Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013
I'm struggling putting the rg sazabi's chest together. I got the arm connectors put together and it was really hard to push them into the hole where they connect to the chest. I thought I pushed them in all the way I could but there's still a tiny gap. Either way when I try to put the red armor covering the bottom left corner pops out of the peg it's supposed to cover. Is there any way to deal with this issue?

Edit: Here's someone from reddit who had the same problem with a picture: https://www.reddit.com/r/Gunpla/comments/alf2n8/section_of_rg_sazabi_armour_keeps_popping_out/

hostess with the Moltres fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Oct 24, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

hostess with the Moltres posted:

I'm struggling putting the rg sazabi's chest together. I got the arm connectors put together and it was really hard to push them into the hole where they connect to the chest. I thought I pushed them in all the way I could but there's still a tiny gap. Either way when I try to put the red armor covering the bottom left corner pops out of the peg it's supposed to cover. Is there any way to deal with this issue?

Edit: Here's someone from reddit who had the same problem with a picture: https://www.reddit.com/r/Gunpla/comments/alf2n8/section_of_rg_sazabi_armour_keeps_popping_out/

I haven’t built that one but see if you can push the arm connector in far enough to eliminate that gap. RGs have very tight tolerances.

hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013

Midjack posted:

I haven’t built that one but see if you can push the arm connector in far enough to eliminate that gap. RGs have very tight tolerances.

I’ll try that next. I’ll take the chest apart to push it in just to be safe. Taking gunpla apart to fix mistakes is kind of a pain but at least with no glue it’s doable. One issue is that it’s kind of hard to push with a lot of force because of how the connector’s shapes and I want to avoid bending the grey wing shaped protrusions that slot into the front side armor.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I had a similar issue with my RG Sazabi and actually managed to shear off the connection point of one of the arms :( I had to break out some pliers to push the shoulder assemblages down.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Midjack posted:

Oh god that reminds me of how some people, including myself, thought the RG Zaku had a weirdly long neck.

Just Dan Again
Dec 16, 2012

Adventure!
I looked it up on Dalong while assembling it, and this image helped me out a ton: http://dalong.net/reviews/rg/rg29/p/rg29_55.jpg

As others have described, I needed to get out the pliers and really squish the part the blue arrow is pointing to down into the chest cavity to get it to look like the picture, but once I did that the rest of the kit came together without any forcing.

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL
So I recently moved and had to pack up all my gunpla etc, and now that i'm moved in i'm taking the opportunity to do some dusting, some touchups, applying more stickers etc. and...

Can I just say that I absolutely loved building my RG Banshee Norn, but at the 1/144th scale it has SO many tiny fiddly bits I feel like im wrestling eggshells any time i'm trying to get a decent pose. Some of the weaker bits have fallen off enough times that they barely hold at all even when not being handled, and while I love the extent of the transformation they packed into a kit this small, parts just feel like they're only holding on a wing and a prayer.

Oh, and I was gifted the RG Unicorn as well I haven't even started on yet.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

fyi, lookign at bandai's schedule, and the wodom pod is getting restocked around the middle of next month. I remember that going really quickly on a lot of us-based websites (maybe they underestimated demand?) so keep an eye out if you want that one.

Plus a bunch of the core gundam accessory kits.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

Endorph posted:

fyi, lookign at bandai's schedule, and the wodom pod is getting restocked around the middle of next month. I remember that going really quickly on a lot of us-based websites (maybe they underestimated demand?) so keep an eye out if you want that one.

Plus a bunch of the core gundam accessory kits.

Good, maybe I can find Marsfour swords that aren't SIXTY loving DOLLARS.

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

wdarkk posted:

Good, maybe I can find Marsfour swords that aren't SIXTY loving DOLLARS.

Amazon has some amazingly poo poo prices for gunpla, don’t they?

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Solkanar512 posted:

Amazon has some amazingly poo poo prices for gunpla, don’t they?

Yes. I want a mg universe booster for my build strike but there's no loving way I'm going to pay 150 dollars for the goddamn thing.

Monaghan fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Oct 27, 2020

hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013
Amazon likes to bump up prices and when stock is low too. Other online gunpla stores don’t do that even when there’s some markup at least.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Monaghan posted:

Yes. I want a mg universe booster for my build strike but there's no loving way I'm going to pay 150 dollars for the goddamn thing.

PM me, I can probably help you out.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Of course, just as it becomes possible to get some P-Bandai stuff in America, Bandai creates Chinese P-Bandai

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Pretty slick color scheme.

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
That Gundam is going to get canceled. Chinese Gundam with blackface? Big oof!

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Yawgmoft posted:

That Gundam is going to get canceled. Chinese Gundam with blackface? Big oof!

When do we get a remold of Bearguy for The Pooh Gundam? :v:

hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013
What’s everyone’s recommended GM or other grunt suit?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Depends on what aesthetic in particular you like, and at what grade. I know lots of people sing the praises of the MG Jesta, but that might not be your cup of tea for whatever reason.

hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013
Personally I’m considering an HG because they’re cheaper but if it’s good I wouldn’t be opposed to a MG.

Rabbi Tupac
Jan 1, 2010

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

Personally I’m considering an HG because they’re cheaper but if it’s good I wouldn’t be opposed to a MG.

HG, either the GM Ground Type or Build Fighters GM GM for your GM needs I think are the consensus favorites.

For other grunts, take a look at my post with the newly released Messer to see if that's up your alley and you want a big boy kit.

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

GM Dominance/Turbulence :heysexy:

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Realizing just now that I would give my left nut for a P-Bandai Gunbarrel Striker pack for the MG Strike. I officially have a backpack problem.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the hg leo is fantastic

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

All of the fine build grunts (Leo, maganac, death army, windam) are really good, if you like the looks of any of them.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

imo the manrodi is also a really underrated grunt build. the grazes are slightly finnicky (i feel like the armor falls off mine a fair bit) but i could toss the manrodi at a wall and itd be fine. only real complaint is its peglegs make it slightly hard to pose without a stand.

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!
I finished my entry for the grunt suit contest. Will do some proper posing this weekend and lots of things I wish I did better. But overall I'm happy with my combining the best SRW character from IBO and a Zaku https://imgur.com/a/5iu9nt1

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Endorph posted:

imo the manrodi is also a really underrated grunt build. the grazes are slightly finnicky (i feel like the armor falls off mine a fair bit) but i could toss the manrodi at a wall and itd be fine. only real complaint is its peglegs make it slightly hard to pose without a stand.

The legs are slightly easier to pose if you can find Option set 9 and the Landman Rodi legs. But option sets tend to sell out quickly.

Speaking of harder-to-get IBO kits, the Shiden is excellent, one of my favorite grunts. Cheap, good articulation, comes with a nice variety of gear, and a great design. If you can find it. I'm not sure if it's a supply issue or a demand one, but I haven't seen one for retail prices since the first release.

For Master Grades, the GM Sniper II is excellent. The GM Command is basically the same design, but with less stuff, so I'd only recommend it if you're looking for more 0080 kits in the scale.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Sazabi posted:

I finished my entry for the grunt suit contest. Will do some proper posing this weekend and lots of things I wish I did better. But overall I'm happy with my combining the best SRW character from IBO and a Zaku https://imgur.com/a/5iu9nt1

badass

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Sazabi posted:

Given it's a Ryusei-Go, I choose to assume it hucks that nuke like an American quarterback.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.

Sazabi posted:

The lettering elevates this from "merely great" to a work of art.

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!

grassy gnoll posted:

The lettering elevates this from "merely great" to a work of art.

Thanks. First time doing words with water slide. I think next time a layer of tape below as a better way to line up the letters. But yeah, I felt like Shino would put his suits name on the front in big gold lettering.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Sazabi posted:

Norba Shino ALIVE

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
I'm behind, but it seems Hasbro are going to start doing Zoids again:

https://graphicpolicy.com/2020/09/27/hasbro-pulsecon-zoids-are-back/

Don't know what availability will be like in the UK though.

Also, I'm not current on Re:Rise, I gather the show had Core Gundam armour show up representing Arche Gundam and Turn-X but seen no preview for kits, fair to assume it's not happening?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

They may happen later but at this point afaik yeah there has been no sign of kits for the Reverse Turn X or the Dubious Arche Gundam

The Muffinlord
Mar 3, 2007

newbid stupie?

It's been mentioned once or twice but the MG Jesta is an amazing kit. Sometimes you can just tell that the people making a thing truly had a lot of love for the product they designed, and the Jesta is that way. It's sturdy yet flexible and extremely articulate.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

There's an existing HG Arche Gundam so I imagine the Dubious Arche would be fairl easy to make, but there's no HG Turn X and its a very unique design so yeah, the Reverse Turn X might take a while.

They both get some fairly obvious focus scenes though so I have to imagine they'll get made eventually.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Endorph posted:

There's an existing HG Arche Gundam so I imagine the Dubious Arche would be fairl easy to make, but there's no HG Turn X and its a very unique design so yeah, the Reverse Turn X might take a while.

They both get some fairly obvious focus scenes though so I have to imagine they'll get made eventually.

That was the impression I've got, but there's never been a 1/144 Turn X as far as I know. I wouldn't think you could reuse much from the existing Arche to make a Dubious Arche though.

Still waiting on the bloody Hecate! But I think the new Baund Doc is the first time that suit got a kit? Barzam took a long time too.

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004

TaurusOxford posted:

When do we get a remold of Bearguy for The Pooh Gundam? :v:

Our reality doesn't get nice things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Yawgmoft posted:

Our reality doesn't get nice things.

Don't worry, I'm sure Disney will buy Bandai soon enough