Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
time isn't real

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

Epitope posted:

Weed defies comprehension. Science cannot untangle its secrets. The weed that can be spoken of is not the constant weed.

It’s true, they failed with synthetic weed.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

The book of revelations was written by dudes drinking weed tea.

I’m extremely excited to know that primitive humans were also vape enthusiasts.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

going back in time to share my dank chronic with some caveman shamans and blow their minds

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

thathonkey posted:

what if they made weed into a salt (probably they do?) and you could dump it on food to get a little high

salty kief

I've bought weed salt from a dispensary before. It was ok.
They had sugar, too.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

TotalLossBrain posted:

I've bought weed salt from a dispensary before. It was ok.

like.. just salt that is weed flavored? i cant imagine using enough salt in anything that it would get you high

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
No it was definitely salt flavored lol, just thc infused

My wife gets absolutely blasted on 10 mg edibles or a single bong/dab hit. Lots of people like small doses I guess.
I'm still mad I can't buy 100mg brownies anymore, let alone higher than that

TotalLossBrain fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Oct 28, 2020

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

My dispensary sells little bottles of hot sauce with 50mg for cheap, and sometimes I just pound one. There's no loving rules man

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Earwicker posted:

before cannabis was burned with technology it was burned by naturally occurring fires caused by lightning strike or volcanos.

humans walked through clouds of cannabis smoke, those who had a genetic mutation allowing them to get high from the smoke chilled out, while the rest of them were overwhelmed with the world's poo poo and died of stress. hence those with the superior getting high gene survived and are our ancestors

This is honestly the most reasonable explanation

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

TotalLossBrain posted:

No it was definitely salt flavored lol, just thc infused

My wife gets absolutely blasted on 10 mg edibles or a single bong/dab hit. Lots of people like small doses I guess.
I'm still mad I can't buy 100mg brownies anymore, let alone higher than that

Buy a gram of wax/shatter
Buy a bottle of liquid coconut oil from the cooking aisle
Pour some oil over the hash in an oven safe bowl
Oven them for an hour at 220⁰
Put into any food, sauce, topping, shake, malt, glaze, blend into ice cream (which I guess makes a shake,I can't recommend a shake enough) etc

Play with proportions to find the best viscosity and strength for your needs

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
my last cartridge just broke, it was a good one too... didnt make me cough at all. there was still a bit left at the bottom couldve gotten another few days out of it. but i had problems with this one since the day i opened it. sucks that these things are duds sometimes considering the cost but at least i got to use most of it

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice

thathonkey posted:

my last cartridge just broke, it was a good one too... didnt make me cough at all. there was still a bit left at the bottom couldve gotten another few days out of it. but i had problems with this one since the day i opened it. sucks that these things are duds sometimes considering the cost but at least i got to use most of it

the fragility of some carts these days. I've dropped one on carpet and it spider cracked all around the middle.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Inspector Hound posted:

Buy a gram of wax/shatter
Buy a bottle of liquid coconut oil from the cooking aisle
Pour some oil over the hash in an oven safe bowl
Oven them for an hour at 220⁰
Put into any food, sauce, topping, shake, malt, glaze, blend into ice cream (which I guess makes a shake,I can't recommend a shake enough) etc

Play with proportions to find the best viscosity and strength for your needs

I used to use coconut oil for years, but I've come to really dislike the taste so these days I just use unsalted butter with my vape leftovers (plus soy lecithin). I make a small batch every couple of months and it is pretty good.
The new Mighty I got recently produces some very good quality vaped out weed there without any burns so the taste is pretty great.

I usually make kettle corn with that butter and, ummm, because I am a horrible pig with poor self control I end up eating the entire batch in a few hours and then I need a few days t-break lol

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Inspector Hound posted:

This is honestly the most reasonable explanation

if you think about it there are many things we regularly consume that we can only safely digest if fire or heat is involved

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Earwicker posted:

if you think about it there are many things we regularly consume that we can only safely digest if fire or heat is involved

Sure, to kill germs, but in this case the heat changes THC-A, abundant on cannabis plants but having no effect on your brain, into ∆9-THC, nearly absent in most cannabis but talks straight to your brain and makes you tie-dye things and want to talk about space. ∆9-THC works because you have receptors in your body for an endocannabinoid, a cannabinoid your body creates, called anandamide, and it just so happens that it fits lock and key in those receptors. It will never not be at least a little spooky to me. Same with opioids, frankly, even with the process of getting opium out of poppies being a little easier.

TotalLossBrain posted:

I used to use coconut oil for years, but I've come to really dislike the taste so these days I just use unsalted butter with my vape leftovers (plus soy lecithin). I make a small batch every couple of months and it is pretty good.
The new Mighty I got recently produces some very good quality vaped out weed there without any burns so the taste is pretty great.

I usually make kettle corn with that butter and, ummm, because I am a horrible pig with poor self control I end up eating the entire batch in a few hours and then I need a few days t-break lol

Yeah you have to work to get that taste hidden. It will also definitely obliterate your tolerance. Eating a whole gram of hash will also put you to sleep for two days, I don't care what your tolerance is to start with

e in conclusion, its the dog of plants, and I'm assuming the story, whatever it is, has at least similar themes, where the plant needed the people and the people needed it, but it must have happened so long ago

Inspector Hound fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Oct 28, 2020

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

College Slice
I think I'm ready to eat 300mgs. I've been training

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
A few years ago I made cookies with an RSO extract. They were dosed to my tolerance. I don't like edibles where I have to eat a bunch as I am not interested in too many extra calories.
A couple of friends came over for an evening get-together. I warned them to take a small bite and leave it at that. But no, both of them ate a few cookies and before too long they were just melting into the kitchen table moaning.
When I went to bed, they were still sitting there like that.
When I got up next morning, they were still sitting there like that.
When I came home from work that day, they were still sitting there like that.
Eventually they went home that next night.

They never had my edibles again.

Also RSO edibles are loving disgusting.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Boss: eh sorry lass, hate to ask, but would ye mind workin' from home this week?

Me: home? But that's where I keep my weed

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i leik to smoke weed :kiddo:

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Inspector Hound posted:

Sure, to kill germs, but in this case the heat changes THC-A, abundant on cannabis plants but having no effect on your brain, into ∆9-THC,

im just referring to how people discovered these things. whether it's cooked food, weed, opium, tobacco, or incense we likely figured it out from being close to naturally occuring fires and breathing the smoke and eating the burned animals and veggies left on the ground. and i mean, cooking does all kinds of lovely things besides just killing germs, this is how we discovered carmelization, baking, etc.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
in my experience when you are in the woods with nothing to do you throw things in the fire to see what happens

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

The Walrus posted:

in my experience when you are in the woods with nothing to do you throw things in the fire to see what happens

isn't that what everyone does when camping in the woods? :confused:

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
Exactly. My personal anthropological opinion is it was ppl taking sun dried giant 10 ft tall weed plants and tossing them on the fire for fun

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

College Slice
The plant itself was like yo, heh smoke me. And they did. Y'all need to smoke more if plants ain't revealing life's mysteries to you.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
These new 1:1 edibles I got that are 5mg/5mg are pretty dope. I am enjoying them, specifically with beer.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Hardawn posted:

The plant itself was like yo, heh smoke me. And they did. Y'all need to smoke more if plants ain't revealing life's mysteries to you.

2 There the angel of the Lord appeared to him in flames of fire from within a bush. Moses saw that though the bush was on fire it did not burn up. 3 So Moses thought, “I will go over and see this strange sight—why the bush does not burn up.”

4 When the Lord saw that he had gone over to look, God called to him from within the bush, “Moses! Moses!”

And Moses said, “Here I am.”

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

College Slice
Sounds like you are making a dessert on one of those weed shows

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

College Slice
You don't really read too much about plantomorphization in literature. Carlos Castaneda has Mescalito but that's the only one I can think of

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Hardawn posted:

You don't really read too much about plantomorphization in literature. Carlos Castaneda has Mescalito but that's the only one I can think of

terrance mckenna talks about mushrooms as though they are a sentient and highly intelligent alien species, with whom you have a conversation while you are tripping. but i guess thats fungomorphization

also the flowers in alice in wonderland of course

Earwicker fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Oct 29, 2020

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

But why on the planet would it make you high

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

College Slice
As a way to insure continued propagation. Aligning yourself with another species can be mutually beneficial.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

It's happened a few times, but I never get tired of that classic story of the cops burning a shitload of weed, and...wait whuuut?

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Hardawn posted:

I think I'm ready to eat 300mgs. I've been training

What's your recreational threshold? 50mg is a good place for me now. I'm thinking about jumping up to 100mg and seeing how long it takes for me to tolerate that, but I'm scared.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

TotalLossBrain posted:

both of them ate a few cookies and before too long they were just melting into the kitchen table moaning.
When I went to bed, they were still sitting there like that.
When I got up next morning, they were still sitting there like that.
When I came home from work that day, they were still sitting there like that.
Eventually they went home that next night.

They never had my edibles again.

I make my butter a little on the weak side on purpose to avoid this happening, and I still end up feeling high for like 12+ hours at a time if I eat a tablespoon of it. Your friends are braver than me though; I once called 911 because I got & stayed too high for too long of a time from eating TWO tablespoons of weak butter in one sitting. I was so freaked out that I didn't even care about the possibility of getting arrested.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
In the book of revelations st John mentions an angel comes and gives him a "tiny scroll" which he puts in his mouth and then he sees the end of the world so I always thought that was like, a time traveler with LSD playing a prank on some crazy old dude

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

el B posted:

What's your recreational threshold? 50mg is a good place for me now. I'm thinking about jumping up to 100mg and seeing how long it takes for me to tolerate that, but I'm scared.

I did like 150 mg when I wasn't particularly ready for it and combined with some tall boys was out on the street almost unable to walk.

It owned.

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

Inspector Hound posted:

But why on the planet would it make you high

One reason I've heard for the evolution of cannabinoids is to prevent herbivores from grazing too much on the plant. Like the horse or aurochs would get a little high from eating it and wander away.

Vivian Darkbloom fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Oct 29, 2020

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

One evolutionary reason I've heard for the evolution of cannabinoids is to prevent herbivores from grazing too much on the plant. Like the horse or aurochs would get a little high from eating it and wander away.

I need to know what other animals have endocannabinoid systems, it seems like mainly mammals

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

Like the horse or aurochs would get a little high from eating it and wander away.

it takes hours to get high that way though surely a horse could devour an entire cannabis plant pretty easily before it kicked in

it could also just be the same idea as with many tasty fruits - animals eat it and later poo poo out the seeds, propagating the plant. they like getting high so they keep coming back and doing so

Earwicker fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Oct 29, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
edibles dont really work on me or something. half the time they make me sick or i have a weird reaction. ive just stopped bothering with them. sucks since that is the healthy alternative