Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

'Tis Time for Torture, Princess

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/titles/100071

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

A dolphin show

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Reported for doxxing

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
They hated him because he told the truth

x

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

sinky posted:

They hated him because he told the truth

x

I never expected to see Star Citizen in manga form.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

what's this from?

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Love and lifespan.

It's a one shot and that's all of it

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

lol I was just considering posting the cute face smooshing from this chapter

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Insert a Name Here
Nov 1, 2020

]Heres comes a wild chalen-gerlrllr~
The folks who made Death Note made another comic called "Bakuman" which is basically a very long ad to get folks into the manga industry and its sweet but I didnt care for it(I'm not the target audience anyhow.)

"Saikis lovely life" had a much funnier take on it imo.

Including an entire chapter about it.

Heres the intro to a less popular comic magazines actual crossover fighting game
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JB0XiGmj9l0

I don't know exactly who made "Saikis lovely life" but they're sense of humor about comics is definitely of a very jaded comic artist.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Insert a Name Here posted:

"Saikis lovely life" had a much funnier take on it imo.

What the heck is this 90s scanlations rear end title?

Insert a Name Here
Nov 1, 2020

RillAkBea posted:

What the heck is this 90s scanlations rear end title?

If you'd like to read it, its translated as "Saiki's disasterous life" which misses a pun in the comic itself; the main characters name is Saiki Kusou which is a reference to "yaranaika."

Ps; I'm playing "shonan cognac vs" "Shonen Weekly vs" on my PSP right now. It actually feels like the parody from Saiki, such as odd optional controls like "press triangle on the level up screen to change character view" and "use the analog stick to change the way you're facing in beat em up mode!"(its done automatically and theres absolutely no reason for this to be there.) It doesn't detract but it ADDS unnecessary options and is honestly really funny.

The only characters from this I even know are Inuyasha(by far the most popular from the magazine,) the guy from "Air Gear," "Histories Strongest Disciple: Kenichi"(somewhat of an obscure one, "Demon Eyes Kyo"(has to be unlocked) and "not Luffy" from Fairy Tale.

Insert a Name Here fucked around with this message at 10:23 on Nov 5, 2020

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Insert a Name Here posted:

If you'd like to read it, its translated as "Saiki's disasterous life" which misses a pun in the comic itself; the main characters name is Saiki Kusou which is a reference to "yaranaika."

Isn't the pun that Saiki Kusuo is read Psychic?

Or :thejoke:?

Insert a Name Here
Nov 1, 2020

Lurking Haro posted:

Isn't the pun that Saiki Kusuo is read Psychic?

Or :thejoke:?

Theres so much bizzare "japanese puns only in japanese!" in Bobobo that I gotta sometimes give myself credit for reading between the lines of the lines of puns with this sort of thing.
Ps: I just unlocked "Flame of Recca!" I liked the comic a lot. I once went into a store and saw volumes of it on sale and asked "do you sell the earlier ones?" and the cashier said "It's...sorta old and they're not gonna reprint em." I'm pretty sure they were the creator.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r133efMPSaI

Insert a Name Here fucked around with this message at 10:58 on Nov 5, 2020

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Oh my God ive spent the last 20 years in an underground labor camp. What am I gonna do now that I dont have a Unique Look?

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Fun Fact: Donald Trump’s dad’s middle name was Christ. Apparently it was his mother’s maiden name (pronounced with a short ‘i’ like in “fist”, I assume).

So yeah, this is actually a thing in some places.

EDIT: It was also G. G. Allin’s middle name, and in that instance it actually is pronounced with a long ‘i’ like Jesus Christ from the Bible, although that one doesn’t really count since Allin’s dad was a crazy religious whacko (his full given birth name was Jesus Christ Allin).

I. M. Gei fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Nov 7, 2020

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Pronounced "Chris" with a t on the end.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Christ. Rhymes with eucharist.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

nsfw swearing

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Im so many volumes behind I dont think Ive read this since thepandemic started. need to catch up

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
Re-reading Tough, I forgot how silly the entire manga can be in between the man-drama

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
Not to be confused with the White House, where getting OUT can be kind of difficult

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Insert a Name Here
Nov 1, 2020

Accurate representation of a typical household run by a former Kunoichi.

Luckily I watched a lot of episode of "Mr Magoo" and managed to dodge the chunks of metal that were hinged into my basement door unwittingly and our son is definitely living a Daisuke life.

Chicken Thumbs
Oct 21, 2020

Time is dead and meaning has no meaning!

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005