster Rifle and such.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Xaerael posted:

Also, not wanting to flex too much, but I (finally) have Bandai's greatest ever kit on the way!

The snap-fit model of their snap-fit model moulding machine?

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Neddy Seagoon posted:

YEP!

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

...Where did you get it from, and was it expensive?

edit: Oh no, I went for a wander and fell down into a Japanese eBay seller with rare kits, high rep, and not-entirely-horrifying shipping fees to Australia. Got myself a mold machine kit (their last one in stock!) for $20AUD and "just" $40AUD express shipping :shepspends:. Vs $70AUD for standard shipping.

Neddy Seagoon fucked around with this message at 12:55 on Oct 20, 2020

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

£10 from Gundammad.co.uk in the UK, but it was the last one they had in =(

It's worth checking their website frequently, because the owner (an IRL friend of mine) get a lot of hard-to-find stuff in, and because of the way he runs the business at events, he has a huge network of temp staff who go to Japan and bring back rarities. His P-Bandai stock is usually amazing.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Oh no, this seller had the Iron Blood Coating Barbatos Lupus for $60AUD too. My money, nooo! :stonklol:. If any other Aussies want an eBay seller to peruse, Gundam Culture Japan has a lot of cool rare kits that are nearly-sanely priced.

Xaerael posted:

£10 from Gundammad.co.uk in the UK, but it was the last one they had in =(

It's worth checking their website frequently, because the owner (an IRL friend of mine) get a lot of hard-to-find stuff in, and because of the way he runs the business at events, he has a huge network of temp staff who go to Japan and bring back rarities. His P-Bandai stock is usually amazing.

I'm in Australia so that's not much use to me as they only ship to the UK, but I hope it helps someone here make bad decisions with disposable income.

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I thought this was a joke going over my head but then I looked around and found it...

:O

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Pyronic posted:

I thought this was a joke going over my head but then I looked around and found it...

:O

It was up on the P-Bandai site during the Expo a couple of months ago. I picked up a few as gag gifts for people.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

It's been around for a while, but outside of Japan it was a sod to get your hands on. Originally it was a Tokyo Gundam store exclusive.

Vahtooch
Sep 18, 2009

What is this [S T A N D] going to do? Once its crossed through the barrier, what's it going to do? When it comes in here, and reads my [P O S T S], what's it going to do to me?

Dont tell me that!

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord

Midjack posted:

It was up on the P-Bandai site during the Expo a couple of months ago. I picked up a few as gag gifts for people.

I picked up four, because four was the most I could add to one order. I built one, and think the rest are gonna be silly Christmas presents.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Oh no, this seller had the Iron Blood Coating Barbatos Lupus for $60AUD too. My money, nooo! :stonklol:. If any other Aussies want an eBay seller to peruse, Gundam Culture Japan has a lot of cool rare kits that are nearly-sanely priced.

Neddy why must you do this to us.

The lupus coating is really loving nice. It looks amazing in person.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Puddin posted:

Neddy why must you do this to us.

The lupus coating is really loving nice. It looks amazing in person.

I have the Iron Blood Coating version of the Barbatos Lupus, I meant to say they had the Barbatos Lupus Rex, which is what I ordered from them along with the mold machine. They also have the transparent versions, but they don't look as gorgeous as the Iron Blood versions.

edit:

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I got something you guys don't... :smuggo:

At Supanova Melbourne last month I picked up the Iron-Blood Coating Barbatos Lupus, and finally got around to finishing it.

This thing is gorgeous. It doesn't really show up well in the pictures, but the two-tone bronze-and-silver part separation actually does look really good in person.

It cannot be understated just how gorgeous the Iron Blood Coating Barbatos Gundams are.

Neddy Seagoon fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Oct 21, 2020

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
poo poo, yeah I have the Lupus, but would love the Rex as well. Goddamn you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Puddin posted:

poo poo, yeah I have the Lupus, but would love the Rex as well. Goddamn you.

Ahh.... :ohdear:

The key word on that one might be that they had the Iron Blood Coating version of the Barbatos Lupus Rex...

(I suspect they'll probably get more the next time a run of them occurs, given their amazing range of stock)