Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Inspector Hound posted:

Would bees make THC honey if all they had to work with was cannabis?

no they would realize that they were being exploited and overthrow the queen and cease honey production in lieu of starting an experimental drone tape label

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Inspector Hound posted:

Would bees make THC honey if all they had to work with was cannabis? I think no but there is always hope

Just replace that smoke canister they wave around to chill out the bees with a gigantic blunt. :2bong:

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Hi Goons. I woke up, smoked a joint then made a two sausage, two eggs, burrito.

current mood:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_Nwm7E_iuA

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Any recommendations for reliable strains that induce euphoria/general happiness? I'm once again thisclose to biting the bullet and making my own tincture or oil for edibles; I'd like access to all the available strains instead of settling for the more generic "indica/sativa/hybrid" edibles. I very much appreciate how the edibles I've tried (mostly indica or 1:1 hybrid:CBD) reduce my anxiety with a healthy pinch of DGAF, but I realized it'd be nice if I had something that made me actually happy, too. :unsmith:

On a related note, before this last presidential debate, I found exactly the right dose to quell that awful feeling in the pit of my stomach. It was not, however, high enough to keep me from shouting SHUT THE gently caress UP at my TV. Maybe next time!

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
Tangerine Dream is my favorite for that, and stuff descended from it's my answer.

Crimson Harvest fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Oct 27, 2020

Agrinja
Nov 30, 2013

Praise the Sun!

Total Clam
Blue Dream is also a solid pick but be warned it can get kind of sedative if you smoke too much. Powerful clear euphoric high. I'm also growing Bruce Banner and it's very much like that too.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
strains are overrated i kinda think its all bullshit as far as effects go. even the whole indica vs sativa effects thing has been thrown into question by modern research. it's probably mostly placebo

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

thathonkey posted:

strains are overrated i kinda think its all bullshit as far as effects go. even the whole indica vs sativa effects thing has been thrown into question by modern research. it's probably mostly placebo

I kind of always felt this way too but never said it out loud :ohdear:

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
sativa and indica is definitely a thing, but more than generally 'energetic vs lazy' i tend to be dubious

Agrinja
Nov 30, 2013

Praise the Sun!

Total Clam
Nah. Huge differences between the plants I grow. My Wedding Cake is a dramatically different plant than my GG or whatever else. Even ignoring the quality of the high, plants possess significantly different terpene profiles and this affects flavor a lot. Sativa vs Indica does mean v little though. Also hard to call placebo when a plant has a high way different than I expected.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
well sativa and indica is a pretty big difference especially if you were to go back a few decades before everything started to get mixed together

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

thathonkey posted:

I definitely still don't know the difference, and I tell my guy to pick out two of whatever, and he still tries to sell me on one over the other, even though they all cost the exact same amount of money.

Then again, the last time I bought any from him, he barraged me with 5G/Bill Gates COVID-19 conspiracies, so maybe he just wanted someone to talk to.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
im not questioning that the strain produces wildly different look, smell, and taste i just think the different effects people experience from them are dubious at best. anyway i still enjoy learning and reading about strains i just take the effects part with a big grain of salt. and being in a less enlightened state of course just have to take people at their word as to what the strain even is.

Agrinja
Nov 30, 2013

Praise the Sun!

Total Clam
Yeah, I can't speak for what people sell. When I have to buy I can detect differences in the high but I super doubt the strains are what he says they are.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Me and my grain of salt:

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
what if they made weed into a salt (probably they do?) and you could dump it on food to get a little high

salty kief

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

YeahTubaMike posted:

I definitely still don't know the difference, and I tell my guy to pick out two of whatever, and he still tries to sell me on one over the other, even though they all cost the exact same amount of money.

Then again, the last time I bought any from him, he barraged me with 5G/Bill Gates COVID-19 conspiracies, so maybe he just wanted someone to talk to.

It isn't the only advantage of legalization, but having to listen to my dealer would telling me about the Rothschilds controlling history sure sucked.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

thathonkey posted:

what if they made weed into a salt (probably they do?) and you could dump it on food to get a little high

salty kief

This is pretty much what I do with butter, tbh

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Hirayuki posted:

Any recommendations for reliable strains that induce euphoria/general happiness?

Skywalker OG

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Mozi posted:

well sativa and indica is a pretty big difference especially if you were to go back a few decades before everything started to get mixed together

Yeah the difference in high is way more than placebo

It's just that most strains are technically hybrids at this point

Agrinja
Nov 30, 2013

Praise the Sun!

Total Clam

Simone Magus posted:

Yeah the difference in high is way more than placebo

It's just that most strains are technically hybrids at this point

You also get variation from pheno to pheno, as well as seed producer genetics. I would be surprised if Nirvana's GG is exactly like Monster Genetics GG.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
When I shop I just make sure to get one indica, one sativa and the specific strain is basically driven more by how cool the strain sounds and what the budtender recommends more than anything.

I can't say I've noticed a minute enough difference in strains to say "I really like this one."

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I've got 4 phenos of the same strain right next to me, they all taste different and two of them are heady while the other two are full out naptime weeds.

Indica/sativa argument is garbage when the same strain produces variations of both highs. But different strokes for different folks.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Indica/sativa argument is garbage when the same strain produces variations of both highs

Who's arguing? Chill out and smoke a bowl friend

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
im shaking mad about weed strains. you rep sativa? i will freakin kick your rear end indica gang for life

Agrinja
Nov 30, 2013

Praise the Sun!

Total Clam
It also might matter more time people trying to pick strains for specific brain problems.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
The weed makes you high.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
I'm smoking a weed

It's a good weed

Epitope
Nov 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Weed defies comprehension. Science cannot untangle its secrets. The weed that can be spoken of is not the constant weed.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

thathonkey posted:

im not questioning that the strain produces wildly different look, smell, and taste i just think the different effects people experience from them are dubious at best. anyway i still enjoy learning and reading about strains i just take the effects part with a big grain of salt. and being in a less enlightened state of course just have to take people at their word as to what the strain even is.

i think it's all hocus pocus too. the person at the store just goes on and on about how this will make me happy or sleepy or horny or w/e but you might as well be telling me tequilla will make me angry and whisky will make me creative

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
Terpene mixtures and the numerous numerous thc and cbd molecules are what gives the varying effects. The crossbreeding of indicas and sativas has lead to more hybridization than we could I'm sure fathom. Pure land races of sativa or indica are harder to source.

I got some AAA diamond concentrate, it's like a wet rock. Pure thc that has terpenes added back in for flavor.

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
Oh yeah gbs weed thread, maaaaan fuggen gorilla sherbert cookies #4 is soooo indica dominate. This blunts got my cuzzo spitting on hisself.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Epitope posted:

Weed defies comprehension. Science cannot untangle its secrets. The weed that can be spoken of is not the constant weed.

I mean, if you understand what the endocannabinoid system is or does or why we have it or know what cannabis intoxication is you need to call your nearest university immediately

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
we have it so the weed will make us get high

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

thathonkey posted:

we have it so the weed will make us get high

But why? Plus, cannabis only gets you high when you apply technology to it--cooking it or smoking it. It's old, too, cannabis and humans have been together for thousands of years.

why the hell does it do that to you

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Humans are a weed.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Inspector Hound posted:

But why? Plus, cannabis only gets you high when you apply technology to it--cooking it or smoking it. It's old, too, cannabis and humans have been together for thousands of years.

why the hell does it do that to you

Aliens prolly

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
the truth is out there

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Inspector Hound posted:

But why? Plus, cannabis only gets you high when you apply technology to it--cooking it or smoking it.

before cannabis was burned with technology it was burned by naturally occurring fires caused by lightning strike or volcanos.

humans walked through clouds of cannabis smoke, those who had a genetic mutation allowing them to get high from the smoke chilled out, while the rest of them were overwhelmed with the world's poo poo and died of stress. hence those with the superior getting high gene survived and are our ancestors

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

you'll have to ask someone else about the size of her cans
wizards have smoked weed for at least the last 20,000 years. pyramids were thought up with that poo poo.